?about Perry and Marona | Syracusefan.com

?about Perry and Marona

CaliCuse

All American
When do these two sign their official LOI? Why not when they were here and said "yes?" Is there another process involved that I'm totally unaware of?:noidea:

I don't believe kids are allowed to sign a LOI on campus nor announce their choice on campus.

I don't believe kids are allowed to sign a LOI on campus nor announce their choice on campus.
This is the rule on that one...

Is it permissible to receive a National Letter of Intent while on campus for an official visit? Yes. While under the terms of the National Letter of Intent program a coach or institutional representative may not hand-deliver a National Letter of Intent off-campus, there is nothing that precludes you from receiving a National Letter of Intent while you are on campus for an official visit. Please remember that you can only sign a National Letter of Intent during a permissible signing period.

So, I believe as long as you are 18, or with your parent or guardian during the visit, you could sign, unless I am mistaken. Anotherwords, if this is true as written, why didn't they sign? I believe the signing period is permissible.

A kid has to have his parent sign unless he is 21 y/o or older.

You are correct...

If I do not live with a parent or legal guardian, is it necessary that a parent or legal guardian sign the National Letter of Intent? If you are under the age of 21, your parent or legal guardian must sign the National Letter of Intent in order for it to be considered valid. If you are 21 years of age or older, it is not necessary for your parent or legal guardian to sign the document.

which is plain stupid and contradictory to every state's contract law - even Louisiana's.

I believe that. Why make things convenient for everyone. I presume that eliminates the pressure of the moment and threats of the spot going elsewhere Face to face confrontation.Non binding verbals are OK. So :noidea: when do they sign their contracts? Its should be soon . In fairness to the school if there are other candidates that could be offered ,the school needs to know their and the others 'standing in these matters.

I believe that. Why make things convenient for everyone. I presume that eliminates the pressure of the moment and threats of the spot going elsewhere Face to face confrontation.Non binding verbals are OK. So :noidea: when do they sign their contracts? Its should be soon . In fairness to the school if there are other candidates that could be offered ,the school needs to know their and the others 'standing in these matters.
because kids can't be trusted to make a correct decision when coaches are swarming like used car salesmen to get a signature. that would be the absolute worst thing you could change if you are the NCAA...

because kids can't be trusted to make a correct decision when coaches are swarming like used car salesmen to get a signature. that would be the absolute worst thing you could change if you are the NCAA...
So, what I get out of all this is nothing is "official" until the fat lady sings! (From Alabama no less)

In the world of contracts minors are considered individuals under 18 and once you become 18 you don't need a guardian's permission and you have formal capacity to enter into a contract. I think the NCAA should only require a parent/guardian's signature unless your under 18, and once you turn 18 it should be just the athlete's signature.

In the world of contracts minors are considered individuals under 18 and once you become 18 you don't need a guardian's permission and you have formal capacity to enter into a contract. I think the NCAA should only require a parent/guardian's signature unless your under 18, and once you turn 18 it should be just the athlete's signature.

Where the NCAA has an advantage is they are establishing a rule for what is required to be eligible to participate in their private organization of which all the recruiting schools are members and that's what drives this even though the LOI might be considered by some as a contract. If members don't comply to the organization rule the NCAA could say to the school "sure you can give the kid a scholarship but he's not playing for you on gameday, oh and here's a violation you aren't eligible for bowls this year or any year this kid is on scholarship for you"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom