"ACC Area" | Syracusefan.com

"ACC Area"

shandeezy7

Living Legend
If I was playing a game last night where I took a shot every time LaPhonso Ellis said "ACC area," I would have died from alcohol poisoning by halftime. Give it a rest, man. It's overly repetitive and actually leads me to believe that you aren't very knowledgeable about the game, beyond a few manufactured talking points that you've burned into your brain.

If I was playing a game last night where I took a shot every time LaPhonso Ellis said "ACC area," I would have died from alcohol poisoning by halftime. Give it a rest, man. It's overly repetitive and actually leads me to believe that you aren't very knowledgeable about the game, beyond a few manufactured talking points that you've burned into your brain.
LaPhonso is probably the only college basketball analyst I truly like.

You offbase meng

Marek is the key to the offense against Duke

Let me clarify - I think LaPhonso is knowledgeable and a good dude. My point was that he hammers the "ACC area" thing to the point where it becomes cliche and you would think that it's the only thing that he knows to talk about in regards to zone defense. Everyone knows that a key to beating a zone is to get the ball to the middle. You don't need to say it 57 times a game.

Let me clarify - I think LaPhonso is knowledgeable and a good dude. My point was that he hammers the "ACC area" thing to the point where it becomes cliche and you would think that it's the only thing that he knows to talk about in regards to zone defense. Everyone knows that a key to beating a zone is to get the ball to the middle. You don't need to say it 57 times a game.
I have said it for years.
He is a fun announcer and doesn’t take the game too serious while being entertaining.
He just hammers the point to stop our zone get the ball to the ACC area.
I copyrighted the phrase for him last year.

I usually really like him but thought he was off last night. Maybe it was doing multiple games...or maybe it was just me.

I really liked his game as an NBA player. Seems like a good dude that enjoys calling games. That matters a lot to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom