About Predicting Gbinije and Cooney | Syracusefan.com

About Predicting Gbinije and Cooney

T

tee1222

Reminds me of a great line in an even greater movie.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.""

bill_murray-stripes1981-1040.jpg

bill_murray-stripes1981-2210.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep humming "do wah diddy diddy dum do" now. Arrrgh!

Anyone who thought Mike G should have played ahead of Trevor is a fargin icehole
Because of one game against Cornell?

Silent G has ACC experience, though limited, Cooney does not.

I'll start seeing and believing by the time conference play rolls around.

Last night was great, but we've seen players spark for one game before, then die out. I wish him the best of luck,.

Last night was great, but we've seen players spark for one game before, then die out. I wish him the best of luck,.
Uh...and Trevor has Big East experience. Trevor has played against Louisville, Pitt, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Marquette, and also teams like Michigan and Indiana.

So what's your point?

Uh...and Trevor has Big East experience. Trevor has played against Louisville, Pitt, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Marquette, and also teams like Michigan and Indiana.

So what's your point?

ACC is a different league, with a different culture and style. If you think we'll be able to play physical bigeast basketball in the ACC, prepare for a lot of whistles.

Also, the closest we've experienced to a road game like Cameron is the Zoo.

I'm not saying Trevor won't be successful in the ACC, I think he very well could be. I'm just saying that Silent G has some pro's that we've yet to discover or witness.

extremely limited, like walk-on limited:

GT, Virginia - DNP
Clemson - 4 min
WF - 6 min
FSU,Maryland, UNC, VT, Miami - DNP
Maryland - 1 min
NC St - 1 min
BC - 6 min
FSU - 1 min
VT - DNP
WF - 1 min
UNC - 1 min
VT/FSU - DNP

so he played 21 minutes in 18 games

extremely limited, like walk-on limited:

GT, Virginia - DNP
Clemson - 4 min
WF - 6 min
FSU,Maryland, UNC, VT, Miami - DNP
Maryland - 1 min
NC St - 1 min
BC - 6 min
FSU - 1 min
VT - DNP
WF - 1 min
UNC - 1 min
VT/FSU - DNP

so he played 21 minutes in 18 games

He knows Cameron, that's what I value most.

and probably 19 of those minutes were in complete garbage time

like how to get there?

More than anyone else on the team knows.

And no, the atmosphere, Coach K, some of the players etc.

I would give Cooney a slight edge in the experience department and a slight edge because he isn't learning a new position.

We need both of them though and I thought they both looked pretty good against Cornell, and that is even if you ignore Cooney's good shooting night because he won't be 7-8 every night.

ACC is a different league, with a different culture and style. If you think we'll be able to play physical bigeast basketball in the ACC, prepare for a lot of whistles.

Also, the closest we've experienced to a road game like Cameron is the Zoo.

I'm not saying Trevor won't be successful in the ACC, I think he very well could be. I'm just saying that Silent G has some pro's that we've yet to discover or witness.
MG has never played a road game at Duke either

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

In my opinion, we looked our best when both Cooney and Silent G were on the court together...our freshman point guard looked a little shaky...so who is better dosnt' mean squat...they will both play a lot.

Last edited:
In my opinion, we looked our best when both Cooney and Silent G were on the court together...our freshman point guard looked a little shaky...so who is better dosnt' mean squat...they will both play a lot.

Just don't tell the board that. They might call you, crazy because we need Ennis' ballhandling and without it are doomed ;). Trust me I know this first hand :p.

I did a post on this a week ago saying start gbinije because you won't get a ton offensive out of him and he doesn't really bring 6th man energy offensively or defensively off the bench like Ennis and Cooney can. In fairness, I don't have a good eye on ball handling bringing the ball up as others do, people are really concerned about it and I can see why. I do have a good eye for who makes a difference in the halfcourt though, and Ennis and Cooney will do more of that then Gbinije, although Gbinije could be the offensive equivilent of Bayes defensive hustle and iq on the offensive end of the court without the ball if he wants it bad enough. And that would be OverExceeding .

Gbinije was a give me the ball guy in highschool hes just now learning to do things more the hard way and less in isolation and I give him credit. He can wait more to his jr/senior years to do more one on one. I don't mind 4-5 drives/pullup threes a game, but he had his whole game evolving around it preseason.

Ennis was driving from the left side of the court alot last game, he can finish with a left hand layup and its only a matter of time to he makes those left hand floaters. Ennis is a guy who lead team canadas Jr. National team, that is something freshmen can't do unless they are the read deal. He just had a bad day with his floaters in the lane which is good strategy from the coaches because he won't be getting things in isolation in the low post at this level as much as he hopes, he needs mid post scoring.

You know whats really scary though, CJ, Jerami, Cooney and Ennis have potential to be the best four players on the court at some points even during acc play, and Rak could be the best big out there that night, with Keita being the best defender that game as well. This team has serious, serious, potential.

I don't think this statement applies that much to us as I don't believe JB will have any problems adjusting the team to the way the ACC plays, just like how he had to adjust to the crap the Big East turned into over the last few seasons. This statement is something Dixon and Pitt need to be aware of (but hopefully will not).

Just don't tell the board that. They might call you, crazy because we need Ennis' ballhandling and without it are doomed ;). Trust me I know this first hand :p.

I did a post on this a week ago saying start gbinije because you won't get a ton offensive out of him and he doesn't really bring 6th man energy offensively or defensively off the bench like Ennis and Cooney can. In fairness, I don't have a good eye on ball handling bringing the ball up as others do, people are really concerned about it and I can see why. I do have a good eye for who makes a difference in the halfcourt though, and Ennis and Cooney will do more of that then Gbinije, although Gbinije could be the offensive equivilent of Bayes defensive hustle and iq on the offensive end of the court without the ball if he wants it bad enough. And that would be OverExceeding .

Gbinije was a give me the ball guy in highschool hes just now learning to do things more the hard way and less in isolation and I give him credit. He can wait more to his jr/senior years to do more one on one. I don't mind 4-5 drives/pullup threes a game, but he had his whole game evolving around it preseason.

Ennis was driving from the left side of the court alot last game, he can finish with a left hand layup and its only a matter of time to he makes those left hand floaters. Ennis is a guy who lead team canadas Jr. National team, that is something freshmen can't do unless they are the read deal. He just had a bad day with his floaters in the lane which is good strategy from the coaches because he won't be getting things in isolation in the low post at this level as much as he hopes, he needs mid post scoring.

You know whats really scary though, CJ, Jerami, Cooney and Ennis have potential to be the best four players on the court at some points even during acc play, and Rak could be the best big out there that night, with Keita being the best defender that game as well. This team has serious, serious, potential.

He didn't say something stupid like take Ennis out of the starting lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom