5 PLAYERS ON "MY" WISH LIST FOR 2021 AS A FAN | Syracusefan.com

5 PLAYERS ON "MY" WISH LIST FOR 2021 AS A FAN

BEAR'S DAD

Walk On
PLEASE NOTE: NONE OF THE PLAYERS BELOW ARE ON OUR OFFER BOARD.

Every SCHOOL has their criteria for recruits/players.

I do Know that no region in the US produces more NFL players than South Florida. FACT! see the post "Follow the #'S "

BTW: Coach Frost Nebraska has just assigned a coach to recruit one county and one county only MIAMI/DADE! A couple years age Kentucky inked 8 players out of 24 signees from Broward County alone( 8 out of 24)!!! DABO signed an OL from Ft. Lauderdale High last year & inked another OL this year & CLEMSON HAS INTENTIONALLY QUADRUPLED their presence in Broward County. Recruiting is about presence and relationships. Saban said "I WILL SIGN one skill player from South Florida in each class." Enough of that...whew.

These are just a few guys that are on "MY" Wish List for Syracuse, because I know they will make an immediate impact as true freshman. Check them out & you decide...

1.Chamon Metayer 6'5 220lbs 3Star 21 pos 56 state
North Miami High
Chamaon already won a state championship with Miami Central as a TE. Kid plays Basketball also. The kid wants to play WR in college but has played DB, OLB, DE, & TE.

2.Amari Daniels APB 5'8 185lbs.
Miami Central High
The kid is considered undersized but is the #3 APB in the nation for a reason. (*We thought my homeboy's son Hawkins @ Louisville was undersized too but he IS THE STARTING TAILBACK FOR THE CARDINALS. TuTu Atwell was undersized as a QB & Wanted to go to CUSE, but we didn't offer him & he is torching the ACC @ the WR position)

IMO Amari is the BEST back in the nation!!! I don't give a fat baby's pamper what the so called "experts say." After having Dovante Freeman & Dalvin Cook..you don't have to wonder why Jimbo Fischer himself said "A KID LIKE THAT WILL SAVE YOUR JOB."

3.Michael McLaughlin OT 6'7 255lbs 27pos 50state Committed to UM
Marjorie Stoneman Douglass High
* HE WILL PLAY ON SUNDAYS!!

4.Winsome Frazier S/CB 6'3 185lbs. He was the starting CB for Miami Northwestern"s State Championship team last year & ALWAYS covered the best receiver. HE COVERS & TACKLES TO WELL IN THE OPEN FIELD TO REDSHIRT.

5.***Gunner Greenwald TE This Kid got screwed & should easily be a 4 star TE & plays WAY higher than his #44 TE suggest.
Committed to USF. He is ranked as the 112 best player in Florida which says a lot. Gunner likes to be flexed out WR & set up in the backfield as an H back & swing out for the classic swing pass or screen. AWESOME route runner & usually MAKES THE 1st GUY MISS.
Gunner will pick up the offense quickly. He has a 3.9 GPA so the kid will absorb our playbook.

***Gunner isn't from South Florida-but I listed him anyway.

Remember these are the ones who we didn't offer.

Pipelines are easy to build in Football...you just have to know the people - who know the people.

Last edited:
I’ll be very curious to see if/when some offers are made...we know people “watch” the forums.

Personally, I like what I read!

Thanks for posting, but would any of these kids actually come to SU if they got an offer from a FL school or an SEC school?

Recruiting's partially about connections, but most kids are swayed to the bright lights...

Thanks for posting, but would any of these kids actually come to SU if they got an offer from a FL school or an SEC school?

Recruiting's partially about connections, but most kids are swayed to the bright lights...

I assume the thought process is, you don't know until you try.

Also we are one of the schools offering the largest number of prospects in a year. What's a few more attempts at building a relationship?

Kids are committing to YOU (as a coach) first and foremost. You attract who & what you are. If you're a bad ass then guess what - that is the type of kid you will attract. If your soft - that's the type of player you will attract.
Half of closing is creating value for the decision maker & assuming the close. I believe that Syracuse can get ANY kid we want... we just have to posture & pair correctly. 6 degrees of separation is real. Plus South Florida Kids want to go to the League. They also know that you can't do that without stats.

THE PITCH: "What better way to pad your stats than having A REAL OPPORTUNITY TO START AS A TRUE FRESHMAN...& post stats against Clemson, FSU, MIAMI, etc. versus waiting your last 2 years to PLAY & try and impress. Plus you will be playing in THE ONLY DOME IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL ON CABLE TV's ACC NETWORK. Plus our Athletic Director was an executive Director @ ESPN etc..."Dude you've gotta sell the sizzle! We've got a ton of bells and whistles. We just have to believe. Hell you've gotta believe it yourself before you can sell it to a kid!!!!!

I assume the thought process is, you don't know until you try.

Also we are one of the schools offering the largest number of prospects in a year. What's a few more attempts at building a relationship?
Our offering the largest # of prospects means NOTHING unless we double down in FLORIDA with an extra coach, primarily because of the number of schools that have made Florida a priority.

Did you know that LSU, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama, Penn State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, & Auburn have Florida as their number one recruited state for offers with the MAJORITY OF THEM FOCUSING ON SOUTH FLORIDA. That's right. They Recruited Florida players (& South Florida in particular) more than players in their home state. I WONDER WHY?

Did you know that 9 of the 15 SEC schools recruit Florida more than their Home State with South Florida being the MAJOR FOCAL POINT? Additionally, No conference recruits the state of Florida with the primary emphasis on South Florida more than the SEC...& people wonder why the SEC maintains the perception of dominance in college football.

Even Dabo has QUADRUPLED THEIR PRESENCE IN SOUTH FLORIDA which is scary.

Last edited:
Kids are committing to YOU (as a coach) first and foremost. You attract who & what you are. If you're a bad ass then guess what - that is the type of kid you will attract. If your soft - that's the type of player you will attract.
Half of closing is creating value for the decision maker & assuming the close. I believe that Syracuse can get ANY kid we want... we just have to posture & pair correctly. 6 degrees of separation is real. Plus South Florida Kids want to go to the League. They also know that you can't do that without stats.

THE PITCH: "What better way to pad your stats than having A REAL OPPORTUNITY TO START AS A TRUE FRESHMAN...& post stats against Clemson, FSU, MIAMI, etc. versus waiting your last 2 years to PLAY & try and impress. Plus you will be playing in THE ONLY DOME IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL ON CABLE TV's ACC NETWORK. Plus our Athletic Director was an executive Director @ ESPN etc..."Dude you've gotta sell the sizzle! We've got a ton of bells and whistles. We just have to believe. Hell you've gotta believe it yourself before you can sell it to a kid!!!!!
I believe our staff does a great job of selling the vision and what Syracuse can help you accomplish. That being said, when it comes down to it, we haven't had many kids go to the NFL and succeed in the last few years, outside of Chan, Pugh, and punters. We also have only had one winning season.

You can sell a kid all you want, but Clemson/FSU/Miami comes in and we're no longer the best option.

It's like selling a car. You can get a fully loaded car that's great on gas but it's just a regular sedan, or you can get a base model luxury car that gets worse gas mileage and the only perk is the name and how it looks. Most people pick the looks over the practicality...

I believe our staff does a great job of selling the vision and what Syracuse can help you accomplish. That being said, when it comes down to it, we haven't had many kids go to the NFL and succeed in the last few years, outside of Chan, Pugh, and punters. We also have only had one winning season.

You can sell a kid all you want, but Clemson/FSU/Miami comes in and we're no longer the best option.

It's like selling a car. You can get a fully loaded car that's great on gas but it's just a regular sedan, or you can get a base model luxury car that gets worse gas mileage and the only perk is the name and how it looks. Most people pick the looks over the practicality...
This also implies that recruiting on all sides is done within the rules and a kid picks a Clemson over a Syracuse due to its success, exposure etc.

If you are Syracuse (or others with similar profile) you also have to deal with the schools that cheat, pay kids/parents, etc. Which is another layer to this that prevents a kid from picking Syracuse.

Dino, if you ever read this board, please hire this man ASAP.

I believe we can out recruit ANYONE. Do you know how how many good players are down here. There were a few players better than NICK BOSA (Ohio State, 1st round), BRIAN BURNS (FSU, 1ST round), and even my son BEAR who WERE NOT EVEN RANKED & DIDN'T SIGN WITH ANYONE & yes they were qualified. That ranking stuff is Political. Plus There are ALWAYS players who develop late. Hell Chris Gamble who started both ways for Ohio State (& was 1st Round w/Carolina) when they played UM for the National Championship didn't do jack 4 2 yrs. until he went to Dillard High. In fact, you can't find 10 schools in the tri county (Dade,Broward, & Palm Beach) area that don't have at least one kid (including the suburbs) that's not running a 4.4/4.5 forty.

But like they say on WAll STREET, " The trend is your friend." We will augment our presence in South Florida, because all of our competition is. Plus Coach Babers wants to coach a football game from the sideline NOT WATCH A TRACK MEET with Florida Skill kids flying past him A LA Louisville.

Even if we get a few late bloomers that would be AWESOME.

Nick is doing a great job & the Kids talk about how KOOL he is, but pair him with a Telly Lockett ( as a football analyst on staff) who has that "REAL" inner city connection to Miami Central, Northwestern, Booker T, Miami Miami Norland. He coached & grew up with all those coaches & coached most of those prospects' dads.

I don't even know Telly personally, but I do know that He & Nick would BE A LETHAL COMBINATION IN SOUTH FLORIDA.

Last edited:
It was a real bummer to lose Kentron Poitier to Florida State last year and a brand new coach who was only inked 10 days before the commitment to FSU. When the years work you put in literally goes out the window in 10 days it's hard to justify how much time and resources you're going to spend on the elite South Florida kids.

Dino, if you ever read this board, please hire this man ASAP.

Thanks - but I don't need a job. I'm just waiting for my son to Graduate. I've only stopped since my son was in middle school, because coaches can be petty & I'd hate to display how much I love my son to someone, because they weren't man enough to confront me personally & indirectly take it out on my son because I didn't suggest an athlete sign with them.

BTW: The ONLY reason I never took the job with the CIA is because they said; I couldn't have any contact with my family (including my son who was 2 @ the time) until after I retired.

I was very good @ what I did.

Trust ME - I'm good. I humbly appreciate it though.

Dealing with students is a cinch. I was Student Government president of 2 Universities. Bethune Cookman University (a predominantly black university) and Florida International University (FIU wasn't even 10% black then) in Miami. I was actually elected twice at FIU: 65% my 1st election & 92% my second election...So dealing with students is a piece of cake. I just love people. Period.

Anywhoo thanks again for the complement & enjoy the rest of your week.

It was a real bummer to lose Kentron Poitier to Florida State last year and a brand new coach who was only inked 10 days before the commitment to FSU. When the years work you put in literally goes out the window in 10 days it's hard to justify how much time and resources you're going to spend on the elite South Florida kids.
That's part of the game though. Unfortunately.

I believe we can out recruit ANYONE. Do you know how how many good players are down here. There were a few players better than NICK BOSA (Ohio State, 1st round), BRIAN BURNS (FSU, 1ST round), and even my son BEAR who WERE NOT EVEN RANKED & DIDN'T SIGN WITH ANYONE & yes they were qualified. That ranking stuff is Political. Plus There are ALWAYS players who develop late. Hell Chris Gamble who started both ways for Ohio State (& was 1st Round w/Carolina) when they played UM for the National Championship didn't do jack 4 2 yrs. until he went to Dillard High. In fact, you can't find 10 schools in the tri county (Dade,Broward, & Palm Beach) area that don't have at least one kid (including the suburbs) that's not running a 4.4/4.5 forty.

But like they say on WAll STREET, " The trend is your friend." We will augment our presence in South Florida, because all of our competition is. Plus Coach Babers wants to coach a football game from the sideline NOT A TRACK MEET with Florida Skill kids flying past him A LA Louisville.

Even if we get a few late bloomers that would be AWESOME.

Nick is doing a great job & the Kids talk about how KOOL he is, but pair him with a Telly Lockett ( as a football analyst on staff) who has that "REAL" inner city connection to Miami Central, Northwestern, Booker T, Miami Miami Norland. He coached & grew up with all those coaches & coaches most of those players dads.

I don't even know Telly personally, but I do know that He & Nick would BE A LETHAL COMBINATION IN SOUTH FLORIDA.
We're on the same page for sure.

I've been banging the "sign underrecruited players in football factory states" drum for years. There's so much talent in FL, TX, VA, and GA that we can find and develop. But for the top guys, and even the tier under, it's extremely hard to recruit to SU.

While I'd love for us to try and get a guy like Telly, even if he had some success one of the FL schools would probably come in and offer him an even bigger salary to do the same for them. We're not a destination job/school for coaches or recruits, and we do well with the resources we have. I believe the staff we have in place will get us there. But I'm also trying to be realistic about our limitations.

I was certain we’d win that recruitment.

We're on the same page for sure.
I've been banging the "sign underrecruited players in football factory states" drum for years. There's so much talent in FL, TX, VA, and GA that we can find and develop. But for the top guys, and even the tier under, it's extremely hard to recruit to SU.

While I'd love for us to try and get a guy like Telly, even if he had some success one of the FL schools would probably come in and offer him an even bigger salary to do the same for them. We're not a destination job/school for coaches or recruits, and we do well with the resources we have. I believe the staff we have in place will get us there. But I'm also trying to be realistic about our limitations.
U may think I'm delusional, but WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE NEED! We just need to get a couple key persons on staff as "football analyst" like bama titles them & let them be like arrows in the hands of Monroe to direct & grab that 4/5 star South Florida Kid, double team him, & Voila.

Last edited:
U may think I'm delusional, but WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE NEED! We just need to get a couple key persons on staff as "football analyst" like bama titles them & let them be like arrows in the hands of Monroe to direct & grab that 4/5 star kid South Florida Kid, double team him, & Voila.
Haha I don't think you're delusional, but you're definitely on the optimistic side. IF we can get a few of those guys up to SU as analysts AND they are willing to stay a few years then sure, I'd love to see what we can do.

I just don't want to get burned again by another Roger Harriott.

Haha I don't think you're delusional, but you're definitely on the optimistic side. IF we can get a few of those guys up to SU as analysts AND they are willing to stay a few years then sure, I'd love to see what we can do.

I just don't want to get burned again by another Roger Harriott.
Roger made the right decision for his family at the time.