a belated, second-hand FF story | Syracusefan.com

a belated, second-hand FF story

stuckinbig11

All American
from one of our former grad students who is a huge SU bball fan that accompanied me to a couple games in the past. He now works for EPA in Atlanta and got FF tickets long before the tournament for himself and another former Brockport student (Will). Here is an excerpt from his email to me:

"We did meet Derrick Coleman at the Park Bar but didn't see any other players. It was a two story bar, and we were mainly upstairs, so there possibly could have been some others on the first floor that we missed, but it was incredibly crowded.

Will and I did, however, randomly meet Matt Tomaszewski and one of the "student team managers" on the team this season. We were standing in line for BBQ at this famous place in Atlanta called Fatt Matt's BBQ. It was Sunday evening, and we were wearing Syracuse shirts and hats when these guys pile out of their SUV with drinks in hand and rush over to us and say "Hey let's go Orange!" Matt introduced himself to us and Will said "oh yeah... you're the transfer from Tampa." It didn't hurt his ego, and we talked with them in line while waiting to order. They ordered ahead of us and bought three pitchers of beer and said "you guys are sitting with us, right?' So we had to sit with them. It was really great getting to talk with them, particularly with the "team manager." He was a motormouth and just wanted to talk about Syracuse basketball, which didn't bother me. He was saying how the Southerland suspension this year was all BS and that the NCAA was just trying to dig something up. Also talked a little bit about some of the upcoming recruits and said he is looking forward to seeing Ennis and Gbinje (who said the Duke atmosphere at Cameron isn't that great) is going to be amazing. He also had a funny anecdote about Jerami Grant watching his brother tear it up in that 5 OT game against Louisville. The team was watching the game together and started to freak out when Notre Dame and Jerami's brother started to gain momentum in the final few minutes. Jerami just sat there with his arms crossed. They asked him if he was excited to see his brother go on a run like that and he said very calmly "he did alright." Can't wait to see Jerami get more playing time next season. Then Matt challenged Will to a chugging contest. I would have bet money Will would smoke him but surprisingly the Transfer won by half a second. Will just underestimated the Transfer."

The student managers from this year's team were not in Atlanta on Sunday night. They flew back to Syracuse with the team on Sunday morning.

Will and I did, however, randomly meet Matt Tomaszewski and one of the "student team managers" on the team this season.

Matt Tomaszeski, the former walk-on, graduated last year so it may have been a prior years manager that Doug met.

from one of our former grad students who is a huge SU bball fan that accompanied me to a couple games in the past. He now works for EPA in Atlanta and got FF tickets long before the tournament for himself and another former Brockport student (Will). Here is an excerpt from his email to me:

"We did meet Derrick Coleman at the Park Bar but didn't see any other players. It was a two story bar, and we were mainly upstairs, so there possibly could have been some others on the first floor that we missed, but it was incredibly crowded.

Will and I did, however, randomly meet Matt Tomaszewski and one of the "student team managers" on the team this season. We were standing in line for BBQ at this famous place in Atlanta called Fatt Matt's BBQ. It was Sunday evening, and we were wearing Syracuse shirts and hats when these guys pile out of their SUV with drinks in hand and rush over to us and say "Hey let's go Orange!" Matt introduced himself to us and Will said "oh yeah... you're the transfer from Tampa." It didn't hurt his ego, and we talked with them in line while waiting to order. They ordered ahead of us and bought three pitchers of beer and said "you guys are sitting with us, right?' So we had to sit with them. It was really great getting to talk with them, particularly with the "team manager." He was a motormouth and just wanted to talk about Syracuse basketball, which didn't bother me. He was saying how the Southerland suspension this year was all BS and that the NCAA was just trying to dig something up. Also talked a little bit about some of the upcoming recruits and said he is looking forward to seeing Ennis and Gbinje (who said the Duke atmosphere at Cameron isn't that great) is going to be amazing. He also had a funny anecdote about Jerami Grant watching his brother tear it up in that 5 OT game against Louisville. The team was watching the game together and started to freak out when Notre Dame and Jerami's brother started to gain momentum in the final few minutes. Jerami just sat there with his arms crossed. They asked him if he was excited to see his brother go on a run like that and he said very calmly "he did alright." Can't wait to see Jerami get more playing time next season. Then Matt challenged Will to a chugging contest. I would have bet money Will would smoke him but surprisingly the Transfer won by half a second. Will just underestimated the Transfer."

Nice post, esp. about Ennis and Mike G since I assume, from them singling the two out, they think they will both be very good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom