ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 260 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Not much longer (2 more years?).
Maybe if SMU joins the ACC they will extend the series.
I wouldn't be surprised at all. If SMU joins, it's a P4 OOC game and TCU doesn't have to worry about the Big XII being upset about continuing the series.

Some of you frequent flyers please correct me if I'm wrong, but several years ago an airline pilot told me that the greatest part of a flight cost was in the takeoff and landing. Once a plane was in level flight, the cost for additional miles wasn't that much (at least in the CONUS). Any truth to that?
Not correct for a charter. They charge by the hour. Depending on the type of plane, it could be $20k per hour to fly the football team, but less for the basketball team as they would use a smaller plane. Could cost you $200k plus to fly the football team to play Stanford or Cal.

Not correct for a charter. They charge by the hour. Depending on the type of plane, it could be $20k per hour to fly the football team, but less for the basketball team as they would use a smaller plane. Could cost you $200k plus to fly the football team to play Stanford or Cal.

Yeah I was trying to do some math earlier. Gotta figure on average with hoops and football it comes out to around 750k to a million for travel costs tops.. thus 2 million if it's just those sports would cover it for sure.

A smaller jet can only handle 12-15 passengers. Not enough for a basketball entourage.

You'd need a 737 to cover the 3,000 mile range without refueling.

Methodist Convention!

Next time ... Methodists !!

MV5BNjA2YzQ1Y2MtOTEwMi00NzJkLWJjN2UtNGU1ZmNmNTkzZWMwL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1OTEzMzc@._V1_.jpg

Getting learned about our [hopefully] new members: [click on orange text for links]

Syracuse vs Cal
SU is 1-1 all time. Cal has won 5 national championships[!], 30 consensus All Americans, 244 NFL draft picks, 27 in the first round, but no Heisman winners.

Played them in 1967 and 1968.

Syracuse vs Stanford
Stanford has won 2 national championships, 303 weeks in the AP poll, 37 consensus All Americans, 278 NFL draft picks, 25 in the first round, and 1 Heisman winner.

The schools have never played each other in football.

Syracuse vs SMU
SMU has won 3 national championships[!], 16 consensus All Americans, 175 NFL draft picks, 7 in the first round, and 1 Heisman winner.

Played them one time, in 1932. We lost. :(

A smaller jet can only handle 12-15 passengers. Not enough for a basketball entourage.

You'd need a 737 to cover the 3,000 mile range without refueling.
I would assume they might schedule several sports teams traveling to games on the west coast all on the same flight. It would be silly to send only one team to the west coast. Double headers with women’s basketball and maybe volleyball too.

I would assume they might schedule several sports teams traveling to games on the west coast all on the same flight. It would be silly to send only one team to the west coast. Double headers with women’s basketball and maybe volleyball too.

WBB plays Thursday & Sunday.

VB usually plays Fri & Sun.

A West Coast Swing wouldn't be out of the question if the schedules can be aligned.

It would almost make sense for SU and Pitt to share a flight for WBB and VB. That's not unlike what the Pac-12 currently does.

So much hate for Detroit I don't get it. It's not a bad airport at all and the city is slowly coming back to life from a long period of dark times. The slower pace of Detroit makes a longer layover a nice time to go grab a bite and some beers at Gordon Biersch without having someone breathing over your shoulder like in Atlanta, Chicago, Pittsburgh etc.
I’m there way too much killing time in the delta lounge when I would rather be home with the family. It’s not a bad airport, would rather be in the new lga airport though.

I kept most existing 3 permanent rivals except for wake /georgia tech as it felt like one than was forced.
I did a quick 1st attempt at 4 perm rivals for each and this is how it turned out:
( NEW)

Clemson- Fsu, Georgia Tech, NC State, ( SMU)
Florida State-Clemson, Miami, Syracuse, ( GT)
North Carolina- Duke, Nc State, Virginia,(WAKE)
Nc State- Unc, Duke, Clemson, (Wake)
Miami- Fsu, Bc, Louisville, (VT)
Georgia Tech- Clemson, Duke, Louisville, ( FSU)
Duke- Unc, Nc State, Wake, (GT)
Wake- Duke, VT, (UNC, NC STATE)
Virginia Tech- Virginia, Pitt, Wake, ( MIAMI)
Virginia- Vt, Unc, Louisville, ( STANFORD)
Louisville- Virginia, Miami, Gt, ( SMU)
Pitt- Bc, Syracuse, Vt, ( CALIFORNIA)
Syracuse- Bc, Pitt, Fsu, ( CALIFORNIA)
Boston College- Pitt, Syracuse, Miami, ( STANFORD)
Stanford- (California, Smu, Bc, Virginia)
California- (Stanford, Smu, Pitt, Syracuse)
SMU- (Stanford, California, Louisville, Clemson)
It's too early to tell how scheduling will end up, but I actually hope SU and BC get "stuck" with having the 2 CA programs as permanent rivals (as you listed or swap Stanford and Cal for SU and BC). Of course the "greedy 4" want nothing to do with them, and maybe none of the "magnificent 7" do either. Maybe GaTech wants them since they pushed hard for this, as did Pitt. I'd be much more excited to attend a Cal or Stanford game than a number of ACC schools we've been playing.

Clemson will not want SMU. SMU kind of deserves Louisville and one of Pitt, NC State, VaTech, Wake.

I’m there way too much killing time in the delta lounge when I would rather be home with the family. It’s not a bad airport, would rather be in the new lga airport though.

I rarely ever fly through NY but have had to connect through Atlanta, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Charlotte far too many times to where I much prefer Detroit as a connection. I've enjoyed trips to Detroit for business far more though in the past 5 years or so than how bad things were before then.

It's too early to tell how scheduling will end up, but I actually hope SU and BC get "stuck" with having the 2 CA programs as permanent rivals (as you listed or swap Stanford and Cal for SU and BC). Of course the "greedy 4" want nothing to do with them, and maybe none of the "magnificent 7" do either. Maybe GaTech wants them since they pushed hard for this, as did Pitt. I'd be much more excited to attend a Cal or Stanford game than a number of ACC schools we've been playing.

Clemson will not want SMU. SMU kind of deserves Louisville and one of Pitt, NC State, VaTech, Wake.
BC im guessing will get Stanford since they were already scheduled to meet in a few years anyway

im intrigued if the acc tries to work through a flex schedule arrangement like the big 10 with either 2 or 4 perm rivals

I hear you on that schedule but man I hope they keep Tennessee and ditch Notre Dame.

No way we're getting out of Tennessee.

ND only goes away if the ACC arrangement goes away.

Personally, I hope we keep both. Trips to Atlanta and Chicago. And then I guess I have to sneak in a Dome visit to keep my streak alive.

My streak of years staying married might end though.

No way we're getting out of Tennessee.

ND only goes away if the ACC arrangement goes away.

Personally, I hope we keep both. Trips to Atlanta and Chicago. And then I guess I have to sneak in a Dome visit to keep my streak alive.

My streak of years staying married might end though.
or they move our game to stanford or cal or smu

Could help with recruiting CA too.

Now I see tweets from some sports writers there are still not enough yes votes, thank god actual football happens tomorrow!!

Links or anyone to check out? I don’t use Twitter almost at all and don’t see any tweets like that just doing a search.

I'd bet Louisville is pretty high up on the pecking order. Quite possible a Big10 target, definitely a Big12 target, even could see them in SEC some day.

The B1G has 0% interest in the sham of an academic institution masquerading as a university that is Lousiville.

Zero hyperbole.

WBB plays Thursday & Sunday.

VB usually plays Fri & Sun.

A West Coast Swing wouldn't be out of the question if the schedules can be aligned.

It would almost make sense for SU and Pitt to share a flight for WBB and VB. That's not unlike what the Pac-12 currently does.
Except--

Volleyball is a Fall sport. Basketball is a Winter sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom