6 W 11 L in acc tournament | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

6 W 11 L in acc tournament

Looking at it through a different lens... what a disaster Syracuse has seemingly been for the ACC.

They sure thought they were getting a different program that what we've given them.

Good point

The fact of the matter is that the NCAA actually succeeded in giving our hoops program the death penalty.

It coincided with JB losing his drive and fastball, Hop moving on, not being able to keep reloading as we had kids going pro after first year where peer programs kept NBA prospects for multiple years, and a perennial cloud hanging over the program.

Really need Freeman and Moore to be the real deal next year, and land an impact transfer.

Need to have a legit 25-30 win season next year and go to Elite Eight or further.

Really need the 2025 class to be top five, and pan out

Otherwise we are a slow sinking ship headed for GTown / Seton Hall / St Johns / Providence territory.

What's really going to suck is when UConn wins it all this year, and Rutgers has their best year ever next year.

The fact of the matter is that the NCAA actually succeeded in giving our hoops program the death penalty.

It coincided with JB losing his drive and fastball, Hop moving on, not being able to keep reloading as we had kids going pro after first year where peer programs kept NBA prospects for multiple years, and a perennial cloud hanging over the program.

Really need Freeman and Moore to be the real deal next year, and land an impact transfer.

Need to have a legit 25-30 win season next year and go to Elite Eight or further.

Otherwise we are a slow sinking ship headed for GTown / Seton Hall / St Johns / Providence territory.

What's really going to suck is when UConn wins it all this year, and Rutgers has their best year ever next year.

There's nothing factual about that statement. Actually, it's about as obvious of one's own opinion as one can be.

The Syracuse hoops program is where it is today purely because of its former coach, as well as the stewards of the university reaping what they sowed.

We’re already there with those 4.

JB ran this program into the ground hanging around as long as he did without the same drive. We’re just so irrelevant and have shown no hope of returning to anywhere near our previous level. Even appearing in a top 25 feels like a daunting task.

This program is still too intertwined with the past decade of mediocrity and is afraid that’s going to persist.

Miami football and Syracuse basketball have really let the ACC down. I thought for sure we’d be fighting it out with Duke and UNC every year. I thought we’d be third, but a close third and be much more than a thorn in their side. And then 25-0 and everything was so exciting. And then it just turned to dust and hasn’t gotten better.

I have a panoramic of the first Duke game in my office. I don’t see us ever getting to that point.
I know others wouldn’t, but if worse came to worse, I’d be willing to sacrifice the football program to focus all resources on basketball and get back into the Big East. That said, I don’t think it’ll come to that. Red will have us relevant again next year, like Coach Jack has done for the women’s team. JB was mailing it in on the recruiting trail and turned away some potentially great players, 100
Percent zone was a conversation killer with top recruits with NBA aspirations. Red is doing what JB needed to do years ago and going to mostly man to man and focusing on playing faster.

Last edited:
"What's a Final Four banner?" -the SU athletic dept.

I hate it. It doesn't even have to be individual banners. Maybe one that includes them all? Or smaller banners. The FF is such a huge accomplishment. It needs to be celebrated and remembered.

I seem to remember us having all sorts of crazy banners on the old blue curtain, like an NIT final after the 81 season, or something like that. I dunno. The FFs are part of our lore, why don't we want to display that?

Of course this is the same university that put up the original joke of a national champions banner before upgrading it.

Last edited:
i mean the mere fact that we have 6 wins in 11 years and nc state has 3 wins in 3 days...

We are in the process of turning it around. No use crying over spilled milk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom