ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

You’re blinded by recent history. Just like the ACC and PAC12, there are 3-4 teams that could vault up the recruiting rankings and into consideration. Schools like Michigan, Miami, UCLA, USC, Mich State, Wisconsin, VaTech, etc have enough resources and things going for it that they could make a run.

I won’t go on.
The idea Auburn and Texas A&M are football bluebloods but
Miami(Fl) or Michigan aren’t is just crazy pills.
The SEC has the best football brands but again the entire conference isn’t Alabama.

I’m reminded why I don’t take you that seriously.

Their league is fine. It’s threatened by the SEC adding the two best teams from another conference. If the B1G had added OK and Texas, the SEC would be nervous. That’s how this works.
If the BT had added OU and Texas, the SEC would be worried about how unbelievably rich the BT would soon be. But I don't think the SEC would be worried about BT football stepping way up in quality. The SEC would know that the BT would be too far north for the majority of top TX talent to want to go play in. SEC football would remain best overall, most seasons.

But the SEC adding OU and Texas will now get richer than the BT and have even more football talent. The BT has been the richest, easily the richest, and only has 1 National Championship in 15 years - the ACC with very little money has 3. The SEC before OU and Texas has 11 in that 15 year period. if that does not terrify the BT, it is far more stupid than I've ever guessed.

What exactly has Texas A&M won?
Auburn had Cam Newton they aren’t a blue blood and Michigan isn’t.
A&M went out and laid down the cash to get a National Championship coach and they just missed the playoffs last year. I don't know what to tell you if you don't respect Auburn.

i would love to just blow up all the conferences --- everyone is independent.

Doesn't the ACC contract with ESPN allow for renegotiation if the league expands? Whomever they were to add would bring the payouts up significantly because at this point they are very under valued.
It should work that way. But ESPN is now about to have to pay the SEC a king's ransom - or maybe more like the ransom of the entire royal family. So I will not be surprised if ESPN wants the ACC to show it can cut dead weight to match ESPN putting skin in the game.

A&M went out and laid down the cash to get a National Championship coach and they just missed the playoffs last year. I don't know what to tell you if you don't respect Auburn.
Having 75 million dollars to throw at a coach looking to leave a situation he let get really bad and stale doesn’t make you a blue blood.

Think of programs like chess pieces.
Bluebloods would be Kings/Queen pieces.
Good programs would be rooks/bishops/knights depending on how they are trending.
Then the filler schools are pawns.

A&M is in the rook/bishop/knight range.

I respect Auburn but they sure as hell aren’t a blue blood. Syracuse basketball > Auburn football and SU Bb isn’t blueblood.

It should work that way. But ESPN is now about to have to pay the SEC a king's ransom - or maybe more like the ransom of the entire royal family. So I will not be surprised if ESPN wants the ACC to show it can cut dead weight to match ESPN putting skin in the game.
Seems like a breach of contract.

This absurd. ESPN wouldn’t do this at all.

They wouldn’t tell the ACC to cut programs. They would tell the ACC up their conference schedule to 9 or 10 games each year if you want more money.
So we can get more Florida State-Virginia Tech, Clemson-Miami, North Carolina-Clemson/Florida State games.

It's time to blow up the ACC, Pac 10, and join the Big 10 in a new league open to the highest bidder. 41 teams including Notre Dame, you might add a few teams from the old big 12 to get into Texas, Woadblue I'll let you pick the teams, but unlike some here We have played WVU a lot of times and I think Ben would like to see us play them again.

I included USC. Miami and VaTech have a ways to go. don't know if their current coaching staffs can get them there. Wisky can win the B1G west, that's about it. The others, meh.
It's not about coaching staffs. It's about alumni, fan interest, boosters, NIL, history, and TV markets. It's shortsighted to see any program as a collection of players and their staff.

It's not about coaching staffs. It's about alumni, fan interest, boosters, NIL, history, and TV markets. It's shortsighted to see any program as a collection of players and their staff.
I do not consider VT or Miami to be in any upper metric as they both have been average for a long time and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Just so we are all clear….

VPI hasn’t missed a bowl game since 1993

and Miami has missed 5 in like 40 years.
There are an awful lot of bowl games. You just have to be a little better than mediocre to get in them. It is the dream of Orange fans everywhere that our program can crack the code.

There are an awful lot of bowl games. You just have to be a little better than mediocre to get in them. It is the dream of Orange fans everywhere that our program can crack the code.
The idea Texas A&M and Auburn are ahead of Miami and Michigan in your landscape just shows you don’t look at the overall picture.

Texas A&M and Virginia Tech are basically the same level program wise.
A&M has been better than 4-4 in SEC conference play only 3 times.
With Johnny Manziel they went 6-2 in 2012.
They went 5-3 in 2018.
Last year they went 8-1 and only played 2 ranked SEC teams last year.
Got killed by Bama and beat Florida by 3.

A&M is completely overrated by you.

Miami and Michigan are better programs.

The idea Texas A&M and Auburn are ahead of Miami and Michigan in your landscape just shows you don’t look at the overall picture.

They went 5-3 in 2018.

I was watching Finebaum earlier today and he was talking to a guest about how they will align the divisions. He said the SEC would not have Bama and Auburn in seperate divisions as that is the most important and valuable rivalry game in the SEC.

I included USC. Miami and VaTech have a ways to go. don't know if their current coaching staffs can get them there. Wisky can win the B1G west, that's about it. The others, meh.
He's such little freak.

You are basically calling the New York Yankees a mediocre program because they haven’t won a World Series since (gulp) 2009.

those programs are not only feared on a yearly basis, but also bring tv eyeballs and fat asses to the bleachers.

Damn right every Orange fan wants to be them.

they’re elite programs.

They went 5-3 in 2018.

I'd put Tech ahead of A&M. Tech at least played for a national title. What big game has the Aggies played in?

I was watching Finebaum earlier today and he was talking to a guest about how they will align the divisions. He said the SEC would not have Bama and Auburn in seperate divisions as that is the most important and valuable rivalry game in the SEC.
Auburn and Alabama don’t have to be in separate divisions.
When Texas and Oklahoma come in if the SEC stays with divisions they move Auburn and Alabama to the east division and put Texas and Oklahoma in the west.

If they do pods Auburn and Alabama will be in the same pod.

Auburn football is not a blue blood program.
It’s a 4 star program not a 5 star.

I'd put Tech ahead of A&M. Tech at least played for a national title. What big game has the Aggies played in?
A&M has played in NY6 bowls but again it’s been only better than .500 3 out of 8 years in the SEC.

The bluebloods in the SEC are Alabama, LSU, Florida, and now Oklahoma and Texas.

Georgia is kinda iffy as well.
They are damn good but they need a couple championships to get up there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom