ACC | Syracusefan.com

ACC

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Six Top 25 Teams

Three Top Ten Teams

Safe to say the CFB landscape has shifted to a 3 Conference horse race? SEC, ACC and the B1G?

Six Top 25 Teams

Three Top Ten Teams

Safe to say the CFB landscape has shifted to a 3 Conference horse race? SEC, ACC and the B1G?

Agreed. I think it's inevitable though that the PAC will be back within the next 5 years if they don't collapse, though.

Agreed. I think it's inevitable though that the PAC will be back within the next 5 years if they don't collapse, though.
50/50 on that. They need to figure out how to market themselves to the East Coast and they also desperately need USC and Oregon to be really good.

50/50 on that. They need to figure out how to market themselves to the East Coast and they also desperately need USC and Oregon to be really good.

I think Washington's the real deal and they have several other teams with major national pull recruitment wise. It's just a matter of time.

PAC12 won't collapse... geography is their curse and their friend.

I could see the remnants of the Big 12 cobbling a best of the rest Power Conference and adding a few AAC or MWC teams

Notre Dame is huge in how this plays out...

PAC12 won't collapse... geography is their curse and their friend.

I could see the remnants of the Big 12 cobbling a best of the rest Power Conference and adding a few AAC or MWC teams

Notre Dame is huge in how this plays out...
ND by contract can't go anywhere else but the ACC, just a matter of who we can add with them.

Add Texas and ND to the Coastal and move Pitt to our division.

I feel like it should be ND and WVU added. WVU makes sense logistically. There is history and it just makes sense.

Reactions: gbo
ND by contract can't go anywhere else but the ACC, just a matter of who we can add with them.

Add Texas and ND to the Coastal and move Pitt to our division.
In the unlikely event that this ever happens. . .

It would not be good for SU. We would see the teams in the other division so seldom, they might as well be in a different conference. And that would include Miami and VT, as well as ND and Texas.

In the unlikely event that this ever happens. . .

It would not be good for SU. We would see the teams in the other division so seldom, they might as well be in a different conference. And that would include Miami and VT, as well as ND and Texas.
You'd actually see them more often.

You could have four pods of four. You play your own pod every year plus one of the other pods on a rotating basis then add 1 (8-game schedule) or 2 (9-game schedule) more from the other pods. You'd play every other conference team at least once every 3 years instead of every 6 years as we have today.

You'd actually see them more often.

You could have four pods of four. You play your own pod every year plus one of the other pods on a rotating basis then add 1 (8-game schedule) or 2 (9-game schedule) more from the other pods. You'd play every other conference team at least once every 3 years instead of every 6 years as we have today.
So, with 4 schools in each pod, you would have 3 permanent opponents, which sounds like a variation of 3-5-5. And that was voted down by the NCAA membership. Would the vote be different because all of the leagues would be in similar situations.

And how would the league champion be determined?

I know that playing a very improved and tough VT next week is going to be a huge challenge especially after watching them shut down the NC offense. This is one tough league overall and there are no breaks.

So, with 4 schools in each pod, you would have 3 permanent opponents, which sounds like a variation of 3-5-5. And that was voted down by the NCAA membership. Would the vote be different because all of the leagues would be in similar situations.

And how would the league champion be determined?
The league champion is the winner of the ACC Championship Game, as it is today.
Divisions consist of rotating pods.
Year One the divisions are pods A&B and C&D.
Year Two the divisions are pods A&C and B&D.
Year Three the divisions are pods A&D and B&C.
Repeat...

The league champion is the winner of the ACC Championship Game, as it is today.
Divisions consist of rotating pods.
Year One the divisions are pods A&B and C&D.
Year Two the divisions are pods A&C and B&D.
Year Three the divisions are pods A&D and B&C.
Repeat...

In theory this works, but agreeing upon which two teams to add and what 4 teams are in each pod is the nightmare. The devil is always in the details. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

In theory this works, but agreeing upon which two teams to add and what 4 teams are in each pod is the nightmare. The devil is always in the details. ;)

Cheers,
Neil
And, even if the Big XII implodes, how would those schools fit into the ACC? WVa would want in, but they've been rebuffed more than once already. The rest are geographic misfits (Louisville exception? ), even if they were interested in joining.

As to ND--I just don't see it. They will pray for the playoff to expand to 8, and probably get their wish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom