ACC 2015 FB Media Days 7/19-7/21 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ACC 2015 FB Media Days 7/19-7/21

Syracuse Football ‏@syrfootball 29m29 minutes ago
RT @d1scourse: Jimbo Fisher with the largest media crowd of the ACC Kickoff.

RT @d1scourse: Fisher: "There is no tolerance for hitting women. I'm not minimizing it."

RT @d1scourse: Fisher, re: bar ban: "We banned them from trying to put themselves in bad situations."

RT @d1scourse: Fisher: "You're judged on what you do, and we've had a couple incidents."

Syracuse Football ‏@syrfootball
Shafer: thinks the disparity in cost of attendance could be troubling related to recruiting.

Shafer: expectations and goals are a funny thing. More for the outsiders than insiders.

Shafer empathizes there's no set goal after missing the 8-win mark last year. It's about winning every day this year.

Shafer calls schedule “challenging.”

Shafer on Hunt: extremely passionate about game. Injuries reinforced his love of the game. Called him “reinvigorated.”

Shafer pleased with how staff has recruited over his head coaching tenure.

Shafer notes high GPAs on the team and freshmen especially. Mixed that into recruiting. It's clear the staff is targeting smarter guys.

Shafer on defense: it’s about attitude and effort. The faces and jersey numbers will be different but attitude will be the same.

Shafer on league’s mobile QBs: challenging for a defense to stop. He shares story of Bill Walsh endorsing QBs that can move chains with feet

Shafer on Lester: expectations will be do best job he can. Says every job Lester took, team broke records on offense.

Shafer notes that SU OC Tim Lester has broken records running offenses everywhere he's been. Not at Division I, but "football is football."

Shafer on Lester/SU's offense: "Now they're doing what they want to do."

Shafer drops “expressback” as moniker for hybrid back. Says community came up with name.

Shafer: “I think the program is at a place where I feel really good about.”

That’s all from Shafer in TV room. @MinkNate will have a periscope feed from writers’ room at 9:45 .

Last edited:
Yes!!! Shafe just totally dropped #eXpressback during his PC. LOL

Bam and I offered to do community service to the tune of 20 hours. Suggestions in Syracuse please :)

Maybe you could join Giudice, Clark and Ellison in feeding the hungry.

Hey, remember the year before that when we wore polos. Everyone wore jerseys, but us.
Let's hope the 3rd year is the charm in more ways than one! ;)