ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 190 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Do you ever look up any facts at all. I don't think almost anything you say is based on any correct information and your personal conclusions on almost everything seems subpar at best.

Here's the 3rd link I found doing a less than 30 second google search after reading your post. I had no idea but knew if you were writing it, the truth was probably the opposite.

TCU in 2022 was the 13th most watched CFB team with 2.20 mill viewers per game

* Post won't show the link for some reason, keeps making a white screen. But easy to look up. If you can spell google
Really? You aren’t too bright are you? I wasn’t aware that there is a national survey of every American asking how many times they have watched the TCU vs SMU game. Never said anything anti TCU so either you cannot comprehend (very likely) or just like making stuff up. And nice job cherry picking data. It is funny because I use stats and facts more than most people. Not sure why I even bother proving you wrong time and again.

I mean if they are accretive to the overall media payout the conference gets annually I don’t know why you’d be against it.

If they aren’t accretive I get that, just more weight to carry for the earners.

If your goal is to destroy the conference, you would push back on their inclusion even with the money.

Today's word is accretive.
Well I didn’t include dilutive in the comment. :)I never claimed to be a lawyer but I do claim to be a finance guy :cool:

SMU fan here. We are a small university. We don’t have super large crowds. If you don’t have a large alum base, that happens. We also don’t play teams that anyone cares about. UT and others made sure SMU, TCU, Rice and Houston were left out of the new B12 after the SWC dissolved. Why? The 4 schools in the 2 biggest recruiting hotbeds in the country. They get the recruiting and the money. TCU gets invited to B12 ONLY because they got an invite to Big East. B12 doesn’t want schools poaching from Texas so it’s better to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Now TCU and Baylor block us because they say we don’t add value….blah blah blah. No, it’s really because they don’t want us to recruit on equal grounds and keep us financially inferior. NIL just changed the game my friends! SMU is a sleeping giant about to awaken from the fog of the death penalty. Our NIL is probably top 20 in the country. We sit literally in the hotbed of some of the most fertile football recruiting grounds in the country. We’re giving Syracuse and all the ACC teams the chance to come to Dallas to recruit against the B12. This is terrifying to the B12. There’s tons of media types who are B12 Homers that will say horrible demeaning things about SMU just to help keep us out of a respectable conference. They don’t want the ACC here in Texas. It’s bad enough they have to compete against the SEC now. SMU has been waiting for the chance to prove we belong. NIL is flowing and our coffers are getting full. We will not embarrass the ACC.

Last edited:
Really? You aren’t too bright are you? I wasn’t aware that there is a national survey of every American asking how many times they have watched the TCU vs SMU game. Never said anything anti TCU so either you cannot comprehend (very likely) or just like making stuff up. And nice job cherry picking data. It is funny because I use stats and facts more than most people. Not sure why I even bother proving you wrong time and again.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I would rather be part of a reconstituted ACC that the monstrosity that some call the B12. Few rivalries or history, lots of schools I have no interest in visiting or watching play.

ACC II might not be bad at all. So many variables.

But I think it is likely the conference survives and will be a third option for Syracuse (besides the B12 and football independence/BE for Olympic sports).
ACC (American coast conference) with a semi-western division.

Attachments

• IMG_4254.jpeg
    IMG_4254.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 71
SMU fan here. We are a small university. We don’t have super large crowds. If you don’t have a large alum base, that happens. We also don’t play teams that anyone cares about. UT and others made sure SMU, TCU, Rice and Houston were left out of the new B12 after the SWC dissolved. Why? The 4 schools in the 2 biggest recruiting hotbeds in the country. They get the recruiting and the money. TCU gets invited to B12 ONLY because they got an invite to Big East. B12 doesn’t want schools poaching from Texas so it’s better to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Now TCU and Baylor block us because they say we don’t add value….blah blah blah. No, it’s really because they don’t want us to recruit on equal grounds and keep us financially inferior. NIL just changed the game my friends! SMU is a sleeping giant about to awaken from the fog of the death penalty. Our NIL is probably top 20 in the country. We sit literally in the hotbed of some of the most fertile football recruiting grounds in the country. We’re giving Syracuse and all the ACC teams the chance to come to Dallas to recruit against the B12. This is terrifying to the B12. There’s tons of media types who are B12 Homers that will say horrible demeaning things about SMU just to help keep us out of a respectable conference. They don’t want the ACC here in Texas. It’s bad enough the have to compete against the SEC now. SMU has been waiting for the chance to prove we belong. NIL is flowing and our coffers are getting full. We will not embarrass the ACC.
Preach brother!

SMU fan here. We are a small university. We don’t have super large crowds. If you don’t have a large alum base, that happens. We also don’t play teams that anyone cares about. UT and others made sure SMU, TCU, Rice and Houston were left out of the new B12 after the SWC dissolved. Why? The 4 schools in the 2 biggest recruiting hotbeds in the country. They get the recruiting and the money. TCU gets invited to B12 ONLY because they got an invite to Big East. B12 doesn’t want schools poaching from Texas so it’s better to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Now TCU and Baylor block us because they say we don’t add value….blah blah blah. No, it’s really because they don’t want us to recruit on equal grounds and keep us financially inferior. NIL just changed the game my friends! SMU is a sleeping giant about to awaken from the fog of the death penalty. Our NIL is probably top 20 in the country. We sit literally in the hotbed of some of the most fertile football recruiting grounds in the country. We’re giving Syracuse and all the ACC teams the chance to come to Dallas to recruit against the B12. This is terrifying to the B12. There’s tons of media types who are B12 Homers that will say horrible demeaning things about SMU just to help keep us out of a respectable conference. They don’t want the ACC here in Texas. It’s bad enough the have to compete against the SEC now. SMU has been waiting for the chance to prove we belong. NIL is flowing and our coffers are getting full. We will not embarrass the ACC.
Not going to lie, I was absolutely against it but you are convincing me.

We have so many Cuse fans that have moved to Tejas. I expect we'll travel 3-4K fans to a game there.

BTW, you guys are close to Ole Miss in tailgating

SMU fan here. We are a small university. We don’t have super large crowds. If you don’t have a large alum base, that happens. We also don’t play teams that anyone cares about. UT and others made sure SMU, TCU, Rice and Houston were left out of the new B12 after the SWC dissolved. Why? The 4 schools in the 2 biggest recruiting hotbeds in the country. They get the recruiting and the money. TCU gets invited to B12 ONLY because they got an invite to Big East. B12 doesn’t want schools poaching from Texas so it’s better to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Now TCU and Baylor block us because they say we don’t add value….blah blah blah. No, it’s really because they don’t want us to recruit on equal grounds and keep us financially inferior. NIL just changed the game my friends! SMU is a sleeping giant about to awaken from the fog of the death penalty. Our NIL is probably top 20 in the country. We sit literally in the hotbed of some of the most fertile football recruiting grounds in the country. We’re giving Syracuse and all the ACC teams the chance to come to Dallas to recruit against the B12. This is terrifying to the B12. There’s tons of media types who are B12 Homers that will say horrible demeaning things about SMU just to help keep us out of a respectable conference. They don’t want the ACC here in Texas. It’s bad enough they have to compete against the SEC now. SMU has been waiting for the chance to prove we belong. NIL is flowing and our coffers are getting full. We will not embarrass the ACC.
I am convinced, sign them up!

Welcome! And thank you for posting, we all appreciate the perspective and insight from an SMU fan. Very interesting stuff, I forgot all about the NIL advantage that SMU might be able to take advantage of, especiallyif they were to join a P5 confrence. That could be significant. I had a quick follow up question or two, i am not overly familiar with that last round of expansion that sent TCU and Baylor to the Big12, but why did those schools get chosen over SMU at the time? And do you think, with a smaller alumni fan base, SMU could find a way to get the TV ratings needed to help increase the ACC TV contract in the future? Thank you again for your post!

Not going to lie, I was absolutely against it but you are convincing me.
Plus, we are ridiculously close to the Dallas Love Field airport. It’s a 14 minute drive from the airport to the campus. I got yelled at by a Baylor coach for telling his athletes, at the airport, that if they went to SMU they would be sleeping in their beds in 20 minutes. They still had a 100 mile bus drive to get to their campus at Waco. Gosh that coach was really mad at me.

Welcome! And thank you for posting, we all appreciate the perspective and insight from an SMU fan. Very interesting stuff, I forgot all about the NIL advantage that SMU might be able to take advantage of, especiallyif they were to join a P5 confrence. That could be significant. I had a quick follow up question or two, i am not overly familiar with that last round of expansion that sent TCU and Baylor to the Big12, but why did those schools get chosen over SMU at the time? And do you think, with a smaller alumni fan base, SMU could find a way to get the TV ratings needed to help increase the ACC TV contract in the future? Thank you again for your post!
Excellent questions. Baylor got in against UT’s wishes because then Governor of Texas was….Baylor Alum, Ann Richards. The Governor has clout. SMU’s response to our death penalty was worse than the death penalty. ie ….All athletic friendly majors were removed. You could not transfer into SMU and keep any of your credits. You couldn’t visit the campus as an athlete unless you got accepted as a general student. We basically implemented a secondary death penalty because of the embarrassment of the first one. It’s taken 20 years to undo those capricious - self-inflicted penalties. All those things we did to hold ourselves back have been removed. The shackles are gone and a lot of very wealthy alums are pissed off. Rumor is now…several alums are willing to donate 200 million to the athletic dept for 5 years to counter our willingness to not take a dime of ACC money. SMU is willing to put our money where our mouth is. It’s seems like a desperate move on the surface but I see the brilliance of it. You don’t dance with the prom queen if you’re not willing to ask.

Excellent questions. Baylor got in against UT’s wishes because then Governor of Texas was….Baylor Alum, Ann Richards. The Governor has clout. SMU’s response to our death penalty was worse than the death penalty. ie ….All athletic friendly majors were removed. You could not transfer into SMU and keep any of your credits. You couldn’t visit the campus as an athlete unless you got accepted as a general student. We basically implemented a secondary death penalty because of the embarrassment of the first one. It’s taken 20 years to undo those capricious - self-inflicted penalties. All those things we did to hold ourselves back have been removed. The shackles are gone and a lot of very wealthy alums are pissed off. Rumor is now…several alums are willing to donate 200 million to the athletic dept for 5 years to counter our willingness to not take a dime of ACC money. SMU is willing to put our money where our mouth is. It’s seems like a desperate move on the surface but I see the brilliance of it. You don’t dance with the prom queen if you’re not willing to ask.
As far as the numbers for TV? That’s a wild card. Just about as many people went to SMU as TCU. Neither move the needle like a big state university with 100,000 students.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom