A lot at stake this weekend... | Syracusefan.com

A lot at stake this weekend...

wvlax

2nd String
Pretty simple, Syracuse wins the ACC tournament and they can sew up a number 1 seed (assuming they beat Colgate). However, a potential nightmare scenario occurs if Syracuse loses to Carolina on Friday and Duke ends up winning the tournament. (A very real possibility in my view).Suddenly Syracuse drops to 5 or maybe a 6 seed and gets shipped off to the Denver side of the bracket where they could possibly face the Pioneers in the quarters.

Pretty simple, Syracuse wins the ACC tournament and they can sew up a number 1 seed (assuming they beat Colgate). However, a potential nightmare scenario occurs if Syracuse loses to Carolina on Friday and Duke ends up winning the tournament. (A very real possibility in my view).Suddenly Syracuse drops to 5 or maybe a 6 seed and gets shipped off to the Denver side of the bracket where they could possibly face the Pioneers in the quarters.
Don't see us dropping that far in your scenario. All our losses would be to Top 2 (or at worst, Top 3 or Top 4) teams. And with only 3 losses, and a dominating win over the ACC champion, IMO there's no way we drop that low.

Don't see us dropping that far in your scenario. All our losses would be to Top 2 (or at worst, Top 3 or Top 4) teams. And with only 3 losses, and a dominating win over the ACC champion, IMO there's no way we drop that low.

They may not in fact drop that low in said "nightmare scenario" but by dropping to lower seed (even by one from a current projected 3 seed to a 4) there's a greater risk of playing Denver @Denver in the quarterfinals.

One thing to keep an eye on if Syracuse has a good run in the Acc tourney is who SU could draw as a 1 or 2 seed. I hate to say it but Bryant appears to be coming on. Offensively there a mess this year but there defense seems to have turned it around holding Albany to 10 goals last week and Browns high flying offense to 9 tonight. They did lose both games but I fear the NEC is so weak they will once again win the conference tournament. Root like hell for St . joe's or Hobart or even there play in opponent if they get that far

JeremyCuse said:
One thing to keep an eye on if Syracuse has a good run in the Acc tourney is who SU could draw as a 1 or 2 seed. I hate to say it but Bryant appears to be coming on. Offensively there a mess this year but there defense seems to have turned it around holding Albany to 10 goals last week and Browns high flying offense to 9 tonight. They did lose both games but I fear the NEC is so weak they will once again win the conference tournament. Root like hell for St . joe's or Hobart or even there play in opponent if they get that far

Bryant won't dominate us at the X like they have in the past.

That was huge.

Bryant won't dominate us at the X like they have in the past.

That was huge.

Agreed but that was more of a reason the first match up was so close for 3+ quarters 2 years ago. Last year Daddio while far from good was light years better then 2 years ago. The reason we lost was our terrible offensive performance against their zone defense. With this teams weakness being outside shooting it could be A nightmare game.