ACC Network is terrible | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network is terrible

the ACC network is just locals that buy into it.. dont blame anyone but local tv that doesnt see any value. we have been lucky all along that stations like SNY broadcast games in areas that dont actually have rights too but no one complained other than TW.

My point is you can watch SU more easily in Macon than you can 50 miles from NYC.
The whole system is in chaos. Among the greedy corporate stakeholders likely responsible:

1. Raycom (which has a stranglehold on ACC 3'd party rights, which it sells off without proper consideration to SU fans. Example: it cheerfully sells SU game rights to MSG/Fox knowing that FOX doesn't have the capacity to broadcast SU games on a channel widely available in upstate NY);
2. MSG/Fox (which ays Raycom for SU game rights knowing it doesn't have room on MSG/MSG+ and then promptly relegates SU games to MSG+2 -- which it knows isn't widely available in upstate NY);
3. ESPN (holding us hostage to lousy online broadcasts; and allowing Raycom to have autocratic control over third party rights to SU games; which Raycom promptly peddles to corporate media interests that could care less about SU fans);
4. TWC (which advertises itself as the "home of SU BB" in NY but refuses to compete with MSG/Fox for SU game rights).

And it wouldn't hurt for the FCC to come up to the 21 century and widen the broadcast areas so games were more widely available.

the ACC network is just locals that buy into it.. dont blame anyone but local tv that doesnt see any value. we have been lucky all along that stations like SNY broadcast games in areas that dont actually have rights too but no one complained other than TW.
It's corporate media interests ... 3d party rights are controlled by Raycom through ESPN's contract with the ACC. Raycom is all too happy to peddle these rights to 3d party carriers for the most lucre --- regardless of the effect on ACC/SU fans ... are you paying attention, Mark?!!!! This needs to be fixed at the conference/ESPN level. Raycom's not a reliable 3d party purveyor anymore.

I know, I know...beating a dead horse.

But the Clemson game tomorrow night is available, for example, in Portland, Oregon, Fargo, North Dakota, and Macon, Georgia.

But it isn't available in many portions of New England and anyone who doesn't get WLNY in New Jersey.

Fortunately, I have Apple TV and ESPN3. But if you don't, you're SOOL.

To my knowledge, the Clemson game is scheduled to be broadcast free on theacc.com. Just click on the "live" tab on the upper right hand corner. They broadcast a lot of their "2nd tier" games there. I've watched the Miami game that way as well. It's a nice option to have!

For several years now, ESPN has been trying to force SU fans to get ESPN3 to drive up viewership.

cuseguy said:
For several years now, ESPN has been trying to force SU fans to get ESPN3 to drive up viewership.

I thought ESPN 3 just came with whatever sports package you got.

NKR1978 said:
I thought ESPN 3 just came with whatever sports package you got.

Not on my sports package or that of some others I know.

I can only get it through Apple TV.

cuseguy said:
Not on my sports package or that of some others I know.

I can only get it through Apple TV.

Its an internet channel. That's the only way anyone can get it. Though you can use a laptop or desktop or iPad or phone, etc.

I know, I know...beating a dead horse.

But the Clemson game tomorrow night is available, for example, in Portland, Oregon, Fargo, North Dakota, and Macon, Georgia.

But it isn't available in many portions of New England and anyone who doesn't get WLNY in New Jersey.

Fortunately, I have Apple TV and ESPN3. But if you don't, you're SOOL.
I can't watch it in Philly on Verizon, but I can get lots of games, like Tulsa vs. E. Carolina - oh boy!

Not finding it at all on direct or time warner in the finger lakes... Any help?

OburgOrange said:
Do you need a service provider for ESPN on AppleTv?

I have Comcast.

if only there was a school in the ACC with some alumni who something about broadcasting

...and the game is pretty easy to find on the interwebs

......and and NY pizza rules

OburgOrange said:
Basic cable service ?

I have Comcast Triple play.

ESPN3 comes through the Internet.

OburgOrange said:
Dude. Go to the game! You're right there. After all, you flew all the way to the Bahamas!

That was the plan. Had a great offer for a free ticket. Life happens quick tho. My fathers long time GF passed last night. She's been sick, which is why I came home in such a hurry. Gonna watch the game with him here in town. Should be at the UNC game tho.

That was the plan. Had a great offer for a free ticket. Life happens quick tho. My fathers long time GF passed last night. She's been sick, which is why I came home in such a hurry. Gonna watch the game with him here in town. Should be at the UNC game tho.
Sorry for your loss CuseTroop. Your dad must be devastated, even though it may not have been a surprise.

Geez. Sorry to hear. Condolences to your family

Condolences to you and your family

Condolences troop. Turned out to be the right drunken move after all. Nice you could be there for him.

Not finding it at all on direct or time warner in the finger lakes... Any help?

Again, if you have a computer, go to theacc.com and click on the "live" tab. I'm streaming there now. It's very good quality.

What's ironic about JB returning on Saturday? These announcers are awful.