ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 244 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Maybe ASU, Utah and Colorado could become SEC targets over the next 5 years now that the PAC has been broken and they are playing in the lower mid-west and Texas. That would help the ACC if the SEC turned their attention on the Big 12.

As if we needed further proof that you are absolutely lost on how any of this works.

I pay $74 a month for YTTV. I was paying TW like $210 when I cut the cord 4 years ago. They still get me $74 a month for internet but I'm good. And I find YTTV a 1000x better than cable.

Time Warner/Spectrum is terrible; that I will give you. I have FIOS and pay $140/mo for cable and 500 mbps internet. Service disruptions are extremely rare and I never have quality issues that people with streaming seem to have. Not to mention for live sports, I can watch in real time, instead of a 30-60 second delay (or more).

When I watch games on ESPN+, I sometimes get notifications that a game has ended before I have been able to watch it end. Doesn't really matter for a blowout game, but if I'm watching a Rangers game in OT and find out they won/lost 30 secs before I see it happen on my screen, I'm not very happy.

Time Warner/Spectrum is terrible; that I will give you. I have FIOS and pay $140/mo for cable and 500 mbps internet. Service disruptions are extremely rare and I never have quality issues that people with streaming seem to have. Not to mention for live sports, I can watch in real time, instead of a 30-60 second delay (or more).

When I watch games on ESPN+, I sometimes get notifications that a game has ended before I have been able to watch it end. Doesn't really matter for a blowout game, but if I'm watching a Rangers game in OT and find out they won/lost 30 secs before I see it happen on my screen, I'm not very happy.
FIOS is so much better than Spectrum.

As if we needed further proof that you are absolutely lost on how any of this works.
Utah is already a SEC level program in football. ASU is a monster flagship, it will erupt. Colorado under Prime is going to capture the imagination of college football. Texas Tech is the flagship of west Texas and has oil money and is paying their players a lot of money now.

Thinking down the road. I do think the SEC or the B10 MAY come after ASU. The school now has 140,000 students. I’m being serious - 140,000 students.

The President is a marvel. All academic programs are flourishing. Some starting to break into the top 25.

They’ll have over 1,000,000 alums at some point. And are in a metro area that only continues to swell.

I have to believe that football and hoops will follow and improve.

Wish that SU had found a guy like Micheal Crow. I think he may actually have an SU degree in something.
He does, and he is close with our Chancellor. But I don't see ASU separating from U of A, especially since the state board has to sign off on this, and I just don't see them breaking up that rivalry. Everything else about ASU is true.

I see you keep putting people down for their ideas on a fan message board about conference realignment. If you’re so smart, what do you propose doing?

He does, and he is close with our Chancellor. But I don't see ASU separating from U of A, especially since the state board has to sign off on this, and I just don't see them breaking up that rivalry. Everything else about ASU is true.
The ASU President is fantastic for everything except athletics. If he would just stay out of this area and let a competent AD take over, ASU could be a realistic Big10 expansion candidate in 6 years once the B12 grant of rights ends.

There are no easy answers for the ACC, but spending real estate in this thread talking about the SEC’s interest in Arizona St. is a massive waste of time.
Did I just get put in the internet penalty box? Guess so. Gonna skitter off for a bit and let all the bright bulbs take over!

Google “cord cutting” and you’ll see what I mean.

Cable subscriptions are cratering.
There's cutting the cord and CUTTING THE CORD. The only way anyone who doesn't care at all about sports is going to get out of paying for ESPN is to subscribe to app after app after app individually by CUTTING THE CORD and going to 100% streaming. If anyone cuts the cord, but subscribes to a streaming service like YouTube TV, Hulu, etc., they're going to pay for ESPN. Yes, CUTTING THE CORDS will make the content providers lose some money because they will lose the subscribers who don't watch sports. However, I don't think that is as big a problem as some think.

There's little, if anything, lost to ESPN if someone drops Comcast and switches to getting ESPN either through a streaming service or buying a direct subscription to ESPN. In either case, the cord has been cut.

Google “cord cutting” and you’ll see what I mean.

Cable subscriptions are cratering.
Not sure how this is even an argument. They've been declining for nearly two decades and vMVPDs like YouTube and Hulu are not making up for it, especially as their prices are starting to rival packages from traditional operators.

It’s better than the one when I was in school with USF and Cincinatti. Creighton X Marquette do their part and that horrible program that won’t be mentioned rejoined and won a title.

ACC as it stands is great. If programs leave keep our FB team in whatever remains and go BE for everything else. Very simple and it’s a very good outcome as long as FB isn’t forced to go Indy to play BE hoops.
I would say that 98.9% of the fan forum would disagree about playing basketball in the big east.

The ACC champion will always get a spot in the playoffs
I do not think that's where we're headed. At least, it's not what the B1G and SEC are trying to pull off. Once they make up the top 60-70 teams in the country, they can crown a national champion just out of that pool and it will be considered legitimate. Why share the revenue with any other conferences at that point?

iowa state and wvu say hi
WVU has been negatively impacted by going to the B12. They’ve forfeited their identity by jumping to a southwest conference. In an eastern conference like the ACC, WVU would do just fine.

College football will never be the NFL. This is not the Giants playing the cowboys.

There are no easy answers for the ACC, but spending real estate in this thread talking about the SEC’s interest in Arizona St. is a massive waste of time.
Hey he hasn’t suggested U Mass to the SEC yet, the meds may be working! Just kidding Cous, love ya man!

Yeah- anecdotally speaking but when you see older folks who are your typical late adopters of any kind of change shifting away from cable... you know cable TV in its traditional format is done for.
That's cuz their kids have insisted they do it so the kids get free streaming.

Hey he hasn’t suggested U Mass to the SEC yet, the meds may be working! Just kidding Cous, love ya man!
I'm only saying that if the SEC wants to expand in the next decade, they are going to have to look west. I did not know that the people in the SEC have such a distaste for Arizona though.

Last edited:
I'm only saying that if the SEC wants to expand in the next decade, they are to have to look west. I did not know that the people in the SEC have such a distaste for Arizona though.
Or north

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom