4-0 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

4-0

Yeah, lock him up. He has intangibles, that would be hard to find in a predecessor. Though, regardless, I think he’s here ATLEAST one more year. His roster next year is too good to not make a run with. DeVito, Abdul, Howard, Jackson, White,, Cisco, Alton, Trill... list goes on.

That's my thought. Why start from scratch at a program that's going to pressure you to win immediately (like Ole Miss, Arkansas, etc.)?

The last time we were 4-0, I went to the movies with my buddies to see this movie for my 13th birthday.
"Go ninja, go ninja, go!" - Vanilla Ice.

MV5BMDU5ZDVjZWUtM2I5ZC00ZmVmLWExZGUtZWUzYzBkMWVmZWI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTUyMzE4Mzg@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

So, what bowl are we thinking? Just because the fates and furies want to cause turmoil in my young marriage, I kinda believe it's going to be MSU vs. Syracuse in the Pinstripe Bowl.

I don't care how many Scorsese flicks he appears in. I'll never call "Mark Wahlberg" anything other than Marky Mark.

My favorite part of his movie Rock Star is the outtakes, where they're gearing up for a big concert, Mark and all the band guys are all metaled-out, and then the playback starts and it's "Good Vibrations" playing.
LOL! ;)

My favorite part of his movie Rock Star is the outtakes, where they're gearing up for a big concert, Mark and all the band guys are all metaled-out, and then the playback starts and it's "Good Vibrations" playing.
LOL! ;)
Fun fact: Brian Vander Ark, lead singer of "The Verve Pipe", was Wahlbergs "stunt voice" in that movie.

I don't care how many Scorsese flicks he appears in. I'll never call "Mark Wahlberg" anything other than Marky Mark.
I had a dream a while back where I met him. In my dream he was incredibly gracious and down to earth.

And then in my dream I said "You know, you really are a very good actor, which I wouldn't have expected after The Funky Bunch."

It made it awkward.

Still have such a hard time believing that those mid-90s SU teams never could start out 4-0.

Cheers,
Neil

Just maddening. 1995 we go down to Chapel Hill and beat a pretty good and favored Tar Heels team, and come back home and lose to East Carolina.

1996, UNC returns the favor, beating a favored Orange team at the Dome. Though they went 11-1 or something, but we played like crap. Then we lose at Minnesota on a scoop and score fumble that was clearly ground caused. Then we destroy the next 8 teams we play. SMH.

1997 - we MURDER Wisconsin in Giants Stadium. This is the year we...nope. We get up 14-0 in a few minutes on NC State and stop playing, and lose by 1 on a 2 point conversion. Go to Oklahoma and crap the bed and lose on a botched FG to bad Sooners team.

1998 - we had Tennessee. Had em.

The ECU, Minnesota, NC State, and Oklahoma nutkick losses should’ve all been double digit wins. And while Tenn. would be national champs, we had them...

Those nutkicks undid the amazing work we did in hammering Michigan, Wisconsin, and UNC all away from the Dome.

I was wearing these every Friday to school, and wasn't embarrassed one bit.
thumb.aspx

People in Buffalo still wear those to Bills games. And aren’t embarrassed one bit.

First time since 1991

Dow topped 3,000 for the first time

Soviet Union was still around, but soon to be dissolved
In 1991 I was occasionally using this new “internet” thing via a “web browser” called Netscape on an RS6000 workstation in our research lab. That wasn’t as much fun, though, as sending “e-mail” via Unix/sh mail, downloading uuencoded pictures from alt.*, or debating the Miami and nebraska trolls on rec.sport.football.college. In text-only mode via trn, of course!

Everything helps. More people who are starting to believe should follow your example.

If they can (have the means), then abso-ing-lutely. And if not, lets get out those orange shirts and do the best we can to drum up support and awareness in other ways.

**Note** I took a workshop/training early this year and one takeaway was that "should" is arguably the worst word for a lot of reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom