ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 254 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Agreed. I’m confused how this financially will benefit the full ACC. If the additional money coming in only goes to a few of the “winners.”
Every team would get a $2 million travel allowance, but realistically FSU Clemson Miami are the schools who would most likely earn the majority of the ASI funds

I think we are going to travel "a bit more" and still have 4 schools leaving as soon as they can. As I have said I get this move but I think it does nothing to secure the future of the ACC. UNC, FSU and Clemson are leaving as soon as they can.

Again, FSU can try to leave all they want. They’re not a B10 team and I’m not sure the SEC is interested. We’ll see. But it’ll be funny if some of these teams decide to leave and end up with no place to go.

Every team would get a $2 million travel allowance, but realistically FSU Clemson Miami are the schools who would most likely earn the majority of the ASI funds
That's what I figured. Not sure I would be super excited as a President/AD of Cuse, Wake, Pitt, etc.

FSU is not going anywhere for a while and even with this deal is still gone ASAP.

That's what I figured. Not sure I would be super excited as a President/AD of Cuse, Wake, Pitt, etc.

FSU is not going anywhere for a while and even with this deal is still gone ASAP.
Yeah the deal is to shut FSU up until they can truly afford to buy their way out of the conference in 10 years or whenever

Yeah the deal is to shut FSU up until they can truly afford to buy their way out of the conference in 10 years or whenever
I hope FSU loses every game they ever play now in all sports and hope they leave the ACC and end up with no where to go and become independent. Live life in exile. I wouldn’t appease them at all as they are leaving regardless as they said. I’ve seen posts from FSU on other boards that say they think all of the added money from the 3 new teams should just go to them as they are the mighty FSU. “Bleep” FSU.

I hope FSU loses every game they ever play now in all sports and hope they leave the ACC and end up with no where to go and become independent. Live life in exile. I wouldn’t appease them at all as they are leaving regardless as they said. I’ve seen posts from FSU on other boards that say they think all of the added money from the 3 new teams should just go to them as they are the mighty FSU. “Bleep” FSU.
I am djorange1989 and I support this message

I’ll accept this

A-freakin'-men.

I don't give a flying !@# about how "good" an FSU OOC win is for the ACC, or how them getting into the playoffs makes the ACC more money, or any of that nonsense.

I hope they lose every game, in every sport, from now until the end of time. And then a week more.

Screw them and that dumb horse they rode in on.

Again, FSU can try to leave all they want. They’re not a B10 team and I’m not sure the SEC is interested. We’ll see. But it’ll be funny if some of these teams decide to leave and end up with no place to go.
Agreed. I think UNC and Clemson would both be preferred by the Big and SEC over FSU.

I’d love to see them get slapped with a nuclear NCAA probation that sets them back years.

A-freakin'-men.

I don't give a flying !@# about how "good" an FSU OOC win is for the ACC, or how them getting into the playoffs makes the ACC more money, or any of that nonsense.

I hope they lose every game, in every sport, from now until the end of time. And then a week more.

Screw them and that dumb horse they rode in on.

Starting the season in the top 10, with all that promise, and exiting September 2-2 will be funny.

Agreed. I’m confused how this financially will benefit the full ACC. If the additional money coming in only goes to a few of the “winners.”
Agree.

I think the vast majority of the money should go to the conference as a whole.

jr, when you talk about bonuses for specific achievements, I am not against that, as long as the idea is

All the new member money gets split evenly among all members (except of course ND and the 3 newbies).

But before that, give bonuses to schools for specific accomplishments.

Winning the conference championship game for football.

Making the college football playoff.

Finishing in the top ten in the AP poll.

Finishing the year with above average in APR scores for all varsity sports.

Winning a conference championship.

The bonuses should be weighed more for the sports that produce revenue but should not be limited to only those sports.

I would ensure the sum of the bonuses is lower than the money that will go to all the schools. Set it up so no more than 50% of this expansion windfall can go to bonuses for special achievements.

IMHO, if there was $30 million left after covering travel costs, $15 million should be split among the eligible ACC schools and the other $15 million would go to the schools that earned the various bonus achievements.

All $30 million should not go to any one school, even if they won the NC in football in 2024.

The incentive pay can be looked at like a playoff share. The further you go, the more you make.
IOW- it'll be put up or shut up time, w/ no preset guarantees for FSU. And obviously ND should have no role whatsoever.Thats totally fair.

Based on the past five years, FSU and Miami would get nothing.
That’s the beauty of the API. All teams are eligible and would be rewarding excellence on the field. If FSU is as great as they think they are, then they should be able to increase their annual payouts.

That’s the beauty of the API. All teams are eligible and would be rewarding excellence on the field. If FSU is as great as they think they are, then they should be able to increase their annual payouts.
Watch, they won’t win squat but they will have higher TV ratings than most and will demand money for that instead

There is a huge amount of talent in TX. And SMU has a very wealthy bunch of alums who love football. They will donate very big bucks to have the best NIL set up, and they will get a whole bunch of top players to The Hill.
They have a ton of money, are in a recruiting hotbed and already have been a ranked program recently in the AAC.

These conversations remind me of board discussions years ago when discussing Cincy and Louisville being added as replacements to the Big East. There was as much trashing of those programs as there was seeing the potential.

They are going to get booed in every ACC stadium they visit until they finally leave.

Everyone is focused on FSU - whenever the exit happens UNC will be the fist one to pull the trigger.
This. They've made random ass comments about being loyal to the ACC yadda yadda yadda that indicates they are going to do an Irish goodbye to the ACC

Everyone is focused on FSU - whenever the exit happens UNC will be the fist one to pull the trigger.
You mean that North Carolina will disband the NC ACC mafia to become Michigan, Ohio’s etc’s Maryland? If the BIG is their landing place bet Maryland hasn’t forgotten UNC and will be ready to bless their little hearts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom