Spring Game Attendance Estimates | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game Attendance Estimates

We really wanted to come up since it was a lacrosse game as well buuuut our oldest daughter has a dance competition so we will miss this one.
Hopefully we get an ok crowd but I don't think year one we will
See if the competition can be moved to Syracuse. We all need something to watch between lacrosse and football.

I bet SUAD would welcome this with open arms. And the dome finally has dope sound for the fresh dance tunes.

Because I want him to calibrate his expectations to our history before we start raising them. Even in our best years we never had more than 5k at the spring game, so if we draw 7k that would be unprecedented and a huge success... as long as he doesn't think "but Georgia had 40,000".
He was also at Temple and Rutgers. I don’t think he’s oblivious to the history or likelihood of a smaller turnout, but why feed it and play down your goals? Tell everyone there will be 10k and you may just manifest it. FOMO is a powerful tool

Stopping to play touch football with a bunch of frat guys is a good idea, you can bet word of that spread quickly around campus. FB has a way about him, and he seems to be everywhere.

Last edited:
See if the competition can be moved to Syracuse. We all need something to watch between lacrosse and football.

I bet SUAD would welcome this with open arms. And the dome finally has dope sound for the fresh dance tunes.
I haven’t seen a good dance competition in days , bring it on !!!

I'll say 7-8K

I would guess it was around 10K. Lower bowl was reasonably full between the 20s. Only a smattering of people in the upper decks, around midfield (maybe 15 rows up) and in the end zones. Decent noise for a scrimmage. Lots of families with kids, which you like to see.

I would guess it was around 10K. Lower bowl was reasonably full between the 20s. Only a smattering of people in the upper decks, around midfield (maybe 15 rows up) and in the end zones. Decent noise for a scrimmage. Lots of families with kids, which you like to see.
I’d estimate a little over 10k. They said they distributed 16.5k tickets so around 10-11 would be in line.

Definitely over 10K
The lacrosse game was something like 8,600 and seemed to extend up into the 300s more than the spring game. Either people were more packed in for the spring game vs the lacrosse game or the spring game had less than 8,600 . Disclaimer: Basing thing off what I saw on tv

The lacrosse game was something like 8,600 and seemed to extend up into the 300s more than the spring game. Either people were more packed in for the spring game vs the lacrosse game or the spring game had less than 8,600 . Disclaimer: Basing thing off what I saw on tv

For football people could sit in the end zones

For lacrosse you can’t

Perhaps a dumb question

Why on earth, like what logical reason, would you not have the events (Lax/Spring Game) back to back and keep as many fans there as possible, etc etc?

Understand Football has to warm up, fine, they can do that, but what?!

Perhaps a dumb question

Why on earth, like what logical reason, would you not have the events (Lax/Spring Game) back to back and keep as many fans there as possible, etc etc?

Understand Football has to warm up, fine, they can do that, but what?!

Would you sleep in a hotel room before the linen had been changed from the previous occupant?

LAX fans are sloppy. Garbage and empty beer cans strewn about everywhere.

Is that the impression you want football fans to get of Fran and the program?

Give the Dome cleaning staff a chance to straighten up a bit before the next audience arrives.

11k is my guess. Could be 20k next year if this continues.
My thoughts too. If we all drink enough Orange Kool-aid and our fantasy scenarios happen...we could be the new charity "it" team that even ESPN will be forced to pimp a bit.

It could go something like this:

SEC, SEC, SEC, B1G, ACC Drama, More SEC vs B1G, Blah, Blah...and a nice little story building in CNY but first a rumor Nick Saban is looking at a condo in Destin...what does that mean?

Would you sleep in a hotel room before the linen had been changed from the previous occupant?

Give the Dome cleaning staff a chance to straighten up a bit before the next audience arrives.
Also, the 8k fans that were at lacrosse are not 8 of the 10k fans at football. And if 5-6 of the lax 8k are leaving and 7-8k of the football 10k are coming in, that parking situation would be a nightmare… it already stinks when there’s just one game

Also, the 8k fans that were at lacrosse are not 8 of the 10k fans at football. And if 5-6 of the lax 8k are leaving and 7-8k of the football 10k are coming in, that parking situation would be a nightmare… it already stinks when there’s just one game

The parking situation was a nightmare

I know someone who personally waited over 30 mins to get from 1 side of Raynor to the other

The parking situation was a nightmare

I know someone who personally waited over 30 mins to get from 1 side of Raynor to the other
Yep and getting out was a nightmare too and took forever, longest ever for us. And a hard no going forward ever tailgating in Raynor again.

SUCKS up there compared to our usual spot which was wide open when we pulled up and in.

Fair, but I'm talking about treating it like a Final Four or whatever...two games, no change.