ACC 20 Game League Schedule? | Syracusefan.com

ACC 20 Game League Schedule?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
A few are thinking that...makes sense with ACC Network rumors.

H/T: Cuseroc

Last edited:
A few are thinking that...makes sense with ACC Network rumors.

interesting. where'd you see that?

it makes sense.

when confs had 9 teams they played 16 games.

they only added 2 more after adding 5 or 6 teams.

if conferences are a true conference then they should play as many conference games as possible.

10 & 10 makes total sense and should be donel.

the ACC would be able to play everyone 2x a year at least 1x, in a 3 year rotation.

Two more "high profile" conference games means two less "high profile" OOC games.

OrangeXtreme said:
Two more "high profile" conference games means two less "high profile" OOC games.

Yup, might mean an end to the St. John's series.

Or Georgetown.

Yup, might mean an end to the St. John's series.

Or Georgetown.
no need to play them every year anyway.

JB/hop will always find a way to play NYC 1x or 2x.

and with 20, there is a higher probability of getting dook and unc in the Dome every year.

its 2 games people, not 8.

It's a great idea for the ACC IMO. Makes it more of an exclusive conference. It's a good selling point to recruits, and gives you advantages over schools like UCONN...

It's a great idea for the ACC IMO. Makes it more of an exclusive conference. It's a good selling point to recruits, and gives you advantages over schools like UCONN...

Never...ever...never...capitalize uconn...I think Marsh01 would agree...

GOOD!

Those non-Conference games are almost meaningless anyway.

Conference games count.

Everybody likes to recall the good old days of the Big East. Well, that was a true round robin conference.

Games against GU and SJC are money grabs for the Nostalgia crowd anyway.

A remedy might be to play the ACC games and show old reruns of SU vs. GU with Patrick Ewing on another channel.

Townie72 said:
GOOD! Those non-Conference games are almost meaningless anyway. Conference games count. Everybody likes to recall the good old days of the Big East. Well, that was a true round robin conference. Games against GU and SJC are money grabs for the Nostalgia crowd anyway. A remedy might be to play the ACC games and show old reruns of SU vs. GU with Patrick Ewing on another channel.

Why are they meaningless?

They count just as much as a conference game, perhaps more so if that team is having a good year.

What if those extra games are against, say, Wake Forest and Virginia Tech?

Or someone similar?

No guarantee they'll be marquee matchups.

GOOD!

Those non-Conference games are almost meaningless anyway.

Conference games count.

Everybody likes to recall the good old days of the Big East. Well, that was a true round robin conference.

Games against GU and SJC are money grabs for the Nostalgia crowd anyway.

A remedy might be to play the ACC games and show old reruns of SU vs. GU with Patrick Ewing on another channel.

I don't know if I agree. For some reason, if you played say the RPI #20 team in a non conference game, it counts more than playing the #10 RPI team in a conference game, at least perception wise. Because the conference games aren't "your choice" and you aren't going out of your way to "challenge" yourself. This is what led to the pillorying of Syracuse for "not leaving NYS in November" or whatever. Nobody cared that we were playing 16 games, 8 of them road games against the toughest conference in the history of the sport.

I only like it if there is a set schedule. For instance you play every team once (14 games), two teams a second time every year (2 games), and then rotate the other 12 teams on a three year basis (4 games). What I wouldn't want to see is for those extra games to be made for TV decisions. If SU is playing UNC, Duke, Louisville, Pitt, BC, ND every year while VA Tech is playing Clemson, FSU, Miami, GA Tech, NC State, UVA every year then it is possible for SU be the better team but behind in the conference standings. Kind of like what happened this past year.

So I would like to see something like:

Every year 2x vs Pitt, BC
Year 1 2x vs Duke, Miami, ND, Wake
Year 2 2x vs UNC, UVA, NC State, VA Tech
Year 3 2x vs Louisville, FSU, GA Tech, Clemson

I only like it if there is a set schedule. For instance you play every team once (14 games), two teams a second time every year (2 games), and then rotate the other 12 teams on a three year basis (4 games). What I wouldn't want to see is for those extra games to be made for TV decisions. If SU is playing UNC, Duke, Louisville, Pitt, BC, ND every year while VA Tech is playing Clemson, FSU, Miami, GA Tech, NC State, UVA every year then it is possible for SU be the better team but behind in the conference standings. Kind of like what happened this past year.

So I would like to see something like:

Every year 2x vs Pitt, BC
Year 1 2x vs Duke, Miami, ND, Wake
Year 2 2x vs UNC, UVA, NC State, VA Tech
Year 3 2x vs Louisville, FSU, GA Tech, Clemson
I don't think we should rule out the possibility that the NCAA increases the number of games a team can play. There is so much money to be made that of course the NCAA wants their share of it. If that happens I would love to see a 21 game league schedule. That way we would be guaranteed to see each team at home every two years.

I don't think we should rule out the possibility that the NCAA increases the number of games a team can play. There is so much money to be made that of course the NCAA wants their share of it. If that happens I would love to see a 21 game league schedule. That way we would be guaranteed to see each team at home every two years.

And then we can complain every other year when we only get 10 ACC home games, while Duke, UNC, and Louisville get 11.

Two problems with that. First you don't want to have more games at home vs on the road, or vice versa. Second each team currently has two permanent rivals. That won't change. So if you wanted to play each team twice every other year, you would need to play 22 games.

Only if Mike Hopkins has the same proclivity for cupcakes that JB used to. It's not written into NCAA regulations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom