A timely trip down Memory Lane ... | Syracusefan.com

A timely trip down Memory Lane ...

david-bowie-ziggy-stardust-spiders.jpg

So where were these richmond spiders
While the refs tried to break our balls?

The Princeton win was a thing of beauty. Game plan was flawless and UCLA (with far superior athletes) couldn’t adjust to the back door. Carill was a crusty, likable genius. If I recall, Princeton’s center became a good major league pitcher (Chris Young). They almost did it again the year before or after... against Georgetown if I recall correctly.

The Princeton win was a thing of beauty. Game plan was flawless and UCLA (with far superior athletes) couldn’t adjust to the back door. Carill was a crusty, likable genius. If I recall, Princeton’s center became a good major league pitcher (Chris Young). They almost did it again the year before or after... against Georgetown if I recall correctly.
UCLA-Princeton was 96.

Georgetown (a 1 point win, IIRC), was 1989, I believe.

Edit: Yes, 89. Gtown won 50-49.

Chris Young played two seasons at Princeton before his professional baseball career commenced. His Tigers did beat Georgetown, but it came in the (postseason) NIT. He never played in the NCAAs.

Chris Young did have a fine career as a MLB pitcher. Had his choice this winter of GM jobs with the Rangers or Mets and took the Rangers job. He is very smart and very highly regarded. Look for Texas to get a lot better in the next few years.

I was there in College Park. Think we made a turnover on the opening tap and went downhill from there. Could not watch another game live for about 10 years.

I would have been 15. I think it was the last time I cried after a sporting event. I was sure we would win the title that year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom