ACC vs. SEC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC vs. SEC

No hints , come on , the seasons over , the bowl is done , signing day is past , we need something to get us to spring ball.
I don't know what and when the games are. I'm not holding anything out. I just know that the powers-that-be know.

Let's first see if the ACC will be going to a 9-game conference schedule.

Once that's settled and the subsequent, associated, tweaking is done then SU will be in a position to announce it. Even then, they'll choose when to announce it (though things may have leaked by then). I'm of the opinion that SUAD releases the info when they believe that it provides the most benefit to them... not necessarily when the schedule has been set.

Unfortunately, accurate for about 2/3 to 3/4 of the SEC.
but that will be self policed.

lets say the SEC enters into the contract and 7 teams would have to go on the road.

right away fla, ga, bama, lsu, tenn, aub & aTm would say ' shlit'.

and silve would tell ark, scar, ole miss, miss st, vandy, kent & mizzou...gentlemen, pack your bags.

maybe aTm as a newbie wouldnt be able to stay home and 1 spot could be rotated in and out.

but at least fla & ga would 'travel'.

This would be interesting...

http://espn.go.com/college-football...yes-schedule-includes-one-sec-game-every-year

My guess is that it never comes to pass, but I hope to be wrong.

I would just like to see ALL teams (good/bad, north/south, east/west) stop scheduling for success and/or profit and just sign contracts for 12 or 13 or 14 REAL games per year.

* To have FCS games count is a travesty of sport.

* For large schools with leverage to declare "we have to schedule 8 home games" is a joke.

* For P5 teams to schedule like whimps is embarrassing. Examples of this in 2013 (played one or less "real" OOC opponent) were Rutgers, Wake, BC, Maryland, Tennessee, Mizzou, Kentucky, Nebraska, Arizona. There are likely more, but I got tired of clicking links.

I hope someday the P5 can get together and come up with some sort of NFL-esk scheduling model (after the conference schedule of course).
What is wrong with making revenue by scheduling home games? It has worked well for the hoops program. What is wrong with fcs programs getting both a payday, and a chance to knock off a big boy? Those kids will remember it the rest of their life. This is college football, not the pros. Would you like less home games for the cuse (6per year max)? I like many aspects of the NCAA brand of scheduling/conference practices, etc. and the parts I don't like, are great topics to debate with buddies.

People this makes a lot of sense. Look at who the sugar daddy is for the SEC and ACC. It is ESPN. ESPN would control all of these games on its platforms, and don't think some of these games wouldn't fall down the SEC and potential ACC Network to help get those channels on in more states.

Clemson - South Carolina
Georgia Tech - Georgia
Florida St/Miami - Florida
Louisville - Kentucky
These games would be locks. FSU/Miami could rotate Florida and allow FSU to play Alabama for 2 years potentially allow Florida-Miami to play a couple of times.

That would leave Syracuse, Boston College, Wake Forest, Miami, Virginia, Virginia Tech, NC State, North Carolina, Duke, Pittsburgh from the ACC

Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Alabama, LSU, Missouri, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt from the SEC.

None of these matchups would be locked in yearly, and I bet a lot of them would be played as neutral site affairs as ACC home games. Like LSU would play Syracuse at Metlife one year, Alabama would play Duke/Wake Forest at Charlotte Bank of America Stadium.

If the SEC will agree to this type of collaboration it makes too much sense.

I don't want to be locked into playing Missouri every year.
We won't...I see teams rotating among those schools without fixed rivals (i.e USC vs Clemson).

I see MetLife asking and getting Cuse vs. Bama and UT

We won't...I see teams rotating among those schools without fixed rivals (i.e USC vs Clemson).

I see MetLife asking and getting Cuse vs. Bama and UT
I can see LSU in that mix, too. LSU will take on anyone, anywhere. Besides, get a 1-1-1 deal and we would just HAVE to have an away game tailgate in Baton Rouge!

I think the FCS schools would bitch about missing out on the payday that comes with getting your ass handed to you by a P5 school.

Exactly right. Neither part of D-1 will vote to end the playing these games because D-1A needs the win and D-1AA needs the money.

I'm fine with this as long as SU doesn't get stuck playing one school the whole time, rotate the schools that are not already playing rivalry games. Make it a home and home and not a there and neutral or neutral only.

I would love to see different SEC teams come play in the Dome every other year. Could definitely see a proviso where if the SEC signs the deal, the away games against Syracuse and BC would have to be played at NFL stadia instead. That would of course be totally unacceptable (sorry UEO, I want to get to good bowl games).

On a related note, I believe Tennessee just backed out on a home and home series with UConn. SEC schools don't play north of the Mason-Dixon line very often.

This works out for Florida as they still don't have to play a school outside of Florida OOC at their place. 1991, imagine if SU basketball did that?

There is more than meets the eye in this proposal. Implicit at a deeper level is a strategic alliance when it comes to lobbying by conferences to get their teams placed in the 4 team playoff. I seems that the SEC could use ACC media footprint and connections as they are probably always going to be vying to place a second team as more of their teams at that level. The ACC does get to co-opt some SEC power and prestige when it comes to football and could see help in Basketball seeding when it comes to the Big Dance as a side benefit.

What I see is ESPN starting to leverage the inventory they have. Think about it. You have a stable of football brands that are household names when you combine the ACC and SEC. You 3 of the top 5 programs of all time in UK, Carolina and Duke. You have 2 top ten programs of all time with U of L and Cuse. You have at the very least a top 20 program of all time in State. And, you have UF, ND, Pitt, Vandy and Arkansas. If you throw in Olympic sports the ACC has that covered. SEC helps with w. basketball and baseball. Fox, BTN and NBC sports can't compete with that. They can't produce the match-ups that carry the most interest. Aside from OSU-Mich and Texas-OU, their inventory is lacking. Basketball isn't even close.

The interesting thing about this is the new SEC network, and the talk of an ACC network. Combine all the sports from these 2 conferences, and the ability to schedule, you can create a lot of filler for both networks. Maximizing profit at a minimal cost to produce.

I don't want to be locked into playing Missouri every year.
Missouri is so good haha. I just looked up Brantleys stats and he is solid for them. Kind of sucks for us but it is what it is.

This works out for Florida as they still don't have to play a school outside of Florida OOC at their place. 1991, imagine if SU basketball did that?
They'll head to TX to play Michigan in 2017. Their first non-bowl, out-of-state, OOC game since their loss at the Dome.

I expect to be there.

They'll head to TX to play Michigan in 2017. Their first non-bowl, out-of-state, OOC game since their loss at the Dome.

I expect to be there.
I am already cheering for Michigan.

Just think, if Florida loses it will have a 25year streak of failing to beat an Out Of State OOC team in a regular season game!

all the sec has to agree too is 5 other acc-sec games that rotate. then you get 4 yearly sec-acc games, 5 games vs ND, 5 rotating acc-sec matchups and you get the equivalent of 9 game conference schedule. * acc and 1 rotating between nd and sec

I expect to be there.

Amazing that they haven't been called on this from ESPN, wonder why? A neutral game in Texas and yet people complain they can't have a playoff because the fans can't continue to travel and yet a game in Texas from Michigan and Florida.

Oh course they probably saw the TV rankings SU/Minny got from the Texas Bowl and wanted in on that action!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom