4* WR Stacy Coley | Syracusefan.com

4* WR Stacy Coley

Looks like we have not only offered but may be his final visit??

If so, sweet baby Jesus McD!

Mark Ennis@Mengus22
4* receiver. RT @gregauman Bennett says he expects WR Stacy Coley to choose between Louisville & Syracuse for final visit next weekend.

http://247sports.com/Player/Stacy-Coley-8091
Final list of 2 for FINAL VISIT, not necessarily final 2 teams...I misread it first time too but good to be moving in strong so late

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

@gregauman
Bennett says he expects WR Stacy Coley to choose between Louisville & Syracuse for final visit next weekend. FSU, Miami, USF also in top 5.

I will bet my life savings Gmac looked at the film of our returing WR's and said they are OK but we need better to compete in the ACC. Thats why we are going from not recruiting a WR at all to bringing in 3 or 4. He is going hard after them. Getting Coley to visit upstate NY will be a acomplishment itself

This is a pipedream recruit. No chance.

However, if they get him to visit that will bode extremely well for this staff's recruiting ability and we may see Top 30 classes in our future. I'm pumped.

However, if they get him to visit that will bode extremely well for this staff's recruiting ability and we may see Top 30 classes in our future. I'm pumped.

Perhaps... but you never know...

WR's should be more swayable than the average recruit based on our recent pro-style O and the plus-side of playing in a contolled indoor atmosphere...

Anyone get the feeling our new OC is the best ever? #MacDaddy #NathanielWho?

while I agree, there are definitely some benefits for him and some sales pitches that can be made. Immediate playing time for one - and the fact that he'd be McDonald's guy in his new OC role - ie taken care of.

I have a feeling that our WR on the roster some that people here love are going to get recruited over. From the looks of it it will happen sooner than later. If we bring in a guy like this that means players like West are going to have to work 10 times harder just to see the field. Which is good for the program.

These are a lock:

West
Funderburke

These two I think are solidly in the rotation:

Cornelius
Lewis

Guys like Kobena, Clark, Foster, Flemming, Hale will be fighting for their PT lives.

Lewis was also a very good defensive player who could potentially be moved to safety but for right now I like him at WR.

Everything else is up for grabs. I’d expect Winfield to redshirt and Cooper I think could go either way. Coley would play as a true frosh.

Coley opposite Funderburke would be unbelievable.

I think you're dead on here. This is a Miami-FSU battle, but if we end up even getting a visit, it shows you the pull McDonald has. He's been on the job a week. Can you imagine him over a full recruiting cycle? As I said when he was hired, I'm giddy. Still am. This guy is gold, Jerry. Gold.

These are a lock:

West
Funderburke

Cornelius
Lewis

Guys like Kobena, Clark, Foster, Flemming, Hale will be fighting for their PT lives.

Lewis was also a very good defensive player who could potentially be moved to safety but for right now I like him at WR.

Everything else is up for grabs. I’d expect Winfield to redshirt and Cooper I think could go either way. Coley would play as a true frosh.

Interesting that you are that high on Lewis and Cornelius. Any particular reason?

Marrone gushed over Foster. I would think he is a lock as well (as long as he recovers fully).

These are a lock:

West
Funderburke

Cornelius
Lewis

Cornelius and Lewis solidly in the rotation?!?

I'd say that Flemming, Foster, and Kobena all have a better shot at PT. Flemming would have been a contributor this season if healthy. Same with Foster. Kobena will have a role. Don't really see Cornelius/Lewis making a leap up in PT from where they were last year. Not like they were opening eyes in practice like QF

These are a lock:

West
Funderburke

Cornelius
Lewis

I would say after West and Funderburke nobody is a lock to do anything...

wow sweet baby jesus if they got him he be are version of clemson's sammy watkins and add to the great history of wr's at syracuse

Cornelius and Lewis solidly in the rotation?!?

I'd say that Flemming, Foster, and Kobena all have a better shot at PT. Flemming would have been a contributor this season if healthy. Same with Foster. Kobena will have a role. Don't really see Cornelius/Lewis making a leap up in PT from where they were last year. Not like they were opening eyes in practice like QF

I won't pretend to have any idea who is in or not in the rotation outside of West but I actually thought Kobena looked pretty good when he got some run last year. Granted, 6 catches for 146 and 2 TDs doesn't exactly make you the next marvin harrison, but he looked like a guy that could be a solid option.

I think you're dead on here. This is a Miami-FSU battle, but if we end up even getting a visit, it shows you the pull McDonald has. He's been on the job a week. Can you imagine him over a full recruiting cycle? As I said when he was hired, I'm giddy. Still am. This guy is gold, Jerry. Gold.

Yeah, I'm with the camp that thinks it's probably a pipe dream, but getting a visit from that guy makes every other guy visiting that weekend feel like the cuse is a little bit more legit. RU has landed some big fish -- for all that criticize schiano -- and I think they did it by just getting involved with big names at first, then getting into that final decision with the hats on the table, then finally landing a few. Don't know that we'll ever land many kids like this, but having them visit and consider the Cuse is a good thing. The only downside is all the people who will be furious at him for ultimately deciding to play at Miami, which will lead to dozens of "have fun on the bench!" posts and "he wasn't hard-nosed anyway" posts from people who apparently see no upside to playing football at a good school in south beach or some such place.