ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 256 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I've been trying to come up with some way to incorporate neutral site games to save some travel costs. Maybe something like an annual tripleheader in the Cowboys Stadium? Looking at the map, that's probably as centrally located as we could get.

I always heard UNC and UVA were the top targets for B1G, but after the lack of interest in Stanford it feels like the calculus has changed for UVA. Obviously still attractive but with football eyeballs driving the bus it would be very interesting to see where they are in the pecking order.
UVA is behind Cuse in FB eyeballs

I still don't see UNC leaving...they are the ACC
I think the ACC needs to add USF when FSU bolts. It is actually better for our alumni and diaspora to play at USF vs Tallanasty
Me too, but not 100%. We need another Texas school down the road (prefer Houston natural rivalry with SMU and the Dallas/FW area) and personally we need a couple Florida schools when/if Florida State and Miami leave. I'm thinking UCF, USF, Cinci, WV maybe Memphis in the equation. Does ACC have enough pull to to pull them out of their conferences? Would that solidify things with the CA/Tx/Fl footprints and eyeballs? I don't know just thinking, been so much in the thread I'm probably repeating someone's post verbatim... Can't call what UVA or UNC might do.

Some brief early thoughts on all of this..

- Was hoping deep down that the ACC could remain a regional (Eastern seaboard) conference, or if that didn’t work, we would eventually land in some type of new Northeast conference where we would be the big dog.

- I’m somewhat excited about adding these three new conference members, as it could be good long term for the conference. I’m glad the ACC is getting proactive rather than waiting to implode. Also any new news this big is always exciting to mull over.

- This may seem silly to some, but if this goes through, I’d like the name of our conference to change, though not sure if that even legally possible.

- Ultimately I’m encouraged that the ACC looks posed to potentially survive as the third biggest conference, while retaining its character of private schools that are serious about academics.

- It’s exciting to see our conference growing rather than constantly speculating over it shrinking.

- Was hoping deep down that the ACC could remain a regional (Eastern seaboard) conference, or if that didn’t work, we would eventually land in some type of new Northeast conference where we would be the big dog.

- I’m somewhat excited about adding these three new conference members, as it could be good long term for the conference. I’m glad the ACC is getting proactive rather than waiting to implode. Also any new news this big is always exciting to mull over.

- This may seem silly to some, but if this goes through, I’d like the name of our conference to change, though not sure if that even legally possible.

- Ultimately I’m encouraged that the ACC looks posed to potentially survive as the third biggest conference, while retaining its character of private schools that are serious about academics.

- It’s exciting to see our conference growing rather than constantly speculating over it shrinking.
American Collegiate Conference :)

Me too, but not 100%. We need another Texas school down the road (prefer Houston natural rivalry with SMU and the Dallas/FW area) and personally we need a couple Florida schools when/if Florida State and Miami leave. I'm thinking UCF, USF, Cinci, WV maybe Memphis in the equation. Does ACC have enough pull to to pull them out of their conferences? Would that solidify things with the CA/Tx/Fl footprints and eyeballs? I don't know just thinking, been so much in the thread I'm probably repeating someone's post verbatim... Can't call what UVA or UNC might do.
Houston and Cincy were missed opportunities for the ACC. Both would have fit well.

Season 9 Premiere GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Me too, but not 100%. We need another Texas school down the road (prefer Houston natural rivalry with SMU and the Dallas/FW area) and personally we need a couple Florida schools when/if Florida State and Miami leave. I'm thinking UCF, USF, Cinci, WV maybe Memphis in the equation. Does ACC have enough pull to to pull them out of their conferences? Would that solidify things with the CA/Tx/Fl footprints and eyeballs? I don't know just thinking, been so much in the thread I'm probably repeating someone's post verbatim... Can't call what UVA or UNC might nnnñnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I think the ACC needs to add USF when FSU bolts. It is actually better for our alumni and diaspora to play at USF vs Tallanasty
Lol That is exactly what they don't need. You think Florida state's b******* now I have? Why don't you add Miami to that list?
Listen, if they do what they're supposed to do. Listen to the listen to ESPN because the SPS. Me has in trouble right now. And they're not just gonna fault. ESPN will take care of us. It's already been shown that there will be a slush fund from these schools. Coming in for pretty much nothing and guess who gets that money. The freaking teams in our conference. If they want to, they can use that performance aspect. Which could, which would give us fss? You or whoever wants more money, so this is just. Stupidity, they sound like hypocrites. Now depend offer more money, and it's still complaining And ACC network will make a lot more money because of the lack of coverage. On the West Coast, San Francisco Oakland area is tremendously huge. Google all the money they're like. I can think of so many good parts of this deal. There's no more travel problem cause. All of those other programs are not coming in. It's just football and basketball. So what the h*** do they have to lose? I mean, SMU obviously has a lot of support in Dallas. That's another huge tailor which state set a lot of views which h CCI already has a s*** load which would help while potential as since as you see ACC merger.
That's what should be entombed about not South Florida. Or whatever b******* school that was brought up to replace AI brand soul. In effect, they wouldn't be replaced on it all. It would just be another full s*** School worse than Stanford and cow. So it makes no sense again, and there won't be a replacement man if that happened, that would be the beginning of that.

One more thing I read something that you &c will not leave. They are one of the 14th that rejected the last deal. But, you know, they're all in on ACC. What are you kidding me! I guess all in ACC means get the f*** give me the f*** out of here. Because I Don't understand that explanation whatsoever.
. ACC has taken away every negative of this deal and brought in just about as many positives as there ever could be. So obviously there's nothing to lose so do it. I mean, I'm sure you'll sell about Syracuse to get 4 2 9 million more a year. Which is the it's either the low or the high of what they could make with everything I just mentioned.
Let's go back to the biggies so we can eat. So we can make naughty 9 million all together for our department. Yeah, that's good, that's the way to go.

I still don't see UNC leaving...they are the ACC
And people didn't see USC/UCLA leaving the Pac 12 and they were the Pac 12. Biggest football brand, biggest basketball brand, and largest media market.

The ACC that UNC was part of for years was tobacco road plus Maryland/Virginia/Clemson. UNC could drive to every away game as the longest trip was ~4 hours. They lost South Carolina, then they added Georgia Tech, then FSU, then Miami/VT/BC, then Pitt/Syracuse, and Notre Dame, lost Maryland, then Louisville, and now possibly Stanford/Cal/SMU. The ACC looks nothing like the ACC that UNC was long part of.

Finally, if the expansion happens, the old guard's power in the ACC is basically gone as there will be 10 relative newcombers (the former BE schools plus the 3 new ones) to 8 legacy ACC and one of those 8 is FSU which is not really a fan of tobacco road.

SU's cost factor for travel is well under $2M...with adding these schools. They'll at most only travel out west in FB every 2 or 3 years
So, Washington has said moving to the Big 10 would add ~$10 million to their travel budget, but for Syracuse the number is <$2 million if Stanford/Cal/SMU are added? For football, the increased travel is manageable, it's all the other sports. And, don't forget, there is Title IX. I think with the recent conference expansions, somebody is going to challenge the way women's sports have to travel vs men's sports as most male athletes (football and basketball) travel by private jet and most female athletes travel commercial.

Don't think FSU will ever get into the B1G. They are not AAU.

Interesting fact though.

USF is AAU.

They finally made the commitment to build an on campus stadium (35K), which is a big deal to conferences.

Woad and others seems to like schools with large enrollments and a lot of alums. USF has over 50K of students.

So, Washington has said moving to the Big 10 would add ~$10 million to their travel budget, but for Syracuse the number is <$2 million if Stanford/Cal/SMU are added? For football, the increased travel is manageable, it's all the other sports. And, don't forget, there is Title IX. I think with the recent conference expansions, somebody is going to challenge the way women's sports have to travel vs men's sports as most male athletes (football and basketball) travel by private jet and most female athletes travel commercial.

Jim…… Washington will need to travel East for most of their schedule every season. SU will only need to go west one a year at the most. Simple stuff.

Lol That is exactly what they don't need. You think Florida state's b******* now I have? Why don't you add Miami to that list?
Listen, if they do what they're supposed to do. Listen to the listen to ESPN because the SPS. Me has in trouble right now. And they're not just gonna fault. ESPN will take care of us. It's already been shown that there will be a slush fund from these schools. Coming in for pretty much nothing and guess who gets that money. The freaking teams in our conference. If they want to, they can use that performance aspect. Which could, which would give us fss? You or whoever wants more money, so this is just. Stupidity, they sound like hypocrites. Now depend offer more money, and it's still complaining And ACC network will make a lot more money because of the lack of coverage. On the West Coast, San Francisco Oakland area is tremendously huge. Google all the money they're like. I can think of so many good parts of this deal. There's no more travel problem cause. All of those other programs are not coming in. It's just football and basketball. So what the h*** do they have to lose? I mean, SMU obviously has a lot of support in Dallas. That's another huge tailor which state set a lot of views which h CCI already has a s*** load which would help while potential as since as you see ACC merger.
That's what should be entombed about not South Florida. Or whatever b******* school that was brought up to replace AI brand soul. In effect, they wouldn't be replaced on it all. It would just be another full s*** School worse than Stanford and cow. So it makes no sense again, and there won't be a replacement man if that happened, that would be the beginning of that.

One more thing I read something that you &c will not leave. They are one of the 14th that rejected the last deal. But, you know, they're all in on ACC. What are you kidding me! I guess all in ACC means get the f*** give me the f*** out of here. Because I Don't understand that explanation whatsoever.
. ACC has taken away every negative of this deal and brought in just about as many positives as there ever could be. So obviously there's nothing to lose so do it. I mean, I'm sure you'll sell about Syracuse to get 4 2 9 million more a year. Which is the it's either the low or the high of what they could make with everything I just mentioned.
Let's go back to the biggies so we can eat. So we can make naughty 9 million all together for our department. Yeah, that's good, that's the way to go.

It’s wild in here I tell ya, absolutely wild.

Adding SMU helps with travel cost because you can have centrally hosted meets for some of the non-revenue sports which helps reduce costs. Secondarily, there is the concept of travel partners and pooling of costs which also helps to reduce it. That will be an advantage to Cal/Stanford since they literally can fly out of the same airport.

American Continental Conference ("ACC").

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom