A big advantage Saturday | Syracusefan.com

A big advantage Saturday

F me I hate Pitt. I just know some insane BS is going to transpire in that game.

Boy oh boy do I resent the Pete and those hopeless wretched souls that inhabit it.

So, you want them to have some hope? A spark? Not me. I hope they lose and lose all desire to play going forward.

I just hate playing team on losing streaks, the whole law of average thing.

The line will open around Pick Em.

Ride Syracuse again like last night.

This is why it drives me crazy when someone (i.e. a sports talking head) says "It's so hard to beat another team three times in one season."
But, in fact, you are beating the same team once on three different occasions. After you've beaten them twice, you only have to do it once more.

I probably have the gambler fallacy the other way. If a team has beaten you twice already, I find them more likely to beat you again.

One year I went with that philosophy in all first round conference tourney games (small bets) but I made a nice profit. Probably more luck then anything.

Looks like Pitt will be on a whopping 1 game winning streak come Saturday.

Saw something on Facebook about the SU sending some busses of students to the game. Not sure if it's true or not.

Jamel Artis twisted his ankle on the first play of the game last night. This could affect him on Saturday. Ryan Luther is also out for Saturdays game.

Attendance down at Pitt basketball games, but the Panthers aren't alone

This article is from the middle of December. Since it was written, Pitt has lost 9 ACC games. This will not be the usual Peterson Event Center, the place will likely be half empty.. The early start helps as well. Great opportunity for the team to steal another road victory.

I was at the Pittsburgh - Miami game on a Saturday and it felt like a Library. Half the arena was empty