ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 246 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I do not think that's where we're headed. At least, it's not what the B1G and SEC are trying to pull off. Once they make up the top 60-70 teams in the country, they can crown a national champion just out of that pool and it will be considered legitimate. Why share the revenue with any other conferences at that point?
I think the B1G & SEC would be happy with 8 of 12 teams in the playoffs with whoever's left splitting 4 spots. With the assumption that they will have the top 8 seeds, meaning 4 byes and 4 home games in the 1st round. Then all Quarterfinal games would also be guaranteed to be held at a Big Two stadium as well.

Known arsonist complains about rise in arson
The ACC are their enablers. What is it 29 straight regular season losses to them for the entire conference? But come park your other sports here.

Yeah I think the only scenario where ND joins a conference is if they can retain their own media rights / contract.
The ACC gave them a permanent out. In the Big Ten they look up at Pedo Michigan and Ohio state. SEC they are road kill. But here comes the ACC to pull down its trousers and bend over to accommodate ND.

The Big Ten is gonna turn USC into Nebraska they’d have done the same to ND.

Yeah when I find out what some people pay for Hulu or YouTube TV monthly, I just ask "why?" You basically pay the same price as I do for cable.

Yeah I’ve said on here, that since I moved 3 years ago and dropped cable. In 3 years I’ve missed more SU FB and BB games than in had in 15 previous years and the cost is negligible especially given the hassle of trying to figure out what streaming service the game might be on. With cable I just turned the TV and cable box on. No clicking on 3 different apps at the start of the game then finding out it’s blacked out.

I think the B1G & SEC would be happy with 8 of 12 teams in the playoffs with whoever's left splitting 4 spots. With the assumption that they will have the top 8 seeds, meaning 4 byes and 4 home games in the 1st round. Then all Quarterfinal games would also be guaranteed to be held at a Big Two stadium as well.
I don't think there's going to be such thing as "happy with" during this process. This is naked, rugged capitalism. This is about pure, unadulterated greed.

The only way to preserve access to the playoff will be through leverage (having too many teams that are too good to leave out while still having legitimacy).

Yeah. Hulu is starting to become awful close to just being the streaming version of cable at this point. I don't say that as a good thing either. They are going to continue to price more people out. Only reason I actually have Hulu is for the ACCN and the wife has a few channels she likes.

I'm curious to see if Amazon will throw their name in the ring given they already have to a small extent for the NFL.

In fairness HULU live has like ~ 4 million subscribers and there’s 72 million cable subscribers. That’s gone down but it’s still like arguing pickleball will replace the NFL because the amount of people playing pickleball has increased so exponentially. Cable is losing $ for sure but HULU live and YTTV at this point are nowhere close to the amount of cable subscribers.

Utah is already a SEC level program in football. ASU is a monster flagship, it will erupt. Colorado under Prime is going to capture the imagination of college football. Texas Tech is the flagship of west Texas and has oil money and is paying their players a lot of money now.

I think every day things get wilder on here. I can’t even block you because I don’t want to miss this stuff.

If we have a 17 team football conference I say we scrap the permanent rival crap and just play an 8-8 schedule. It won’t happen but if I were commissioner it would, dammit.
You mean after you checked with your wife. Just kidding, kinda.

In fairness HULU live has like ~ 4 million subscribers and there’s 72 million cable subscribers. That’s gone down but it’s still like arguing pickleball will replace the NFL because the amount of people playing pickleball has increased so exponentially. Cable is losing $ for sure but HULU live and YTTV at this point are nowhere close to the amount of cable subscribers.

I think when you look at it in the context of those who watch college sports it probably looks a bit different but the point is not lost.

I think when you look at it in the context of those who watch college sports it probably looks a bit different but the point is not lost.

That’s a fair point. And I’m not saying cable won’t continue to lose subscribers, it likely will. But I was surprised by the numbers looking them up because really had no idea.

I think every day things get wilder on here. I can’t even block you because I don’t want to miss this stuff.
I even look forward to you pissing in my cornflakes,

FIOS is so much better than Spectrum.
We have a local internet provider (Northland) and Specteum for cable and I rarely complain about either. I think I’m lucky with having a great local like Northland, though.

As long as I’m a die hard sports fan/bettor I will never ditch cable. A stream replacement would have to be astronomical cheaper and have all of the same channel options.

I wouldn’t survive not being able to switch channels without a buffer.

Just add Tulane as a 4th. Give me New Orleans for hoops or football every year.

Can’t believe they don’t have Lacrosse? That sport seems perfectly suited to their ethos.

Title 9

Destroyed Men's Lacrosse and Wrestling

Impacted Men's Soccer too. Rule needs to be changed, more women than men graduate from college now, it's ridiculous. Eliminate Football from the calculation at least

non revenue sports are not financial
Major disagreement on what sports are involved between Auerbach and Silver.

I hope Silver is right.

In a perfect world, the Pac 12 would continue for all sports except football and basketball. Why not do this? Why not retain ancient rivalries, keep travel costs down and make it easier for fans to travel to way games?

It will require some cooperation from the ACC, B1G and B12 but it would be to everyone’s benefit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom