44 | Syracusefan.com

Man, I clicked hoping this was going to be hinting at 44 possibly being unretired...

I'm honestly curious, do people think if SU polled fans they'd want 44 brought back for the right player? I have to believe overwhelmingly they'd say yes.

But I suppose for now I'll be happy with it being only 44 days until football season. Well, aside from the fact that it means I'm way too close to being super busy again at work.

Man, I clicked hoping this was going to be hinting at 44 possibly being unretired...

I'm honestly curious, do people think if SU polled fans they'd want 44 brought back for the right player? I have to believe overwhelmingly they'd say yes.

But I suppose for now I'll be happy with it being only 44 days until football season. Well, aside from the fact that it means I'm way too close to being super busy again at work.

I'm in favor of it being un-retired so that it could be used as a recruiting tool. Was the last one Rob Konrad?

Would have to be a special talent to warrant getting that honor.

I'm in favor of it being un-retired so that it could be used as a recruiting tool. Was the last one Rob Konrad?

Would have to be a special talent to warrant getting that honor.

Konrad was the last, you are correct.

It seems like we've had some guys who would warrant wearing 44 recently. Jerome maybe, but it really feels like George Morris may wind up being a guy who is a special enough talent to rock that 44. I haven't been as excited about a pair of young RBs like Morris and DMC since Reyes and Ferri came in together.

I am conflicted about bringing back #44. But if you are going to do it, there are only two ways to go: give to a guy like Smith now during a solid career and let him finish out with the number ( for one or two years), then segue into a new recruit. Or try to use it to entice a top recruit now. I feel like option A may be the best way to make it special.

I clicked on it thinking, "Damn, I hope this isn't another pointless discussion about unretiring 44 and using it as a recruiting tool."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom