ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 310 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

"As well as receiving a huge donation from boosters since news broke that they'll be joining the ACC, SMU has also seen an influx of recruiting success as they currently hold the No. 8 class in the country for 2025."
Only 43 schools have any recruits, 15 have 1, and 11 have 2. So 43-26= 17 putting SMU just barely in the top half... If you rank by average rating (versus points which makes larger classes ranked high on 247) they are 17th.

I think this SI writer is pushing a bit of a narrative.

Only 43 schools have any recruits, 15 have 1, and 11 have 2. So 43-26= 17 putting SMU just barely in the top half... If you rank by average rating (versus points which makes larger classes ranked high on 247) they are 17th.

I think this SI writer is pushing a bit of a narrative.
1695071444591.png

That's what probably will happen. Stanford won't be in the rotation everyone else is in and their game won't count toward ND's annual "obligation".
Here is what Jim Phillips said the other day about this issue:

(From Hokie Mark's blog)

Q: Will Notre Dame play Stanford annually in addition to the 5-game ACC rotation?

A: No. The contract is clear - 5 games per year, average. The 3 new schools will simply join the rotation. When asked if ND would consider adding more games in the future, Phillips suggested they ask Jack Swarbrick!

After seeing Stanford lose to Sacramento State, think every ACC school will want to play them yearly
Stanford drops off from ND's annual future schedules after next year.

The series expires then. No indication whether it will be renewed.

"As well as receiving a huge donation from boosters since news broke that they'll be joining the ACC, SMU has also seen an influx of recruiting success as they currently hold the No. 8 class in the country for 2025."
And so it begins. It may be a joke to say that FSU and Clemson voted against SMU because they were afraid of having competition for the conference championship. But then again, it may not be.

If I read CBS Sports article on this correctly, SMU also got a separate, single donor commitment of $50mm towards a $100mm end zone complex at their stadium.
Yes. That's been in a couple of press items I've read.

I fully support people doing whatever they choose with their money. Really.

But sometimes, I just don't get it. Like this time. These people could probably cure cancer.

I'll grab my violin and shut up now.
Maybe they donate tens of millions to cancer.

So, did a little digging, they have donated substantially to SMU's Business School, and have various foundations/charitable organizations. They seem to focus on contributing to smaller charitable organizations with small budgets. They are heavily involved in Red Cloud Indian School, Meals on Wheels, an organization for trafficked women and some other lesser-known charities. No cancer orgs, though. sorry.

So, did a little digging, they have donated substantially to SMU's Business School, and have various foundations/charitable organizations. They seem to focus on contributing to smaller charitable organizations with small budgets. They are heavily involved in Red Cloud Indian School, Meals on Wheels, an organization for trafficked women and some other lesser-known charities. No cancer orgs, though. sorry.

So my point stands? I kid.

I really wasn't trying to offend you, or Texas. I just think paying millions of dollars so you can have a better college football team is weird. But they're obviously charitable people.

I knew I should have kept that one to myself.

So my point stands?

I really wasn't trying to offend you, or Texas. I just think paying millions of dollars so you can have a better college football team is weird. But they're obviously charitable people.

I knew I should have kept that one to myself.

You didn't offend me, but the two (giving to your alma mater and giving to cancer research) have nothing to do with each other. There's a lot more weird things people do with their money than give to their alma mater.

And so it begins. It may be a joke to say that FSU and Clemson voted against SMU because they were afraid of having competition for the conference championship. But then again, it may not be.
To use a saying from Texas, those folks "may be all hat and no cattle"!

You have raised an interesting issue. Japanese women historically have had low rates of breast cancer but as soon as they move to Cali and start eating an American diet, their rates skyrocket to those of American women. It is clear that diet is a very big factor in breast, prostate, and colon cancers. The Japanese have higher rates of stomach cancer probably due to raw fish (sushi) and vegetables in their diet. I understand that the longest lived people in the USA are those in the 7th Day Adventist community, many of whom are vegetarians. What this means is that while you can donate $$$ that is not the whole answer to this problem.

You have raised an interesting issue. Japanese women historically have had low rates of breast cancer but as soon as they move to Cali and start eating an American diet, their rates skyrocket to those of American women. It is clear that diet is a very big factor in breast, prostate, and colon cancers. The Japanese have higher rates of stomach cancer probably due to raw fish (sushi) and vegetables in their diet. I understand that the longest lived people in the USA are those in the 7th Day Adventist community, many of whom are vegetarians. What this means is that while you can donate $$$ that is not the whole answer to this problem.

I also watched a video yesterday which Japanese women said that visiting a prostitute is not cheating. Don't know why that matters here, but your post triggered my memory of this video. lol

You didn't offend me, but the two (giving to your alma mater and giving to cancer research) have nothing to do with each other. There's a lot more weird things people do with their money than give to their alma mater.
People can use their $$$ any way they want. To quote a lyric from that old Doors' song "No one here gets out alive".

One last thing about a prior post of mine: ND's support of Stanford was not "tremendous" (my word). The article I read actually said it was "vehement". Read into that what you will. It might have been like an ultimatum, if you don't admit them, don't expect us to stay here, even on a part time basis. I am very glad we expanded, with all three of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom