ACC overrated? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC overrated?

Duke lost more games in conference than Florida State. What's that tell you?
I was gonna list VILLE and FSU in that group at the top, but a heslthy DUKE team is a tough out. They definitely have the most talented team, but UNC is just solid all around and the best dang rebounding team!

Virginia and Florida State are teams you knew would flame out early. They have that stigma and can't shake it.

Didn't realize they would flame out in 30 point 2nd Round blowout fashion. Even that surprised me.

Wake isn't good.

ND was disappointing.

Miami was another guaranteed early exit but they've been mediocre all year so it's not that surprising.

Just think the results so far makes JBs argument moot.
Yeah that's what I'm saying...the conference is deep, but not packed with all the top teams in the country. There are maybe only four that fit in that category.

Just think the results so far makes JBs argument moot.
I don't know if I'd call the conference overrated. I mean DUKE, UNC were pretty much at another level, but outside of BC, there aren't any terrible teams. Everyone else is good and can beat anyone at home. Case in point...us winning ten games...mostly at home!

But we had THREE top 10 wins! THREE top 10 wins!

FSU - whoops
UVA - whoops
Duke - ???

The big 3 could save the conference's bacon tomorrow.

But Tony Bennett sure as heck is overrated.

He might be a little but I think Florida beats them 7 or 8 times out of 10. Bad matchup. They are one of the better defensive teams in the country as well. They have so many quick guards, a good system, and some bigs who can play.

I'll never forget the Duke game this year when a Duke fan sitting behind me commented "That Roberson guy cannot EVER rebound at all"

I politely asked him who holds the rebounded record at Cameron.
In defense of the Duke fan (yikes!), y'all were taking about two different 'Robersons.'

You can't judge a conference by a one and done tournament. The year round grind of the acc is tougher than any other conference, period!

That said the acc is s&@tting the bed this year.
True but that's what SEC Football fans constantly say and it's getting annoying.

This is just a one year blip and who knows, maybe the 3 tomorrow all go to the F4 and the narrative flips, but you can't rep "best conference" all year and then do this in the tournament.

True but that's what SEC Football fans constantly say and it's getting annoying.

This is just a one year blip and who knows, maybe the 3 tomorrow all go to the F4 and the narrative flips, but you can't rep "best conference" all year and then do this in the tournament.
Yeah I hear ya, but I gotta say that besides our division in CFB, the sec is the best week in week out. The tournament is a different animal and you need to bring it every game. This year the acc hasn't.

Ahhh, this whole tourney sucks. Teams are mis-seeded creating weird match-ups all-around. What bozo was in charge of this crap?

That being said, ACC looks overrated for sure. I've only seen a few teams that have been all that impressive though.

Ahhh, this whole tourney sucks. Teams are mis-seeded creating weird match-ups all-around. What bozo was in charge of this crap?

That being said, ACC looks overrated for sure. I've only seen a few teams that have been all that impressive though.

That's fair. Definitely lots of mis-seedings. It's clear why some of these scores are happening for better or worse. I think in most cases the same exact outcome would happen in a 7 game series. Very few of these teams are playing poorly. It's just personnel and matchups.

I'll never forget the Duke game this year when a Duke fan sitting behind me commented "That Roberson guy cannot EVER rebound at all"

I politely asked him who holds the rebounded record at Cameron.
I get your point, but Brice Johnson broke that record later in the year;)

Can the last ACC team eliminated please turn out the lights?

Nine invited and six already gone. So much for being the best conference in the country by a mile.

You can't judge a conference by a one and done tournament. The year round grind of the acc is tougher than any other conference, period!

That said the acc is s&@tting the bed this year.

Yes you can. They're not just getting beat - several have been curb stomped over the last 48 hours.

If UNC, Louisville, and Duke all advance, it is going to make all of this talk seem silly.

Nature of the beast.

Those three need to advance a long way to remove the stench of the last 48 hours. As somebody else stated above, you can't brag about being the best conference far and away and then sheet the bed like they have so far.

Those three need to advance a long way to remove the stench of the last 48 hours. As somebody else stated above, you can't brag about being the best conference far and away and then sheet the bed like they did today.

Who cares about bragging?

Sometimes teams go farther than they should, sometimes higher seeds like Villanova lose earlier than they should. Doesn't make Villanova "overrated" -- they had a terrific year, and were every bit as good as their seeding, despite losing today in round 2.

Crazy stuff happens the first weekend of the tourney. I don't think that the ACC's reputation was tied to how Miami or Wake Forest performed. If we end up with 3 of the top 16, or basically a quarter of the teams left, is the ACC suddenly NOT overrated?

Let's see how things play out before making proclamations.

Virginia and Florida State are teams you knew would flame out early. They have that stigma and can't shake it.

Didn't realize they would flame out in 30 point 2nd Round blowout fashion. Even that surprised me.

Wake isn't good.

ND was disappointing.

Miami was another guaranteed early exit but they've been mediocre all year so it's not that surprising.

Basically this... while Cuse went from bad to mediocre... UVA and FSU finished the second half with a thud. Both teams struggle to score as does Miami at times. Norte Dame had a good year I'm surprised a bit by that one.None of the others showed the potential for a deep run and neither did Cuse with them so dependent on the offense/outside shooting. UNC Duke and Louisville all have FF potential and I thought ND as well.

Basically this... while Cuse went from bad to mediocre... UVA and FSU finished the second half with a thud. Both teams struggle to score as does Miami at times. Norte Dame had a good year I'm surprised a bit by that one.None of the others showed the potential for a deep run and neither did Cuse with them so dependent on the offense/outside shooting. UNC Duke and Louisville all have FF potential and I thought ND as well.
Exactly. So far the only ACC loss I'm surprised with is ND. I had them going pretty far along with the 3 playing tomorrow.

FSU and UVA embarrassed the conference though. No way around it.

Seeing all these acc teams lose brings me all the way back to last week when all the dbag fans of all these dbag teams talked about how great Greensboro is and how we were so darn lucky to be in 'their' conference.

Really warms the heart to see Virginia, wake and fsu bow out so early. Hoping for similar conference embarrassment from the rest of the 'old guard'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom