ACC tourney preference? | Syracusefan.com

ACC tourney preference?

C

creatorsgam

The WAER broadcast team suggested that it may be better to get a 5/6 seed and have an "easier" consolation game to build confidence as opposed to getting the 4 and playing Duke in the first round. I see their point. However, a tight game against Duke could have the same impact on confidence, as would winning the game (obviously, and that is possible). Granted, the team needs help even with a win on Saturday. In my opinion, I'd rather play Duke. Curious to some other opinions here...

I thought you guys were all crazy then i realized there really is a 5/6 on that Saturday . The "ACC Showcase".
I hope all teams get participation trophies.

The WAER broadcast team suggested that it may be better to get a 5/6 seed and have an "easier" consolation game to build confidence as opposed to getting the 4 and playing Duke in the first round. I see their point. However, a tight game against Duke could have the same impact on confidence, as would winning the game (obviously, and that is possible). Granted, the team needs help even with a win on Saturday. In my opinion, I'd rather play Duke. Curious to some other opinions here...

Duke is a bad matchup for Syracuse and not just at the X. Duke exposed our SSDM big time and we have no one to match up with Myles Jones who killed us but was a disaster to start the season and really struggling. We also dont match up well with there attack either Wolf killed us and is a tough matchup, though now that hes 100% I think Mullins is our best bet on him. The good news is that we will certainly play better if we see them again and Duke loses a ton to graduation again after the year including Wolf, Walsh and most important Fowler.

I thought you guys were all crazy then i realized there really is a 5/6 on that Saturday . The "ACC Showcase".

5/6 game is actually a brilliant move by the ACC, they dont get to advance if they win so I don't see any issue.

JeremyCuse said:
5/6 game is actually a brilliant move by the ACC, they dont get to advance if they win so I don't see any issue.

I guess someone is going to be left out of the ACC tourney next year.

It's like asking whether you want the b'ball team to play in the NCAA or the NIT. Of course we want to have a shot at winning the conference title. The dirty little not-so-secret reason for the conference tourney has been to up each team's RPI. Ours is ridiculously high right now (We are rated higher than Duke???). Losing in this tourney will not hurt our chances at the NCAA.

Classic, Whitey! Participation trophies, and a great chance for injuries in a meaningless game.

I would much rather beat UNC (keep the momentum going) on Saturday and play Duke in the 1st round. In a 3 day/4 team tournament format almost anything can happen, and I'm sure we'll play Duke much tougher this time around. (Virginia nearly played their into the NCAA tournament last year). Who knows if we somehow beat Duke and win the ACC tournament we could become a top 2 or 3 seed. It seems like a switch has turned on with this team since the Duke loss.

Playing Maryland is also a possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom