A non-judgmental analysis of Judah's performance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

A non-judgmental analysis of Judah's performance

Also, the next time one of our guys drives, jump stops because it’s crowded, pivots, and kicks out and maybe back to someone who otherwise wouldn’t have been in the line of sight, will be the first. Nova’s guards under Wright KILLED with fundamental stuff like that.

In other words, can we offer all the money we can possibly offer to Jay Wright? Please?
Yes, often times our guys look lost when their dribble drive gets stopped in the paint.

“We weren’t expecting this to be a win”

Please lord, I can handle pretty much anything else on this board, but if I read that we “weren’t expecting a win” one more time, I’ll freak out.

I don’t care how bad Syracuse is, I expect to win every game. That’s the point. The idea that we don’t expect to win against Miami, MIAMI!, says it all. Miami isn’t a good team. We expected to lose?!?! What is this, Kentucky 1996?!? Holy crap, enough with this already. Miami is mediocre at best, which says a lot about who we are.

But, please…please, please, please, do not say, as a Syracuse fan, that we “expected” to lose a game, so we should be fine and dandy with a loss. Personally, as a Syracuse fan, that makes me want to puke.

I know all about the realities of our situation. It ain’t pretty. But, please, I beg you, please don’t anybody tell us that Syracuse Basketball should “expect” to lose, so “shrug”.
We were 7.5 point underdogs.
On 1 day rest where we had to travel on that one day of rest while our opponent was at home.
Miami was 10-0 at home this season.

Yeah, I didn’t expect to win this game. I am not expecting a young team that got blown out in our other road game against a good team to be able to win.
We played really well. I am not upset when I can look at the big picture. I want Coach Boeheim to retire because I want real expectations again but I see it for what it is until Coach retires all we can do is hope rather than expect. I wasn’t expecting this to be a win. So yeah sorry you don’t want to hear but against any decent team on the road while Coach Boeheim is the HC I will expect a loss and be pleasantly surprised if he win.

Last edited:
Yes, often times our guys look lost when their dribble drive gets stopped in the paint.
Yup. It’s get to the hoop or pass to who is in front of you.

Those Nova pitbull guards were so good at getting under control, and finding a shooter after penetrating.

I think Mintz saw how soft the fouls were on us when Miami took it to the basket, he drew similar contact, and the refs didn't blow the whistle.
The 1 on 2 being a prime example. It wasn't a bad shot because he had all but one defender beat.

Judah had his worst game tonite. He pressed to hard to get his offense. Ive never seen him play stressed for a majority of the game like tonite. Even ball pressure bothered him more than I can remember.

He's played so well this year and that magnified the poor performance tonite.

Ultimately, Coach stayed with him so in my eyes its on the Coach. I thought it was obvious he needed to be on the bench late in the game. He just didn't have it tonite.

We played well enough to win despite Judah.

The coaching sucked. Judah should not have been in. Or they should at least know what the hell to do in a last possession scenario.

We were 7.5 point underdogs.
On 1 day rest where we had to travel on that one day of rest while our opponent was at home.
Miami was 10-0 at home this season.

Yeah, I didn’t expect to win this game. I am not expecting a young team that got blown out in our other road game against a good team to be able to win.
We played really well. I am not upset when I can look at the big picture. I want Coach Boeheim to retire because I want real expectations again but I see it for what it is until Coach retires all we can do is hope rather than expect. I wasn’t expecting this to be a win. So yeah sorry you don’t want to hear but against any decent team on the road while Coach Boeheim is the HC I will expect a loss and be pleasantly surprised if he win.
That is a rational post and you’re right. That’s what’s so frustrating.

Kids a Freshman. Mistakes happen. It’s why teams built mostly on young freshman players generally tend to struggle. He will come back stronger, learning moment for him.
Getting closer to sophomore at this point

The kid has that drive to win and a huge heart to go with it but needs to realize it’s a team game. Use your teammates at the end of the game. Like Allen Iverson ball from him tonight although obviously not at that level. Maybe he wanted to be the hero but young kids do. He needs to realize that when they move the ball, everyone will get to be the hero at some point and we win. That will get him more love from the fans and community than any one game winning shot

He’s a good kid and I’m sure will bounce back. Hopefully next game he plays like he did against ND. Tonight was obviously bad, but time to move on.
Not piling on, but can you change the thread title or does that need to be a mod? Maybe I'm just a softy though...

He’s a good kid and I’m sure will bounce back. Hopefully next game he plays like he did against ND. Tonight was obviously bad, but time to move on.
Edit this damn thread title. It’s wrong and you can do it.

Game’s over. Time to move on. Eat some Mario and Salvo’s, get some sleep, and come back strong tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom