4* WR Stacy Coley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

4* WR Stacy Coley

Honestly, I'm not that thrilled with West. I'm sure he's in the rotation as he is SU's leading returning receiver. I hope that Q can catch the ball in the redzone as West showed over and over that he can't do it with consistancy.

Honestly, I'm not that thrilled with West. I'm sure he's in the rotation as he is SU's leading returning receiver. I hope that Q can catch the ball in the redzone as West showed over and over that he can't do it with consistancy.

Agreed. Plus all of the stupid penalties and drops drove me nuts. I think the overall message here is that nonbody's WR job is safe. McDonald obviously thinks we need more horses.

I feel like Coley is this year's David Oku.
Agreed. And when we got in on Oku, we were all saying the exact same things about "imagine the recruits we'll be able to land with a full recruiting cycle!"

Of course now I think we actually do have a shot at landing top 25 classes, considering we have bona fide, respected, big time recruiters on board in the new staff.

I wonder if this is the first of many McDonald vs Strong battles to come.

Agreed. And when we got in on Oku, we were all saying the exact same things about "imagine the recruits we'll be able to land with a full recruiting cycle!"

Had Drayton actually stuck around longer than 1 season and it may have happened.

McD's metachlorients count is off the charts...

"Those are not the offers you are looking for... You need to come to Syracuse my young padawan..."
I will not be a giant nerd and point out that it's actually spelled "midi-chlorians"...I will not be a giant nerd and point out that it's actually spelled "midi-chrlorians"...

I will not be a giant nerd and point out that it's actually spelled "midi-chlorians"...I will not be a giant nerd and point out that it's actually spelled "midi-chrlorians"...
Nerd.

Francis says you are right...

PeteCalvin felt a disturbance in the force when he read the mis-spelling.

These aren't the errors you're looking for.

Of course now I think we actually do have a shot at landing top 25 classes, considering we have bona fide, respected, big time recruiters on board in the new staff.

I don't think it is so much the new staff as it is that the program is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was when Marrone and company took over.

If these recruiters are as good as their resume and with the new Syracuse (ACC, coming off a winning season and bowl win and likely a drafted QB who will be important to his NFL team), there should be some big names on the docket for next year.

still deciding between Syracuse and Louisville for his final visit. Real strong relationship with McDonald. If we could get him on campus it would be a win in it's own right. I think his relationship with McDonald alone will get him on campus and then you never know. He was going to commit to Miami because of GMD, so you never know.

Pipe. Dream.

Thank you. Can we nuke this thread in order to avoid a week long "Ishaq/Oku/Perkins" meltdown when he chooses Miami or Louisville? You'll thank us later.

A visit would be moral victory. Just to get people talking about the program.

Our on the field play and new conference affiliation will get/keep people talking. I'm no longer interested in moral victories.

I have a feeling that our WR on the roster some that people here love are going to get recruited over. From the looks of it it will happen sooner than later. If we bring in a guy like this that means players like West are going to have to work 10 times harder just to see the field. Which is good for the program.
ST's will get stronger one way or the other.

I won't pretend to have any idea who is in or not in the rotation outside of West but I actually thought Kobena looked pretty good when he got some run last year. Granted, 6 catches for 146 and 2 TDs doesn't exactly make you the next marvin harrison, but he looked like a guy that could be a solid option.
TD ratio to catches is out of sight

Call me Bilbo and pass the 'pipe weed'. (Since nerd has been mentioned in this thread) ;)
Since we are being so literal, it is really called "Longbottom leaf"!

Since we are being so literal, it is really called "Longbottom leaf"!

3 things:

1. Coach McDonald is Gandalf for sure.
2. Marrone is Saruman?
3. We have no shot at this kid, should he read what this thread dissolved into. (Unless he is a closet nerd, then - sweet!)