ACC refs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC refs

if the conference wants to have big time football they should get competent refs. I watch a lot of games Cuse isn't in and weekly the refereeing is atrosious. The SEC or Big 10 doesn't seem to suffer the same What moments in games. Also not to state the obvious but norther ACC teams get the shaft often.
There isn't a team in the SEC or any conference that dosen't complain about the refs, usually the losing team. I'm sure LSU fans are bitching about the last non-call of pass interference against Bama last night. The team I root for in that conference has a history of being screwed by calls that the network announcers in the booth are flabbergasted at. And yes, we lose those games

Lits44 said:
I'm sorry, but this is one of the best jokes that many don't seem to be thinking through completely.

I just got it. Hungover.

The ref's weren't bias but they were incompetent. Maybe the worst thing was on the 3rd and 14 on Duke's first possession of the second quarter. Boone passes to Crowder who was close to the first down marker but clearly short. There was penalty against SU that would not have given them as much yardage or the first down. That penalty was declined. The refs singled 1st down and moved the chains without even measuring. Brian Higgins said that from his view, the ball was a full yard short of a first down.

Last edited:
P-S reported on Duke TD pass on a play that began after the play clock expired. They have a still photo of the clock at 0:00 and he ball on the ground under the center.
B18JG7XIQAArNRZ.jpg

SWC75 said:
The ref's weren't bias but they were incompetent. Maybe the worst thing was on the 3rd and 14 on Duke's first possession of the second quarter. Boone passes to Crowder who was close to the first down marker but clearly short. There was penalty against SU that would not have given them as much yardage or the first down. That penalty was declined. The refs singled 1st down and moved the chains without even measuring. Brian Higgins said that from his view, the ball a s a full yard short of a first down.

That certainly was one BS non call.

xc84 said:
P-S reported on Duke TD pass on a play that began after the play clock expired. They have a still photo of the clock at 0:00 and he ball on the ground under the center.

That certainly was another BS non call.

Crowder waiving his hand on a fair catch and then taking off.
That one drove me crazy yesterday.

orangeinohio said:
Crowder waiving his hand on a fair catch and then taking off. That one drove me crazy yesterday.

One more BS non call.

In the 1st half we got a 3rd down conversion on a play where the snap came after the play clock expiring too. As has been said, I don't think the officiating was overtly one sided, just really bad altogether.

The ref's weren't bias but they were incompetent. Maybe the worst thing was on the 3rd and 14 on Duke's first possession of the second quarter. Boone passes to Crowder who was close to the first down marker but clearly short. There was penalty against SU that would not have given them as much yardage or the first down. That penalty was declined. The refs singled 1st down and moved the chains without even measuring. Brian Higgins said that from his view, the ball a s a full yard short of a first down.
That was ridiculous, and made their bad spot against Gulley seem even worse.

Crowder waiving his hand on a fair catch and then taking off.
That one drove me crazy yesterday.
A bad (non) call which effectively accounted for about 15% of Duke's total offense for the entire game. :bang:

In the 1st half we got a 3rd down conversion on a play where the snap came after the play clock expiring too. As has been said, I don't think the officiating was overtly one sided, just really bad altogether.

ACC officiating has been atrocious for years. One would hope the PTB in the conference offices would grow tired of such poor execution that even broadcast crews point out the numerous in game errors.

CuseOnly said:
I will never understand the clock in college football, drives me insane. Runner/Receiver clearly goes out of bounds so I am thinking the clock should stop but as soon as the ball is spotted the clock starts running. Sometimes happens in the same scenario when the runner isn't even touched so there is not even any grey are and the clock runs. What is going on??

Made me crazy for awhile too, The new college rule this year, that they never mentioned, similar to NFL is that out of bounds does not stop the clock until the last 2 mine of each half. Its all an effort to make the game go faster for the stadium fans and tv.

I think the atrocious officiating towards Syracuse has to do with Shafer's ferocity towards the refs while being a subpar coach. You can't act like Earl Weaver or Billy Martin when you stink.

Let's look at the other noobs... Chryst is rather reserved, not going after officials aggressively, and Petrino gets respect for being a great coach, so they don't get shafted like Syracuse does.
Yes, the refs punish the Orange based on Shafer's coaching abilities. I'm not sure you realize how dumb this sounds.

Made me crazy for awhile too, The new college rule this year, that they never mentioned, similar to NFL is that out of bounds does not stop the clock until the last 2 mine of each half. Its all an effort to make the game go faster for the stadium fans and tv.[/QUOTE

If they want the game to go faster, they should reduce the commercial timeouts. .