5 PLAYERS ON "MY" WISH LIST FOR 2021 AS A FAN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

5 PLAYERS ON "MY" WISH LIST FOR 2021 AS A FAN

This also implies that recruiting on all sides is done within the rules and a kid picks a Clemson over a Syracuse due to its success, exposure etc.

If you are Syracuse (or others with similar profile) you also have to deal with the schools that cheat, pay kids/parents, etc. Which is another layer to this that prevents a kid from picking Syracuse.
Oh the money bag is real, but kids down here are used to that since little league (Google ESPN South Florida Youth Football League Gambling).

If you are a recruiter who is astute in strategic planning; you'll know there are A THOUSAND WAYS TO TRUMP another school WITHIN THE RULES without giving them a payoff. I don't care what other schools are offering monetarily.

For example, Joe 5 star has a close relative (dad/uncle/cousin) from the inner city who is serving a minimum mandatory 20yr sentence for a crime (he supposedly didn't commit). Someone makes a phone call and he is suddenly transferred from north Florida to Miami Dade County and released - & his retrial is set the day after signing day so his close relative can attend the ceremony with him. WHO DO YOU THINK HE'S GONNA SIGN WITH? Especially knowing the retrial is the day after signing day...& that's just one example. I've got 999 more that can easily be employed.

You've gotta think outside the box, BE CONNECTED, and don't break the law.

When you've spent your life serving and investing in the lives of people that no-one believed in. Those same people will move Heaven or Hell for you EVERY chance they get trust me.

Most people aren't CONNECTED

Kids are committing to YOU (as a coach) first and foremost. You attract who & what you are. If you're a bad ass then guess what - that is the type of kid you will attract. If your soft - that's the type of player you will attract.
Half of closing is creating value for the decision maker & assuming the close. I believe that Syracuse can get ANY kid we want... we just have to posture & pair correctly. 6 degrees of separation is real. Plus South Florida Kids want to go to the League. They also know that you can't do that without stats.

THE PITCH: "What better way to pad your stats than having A REAL OPPORTUNITY TO START AS A TRUE FRESHMAN...& post stats against Clemson, FSU, MIAMI, etc. versus waiting your last 2 years to PLAY & try and impress. Plus you will be playing in THE ONLY DOME IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL ON CABLE TV's ACC NETWORK. Plus our Athletic Director was an executive Director @ ESPN etc..."Dude you've gotta sell the sizzle! We've got a ton of bells and whistles. We just have to believe. Hell you've gotta believe it yourself before you can sell it to a kid!!!!!
I love this post and agree 100%! KIDS COMMIT to a program primarily because of the coach. I have been saying this for years on this site.

Just look at what Mack Brown is doing at NC. Nothing magically made them a top 10 program for recruits EXCEPT bringing him (a great recruiter) back as a coach. I believe in Dino and hope he starts to close some of these kids that can come in and start or provide quality depth as freshmen. I am familiar with a couple of the kids you mentioned and wish we had a shot with them. We aren't far off but gotta add a little more high end talent to what we have. Lets go Orange

For years we've heard "commit to the school and not the coach", but I too am in the camp where you need a fantastic recruiter to get better on the field. I think Dino is that guy as well as some on his staff.

I know Telly Lockette’s son, he goes to MNW right? First Team All-Dade and All-State? Let’s get on him
I think it's pretty obvious we'd be wasting our time.

I know Telly Lockette’s son, he goes to MNW right? First Team All-Dade and All-State? Let’s get on him
AMEN! The kid was the starting center as a sophomore on a state championship team @ 6'3 285lbs. Hell he's ONLY going to get bigger & better. Plus he knows more football than most coaches. I would have offered him yesterday.

AMEN! The kid was the starting center as a sophomore on a state championship team @ 6'3 285lbs. Hell he's ONLY going to get bigger & better. Plus he knows more football than most coaches. I would have offered him yesterday.
Yep! We need the coaches to get on him ASAP! Cuse hasn’t shown interest yet, first P5 offer means a lot to these kids ! Shows u were the first to really believe

We're on the same page for sure.

I've been banging the "sign underrecruited players in football factory states" drum for years. There's so much talent in FL, TX, VA, and GA that we can find and develop. But for the top guys, and even the tier under, it's extremely hard to recruit to SU.

While I'd love for us to try and get a guy like Telly, even if he had some success one of the FL schools would probably come in and offer him an even bigger salary to do the same for them. We're not a destination job/school for coaches or recruits, and we do well with the resources we have. I believe the staff we have in place will get us there. But I'm also trying to be realistic about our limitations.
First of all we are a destination job for coaches and schools. PEOPLE ATTRACT WHO AND WHAT THEY ARE!!

You just verified my point. It is a mind set. I am SOOOOOOOOO glad Coach Babers hired the new DC, & Chip because they don't have any MEOW in their bloodline!!!!!

Players from South Florida Believe they are better than anyone in the Country & Nobody is better than them at ANYTHING.

I'm from South Florida & the fact you said we are not a destination school for recruits or coaches reflects what is in your heart! I believe WE can sign 4 & 5 star players because tough players don't wanna play for coaches or fans who have MEOW in their bloodline.

MF!!! REAL RECOGNIZES REAL!!!

That is the ONLY reason a prospect won't sign with a school. You have to keep recruits around REAL COACHES, REAL fans, & REAL people during the recruiting process. PERIOD!

YOU NEED THE TOUGH GUYS TO WIN...Let's be real.

Ain't no Meow in ME! & if you think it is: WE (U & I) can handle that!

I GOT SERIOUS STREET CRED STATEWIDE IN FLORIDA, but I follow protocol...SO the seventeen 4 star MF's we could've had since 2017 who wanted my input because I helped their families out, juggled with their dads, played football with their parents, or nixed their bill as student government president of two different institutions (Bethune Cookman University & Florida International University), or the one hundred and seventy seven kids who were prop 48 who I helped go to college (& a third of them are currently coaching in south florida), as well as some other stuff I DARE NOT TO TYPE......DON'T tell me what WE can or can't get.

The ONLY reason I fell back is because someone told me via third party that, They didn't need any help in recruiting. So What do you think is going to happen when I tell someone that I'm not involved in ANY recruiting @ Syracuse until my son graduates? (crickets chirping)

Let me help you out.

I NEVER HAD TO SEND FILM ON ANY PROSPECT. EVER!!!!

COACHES signed players on my word. I can Name 4 D1 coaches who will verity that, but this is SYRACUSE's recrutinging board & I don't want 2B a distraction.

Last edited:
First of all we are a destination job for coaches and schools. PEOPLE ATTRACT WHO AND WHAT THEY ARE!!

You just verified my point. It is a mind set. I am SOOOOOOOOO glad Coach Babers hired the new DC, & Chip because they don't have any MEOW in their bloodline!!!!!

Players from South Florida Believe they are better than anyone in the Country & Nobody is better than them at ANYTHING.

I'm from South Florida & the fact you said we are not a destination school for recruits or coaches reflects what is in your heart! I believe WE can sign 4 & 5 star players because tough players don't wanna play for coaches or fans who have MEOW in their bloodline.

That is the ONLY reason a prospect won't sign with a school. You have to keep recruits around REAL COACHES, REAL fans, & REAL people during the recruiting process. PERIOD!

I GOT SERIOUS STREET CRED STATEWIDE IN FLORIDA, but I follow protocol...SO the seventeen 4 star MF's we could've had sine 2017 who wanted my input because I helped their families out, juggled with their dads, played football with their parents, or nixed their bill as student government president of two different institutions (Bethune Cookman University & Florida International University), or the one hundred and seventy seven kids who were prop 48 who I helped go to college (& a third of them are currently coaching in south florida), as well as some other stuff I DARE NOT TO TYPE...DON'T tell me what WE can or can't get.

The ONLY reason I fell back is because someone told me via third party that, They didn't need any help in recruiting. So What do you think is going to happen when I tell someone that I'm not involved in ANY recruiting @ Syracuse until my son graduates? (crickets chirping) lol

Let me help you out.

COACHES signed players on my word. I can Name 4 D1 coaches who will verity that, but this is SYRACUSE's recrutinging board & I don't want 2B a distraction.
AMEN !

I GOT SERIOUS STREET CRED STATEWIDE IN FLORIDA, but I follow protocol...SO the seventeen 4 star MF's we could've had sine 2017 who wanted my input because I helped their families out, juggled with their dads, played football with their parents, or nixed their bill as student government president of two different institutions (Bethune Cookman University & Florida International University), or the one hundred and seventy seven kids who were prop 48 who I helped go to college (& a third of them are currently coaching in south florida), as well as some other stuff I DARE NOT TO TYPE...DON'T tell me what WE can or can't get.

The ONLY reason I fell back is because someone told me via third party that, They didn't need any help in recruiting. So What do you think is going to happen when I tell someone that I'm not involved in ANY recruiting @ Syracuse until my son graduates? (crickets chirping) lol

Let me help you out.

You're fired up. There's no reason to settle for less. We have the best coach in the land. He inspires people. If I had a son that plays football, I would want him to play for Coach Babers. If I were African American, I would definitely want my son to play for Coach Babers.

Let me help you out.

I know nothing about recruiting and just a simple fan, but feel just like you do. For example, people talk about practice facilities. We have 3 indoor facilities! I bet that’s more than anyone in country. Our facilities, while maybe lacking in mini golf and slides, has everything we need to attract recruits.

Oh the money bag is real, but kids down here are used to that since little league (Google ESPN South Florida Youth Football League Gambling).

If you are a recruiter who is astute in strategic planning; you'll know there are A THOUSAND WAYS TO TRUMP another school WITHIN THE RULES without giving them a payoff. I don't care what other schools are offering monetarily.

For example, Joe 5 star has a close relative (dad/uncle/cousin) from the inner city who is serving a minimum mandatory 20yr sentence for a crime (he supposedly didn't commit). Someone makes a phone call and he is suddenly transferred from north Florida to Miami Dade County and released - & his retrial is set the day after signing day so his close relative can attend the ceremony with him. WHO DO YOU THINK HE'S GONNA SIGN WITH? Especially knowing the retrial is the day after signing day...& that's just one example. I've got 999 more that can easily be employed.

You've gotta think outside the box, BE CONNECTED, and don't break the law.

When you've spent your life serving and investing in the lives of people that no-one believed in. Those same people will move Heaven or Hell for you EVERY chance they get trust me.

Most people aren't CONNECTED
I sincerely hope we don’t pull strings to get relatives out of jail just to land recruits.

I sincerely hope we don’t pull strings to get relatives out of jail just to land recruits.
Uh
As long as we don't break the law. We need to do what we need to do to stockpile our roster. You have no idea what other schools are doing to get guys. lol

I can tell you where more than half of the kids are going to sign before they announce because I hear it directly from the key decision makers at the spot where we (Broward & Dade coaches) chill @ over Bar B Q & beer almost every weekend to watch our kids play their college game on TV.

*But we have a serious code of silence that has serious repercussions because your dealing with peoples lives & the prospects eligibility.

Even the late flips are of no surprise, because they were planned prior to the kid commiting. That's how deep it is. That's why I said we can EASILY get a few late bloomers per year & be playing for the ACC Championship within 2yrs. IMO

Respectfully to those here who may feel otherwise, I have no real interest in “doing anything we can” - as long as it’s not illegal, or an NCAA violation (which was implicit, I think) - just to get better players. “As long as it’s not illegal” is not the standard to which I hold my University.

It probably isn’t evident, based an the sheer number of posts have here, but I have an eroding affinity for college athletics. Too much money, too much corruption. Too much professionalism, and a distinct migration away from what I believe college student/athletics are all about.

Getting family members sprung from prison just to ink a recruit is over the line for me. I guess others feel differently. I would stop watching college sports, and stop supporting Syracuse sports specifically. But that’s just me, and I’ve been pretty close to walking away for a while now. I hope it doesn’t come to that. But frankly, we cleared the crest of the hill a long while back, and we are well on our way down the slippery slope.

Uh
As long as we don't break the law. We need to do what we need to do to stockpile our roster. You have no idea what other schools are doing to get guys. lol

I can tell you where more than half of the kids are going to sign before they announce because I hear it directly from the key decision makers at the spot where we (Broward & Dade coaches) chill @ over Bar B Q & beer almost every weekend to watch our kids play their college game on TV.

*But we have a serious code of silence that has serious repercussions because your dealing with peoples lives & the prospects eligibility.

Even the late flips are of no surprise, because they were planned prior to the kid commiting. That's how deep it is. That's why I said we can EASILY get a few late bloomers per year & be playing for the ACC Championship within 2yrs. IMO
Miami-Dade and Broward are about to be taken over by Miami. Reed’s influence down there on the kids is crazy ! I’m telling you they are signing James Williams and Leonard Taylor this class ! Reed pulled in Avantae last class at the last minute, UF thought they had him locked up ! The U is back down there and as far as I’m concerned with the amount of ballers down there they don’t need to ever recruit out of state ! Now I wish someone would tell the coaching staff about Lockette’s kid before it’s too late !

Respectfully to those here who may feel otherwise, I have no real interest in “doing anything we can” - as long as it’s not illegal, or an NCAA violation (which was implicit, I think) - just to get better players. “As long as it’s not illegal” is not the standard to which I hold my University.

It probably isn’t evident, based an the sheer number of posts have here, but I have an eroding affinity for college athletics. Too much money, too much corruption. Too much professionalism, and a distinct migration away from what I believe college student/athletics are all about.

Getting family members sprung from prison just to ink a recruit is over the line for me. I guess others feel differently. I would stop watching college sports, and stop supporting Syracuse sports specifically. But that’s just me, and I’ve been pretty close to walking away for a while now. I hope it doesn’t come to that. But frankly, we cleared the crest of the hill a long while back, and we are well on our way down the slippery slope.
Agreed.

EXACTLY!!!!

But here is the kicker - as long as we aren't breaking the law - WHO CARES
Love your enthusiasm and what you bring to the board BEAR’S DAD, but there is more to making good decisions than not breaking the law. If that’s what it takes to bring a kid in I don’t want him and I’m sure Dino agrees. We can be better than that. But I am all in for bringing in some more talented south Florida kids.

Last edited:
Love your enthusiasm and what you bring to the board BEAR’S DAD, but there is more to making good decisions than breaking the law. If that’s what it takes to bring a kid in I don’t want him and I’m sure Dino agrees. We can be better than that. But I am all in for bringing in some more talented south Florida kids.
That’s not breaking the law