A possible bit of good news? | Syracusefan.com

A possible bit of good news?

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Related to APR. A professor I know at SU says he thinks Ennis has been going to classes still. Maybe not every class of every subject but enough to finish the semester in good standing.

Others have said he has been in a specific class. Maybe he knows just what he needs for this semester and has bagged a class but not every class?

JarHeadJim said:
Is Grant in his classes?

He didn't know.

I know he's been missing one class regularly. Can't speak for the others.

I know he's been missing one class regularly. Can't speak for the others.

If it's Stats or Economics, that doesn't necessarily mean anything ... :)

Is Grant in his classes?
A few days after the Dayton game, Grant tweeted about a survey that people should fill out to help his class project.

A few days after the Dayton game, Grant tweeted about a survey that people should fill out to help his class project.
He (Tyler) has been missing an elective class since last Wednesday, I know for fact that the Wednesday class before announced was mandatory.

There is long thread somewhere else where people don't understand what a big deal this is. As it is, Ennis will go down as a minor footnote in SU basketball history, if he bails on his classes he goes down as a complete jackass who did more harm to the program than he ever did good. I would guess 80% of the people on this board don't understand the APR system and think that opinion is sour grapes over him leaving early. It's frustrating to have to argue with those people.

There is long thread somewhere else where people don't understand what a big deal this is. As it is, Ennis will go down as a minor footnote in SU basketball history, if he bails on his classes he goes down as a complete jackass who did more harm to the program than he ever did good. I would guess 80% of the people on this board don't understand the APR system and think that opinion is sour grapes over him leaving early. It's frustrating to have to argue with those people.

But until the semester is done we really have no idea whether he is fulfilling his responsibilities or not. If a class doesn't have a mandatory attendance requirement, then he doesn't have to be there to end up passing it. If it does, it's always possible he's gone to the professor and worked something out because of other commitments he may have. I think that any information we are getting at this point other than he is definitely in class is unreliable unless its coming from the professor.

If he cause an APR failure then SU should honor him with hanging his jersey in the Dome followed immediately with removing his jersey from the Dome.

If he cause an APR failure then SU should honor him with hanging his jersey in the Dome followed immediately with removing his jersey from the Dome.
They'd F em both up.

Don't really want to go through that.

Bees I can confirm getting the same info. I also have a friend who is an adjunct at SU who has said something similar. Hopefully that means he is def going to leave in good standing. He didnt have any comment on Jerami.

Last edited:
The really good news is that we can choose to take 3 years of APR penalty next season with all the open scholarships!

I can't imagine Tyler not leaving in good standing. Everybody knows the deal now and the coaches/staff will put it in their heads how important it is to complete at least minimal work to leave in good standing for the future of the program. There could be agreements with professors etc about completing work outside of class for particular classes like happens during the season etc where missing classes for a particular period of time is acceptable. It is impossible to determine what's going on by seeing someone in class or not. If it's a lecture class maybe they are in a different seat location or if small group recitation maybe they switched times. There are so many explanations out there and we have to remember that these kids bleed Orange and will for the rest of their lives so they want what's best for the program going forward (despite possibly leaving and making weaker in the near future :() Obviously there will be exceptions who don't leave on good terms or don't care much about the program, but I'd like to think that these 2 particular this year aren't that type.

The really good news is that we can choose to take 3 years of APR penalty next season with all the open scholarships!
Yeah but we won't be able to go to theNIT or CBI

It is amazing that the program can be judged and impacted by something that they have absolutely no control or influence over. If Ennis thinks he is slipping in the draft projections, packs up and moves somewhere to train full time, there is nothing that JB or SU can do, and that action doesn't say anything about the program's commitment to academics.

Related to APR. A professor I know at SU says he thinks Ennis has been going to classes still. Maybe not every class of every subject but enough to finish the semester in good standing.

Others have said he has been in a specific class. Maybe he knows just what he needs for this semester and has bagged a class but not every class?
Honestly, if this is your "bit of good news" then we are really stretching for good news lately.

OrlandoCuse said:
Honestly, if this is your "bit of good news" then we are really stretching for good news lately.

He said possible bit.

It's like getting a beer just after halftime.

My son takes a Philosophy class with Ennis and hasn't seen him lately but said it is an easy class where you could still get a decent grade without going to every class.

You'd rather take the apr hit? There's been 99 posts lamenting him bagging classes, so I take it as good news. Is prefer not to lose scholies or be ineligible for the ncaa's. But maybe that's just me.

You'd rather take the apr hit? There's been 99 posts lamenting him bagging classes, so I take it as good news. Is prefer not to lose scholies or be ineligible for the ncaa's. But maybe that's just me.
No I don't want an APR hit. Just pointing out that when a kid going to class is "good news" then we are really stretching on the good news front lately.

I bet the Kentucky kids are still going to class

Sad when you have to start hoping about this 'sheet'. Kinda a reflection on who recruits him imho. (Win at all costs)

If he did enough last summer/fall, he'd probably only need to earn 6 credits this semester (same w/Grant if he did the work up until this point). It's also realistic that an instructor would be willing to work with a student if they wanted to finish and needed some flexibility to do so.

APR is pretty easy to hit for 1 and dones - which is why Kentucky maintains such high scores, and why using APR to suspend schools from post-season is another ridiculous NCAA rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom