A sign of rapid MLS growth | Syracusefan.com

A sign of rapid MLS growth

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
In 2005 when my son and I started following the then Metrostars, Playoff games would often draw 7 to 9 k fans if that. Nobody cared. RBNY playoff game against New England sold out 5 days before kick off ( 25 k plus ). Extremely encouraging news for people that want the sport to continue to grow in the US. My son and I will travel to the away leg at Gillette, I would expect they will be over 20 k as well. Was hoping to make it a SU vs BC double header but the times didn't work out.

In 2005 when my son and I started following the then Metrostars, Playoff games would often draw 7 to 9 k fans if that. Nobody cared. RBNY playoff game against New England sold out 5 days before kick off ( 25 k plus ). Extremely encouraging news for people that want the sport to continue to grow in the US. My son and I will travel to the away leg at Gillette, I would expect they will be over 20 k as well. Was hoping to make it a SU vs BC double header but the times didn't work out.

Davies with a brace. Is he anywhere close to the player he was before the accident?

Yesterday was a blast at Gillette. Got a chance to sit in the traveling fans section courtesy of bnoro. Awesome game that deserved extra time.
image.jpg

I was there as well with the ESC

It's a shame MLS insists on this schedule.
I had to chose between Sunday Night Football and that Sea/Galaxy game last night.
If it was basically anything other than NFL, I would have definitely watched that game
Why they insist on running against NFL is beyond me.

djcon57 said:
It's a shame MLS insists on this schedule.
I had to chose between Sunday Night Football and that Sea/Galaxy game last night.
If it was basically anything other than NFL, I would have definitely watched that game
Why they insist on running against NFL is beyond me.

Agreed! Today, it's at 3:00?!

How does that make sense

Not a great game by any sense, Keane and LD were not clicking like normal. But a great win for LA. Jones has no class, blaming ref for loss. I have no idea what game he was watching.