A look at this years top incoming frosh | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A look at this years top incoming frosh

Yep...if the Chinese league (and subsequently the Euro leagues) start dishing out 1 year, 1 million dollar contracts on the norm...I think we will start seeing some reactions, real fast, from all sides (NCAA, NBA, Players)

Yep...if the Chinese league (and subsequently the Euro leagues) start dishing out 1 year, 1 million dollar contracts on the norm...I think we will start seeing some reactions, real fast, from all sides (NCAA, NBA, Players)
I am not sure what the NCAA might be able to do. The current situation wasn't the result of anything they did. It's all on the NBA and the NBA Players Association. If Mudiay is successful in China, and becomes a lottery pick in the 2016 draft, then others are going to follow suit. I imagine a lot of the "one & done's" would prefer to be paid a seven figure salary for a year than go to class for a year. Furthermore, I suspect it could be a very good thing for college basketball. (It's going to make basketball recruiting very similar to baseball recruiting.) Personally, I like parity.

Can the NBA even do anything right now? The CBA doesn't expire until 2017.

Silver is on record saying he wants to raise the draft requirement to two years out of hs. Someone in ESPN Mag suggested that the intent is not to make players go to college for 2 years, but rather to enhance the D-League so it's more viable for their upcoming tv negotiations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom