AD Wildhack On The No Call | Syracusefan.com

AD Wildhack On The No Call

BVille44

All Conference
In response to a question about the non holding call from Steve Infanti:

Candidly, when you have a call like that, and it’s that egregious, and we were on the opposite side all the way up in the visiting AD suite – with three other guys who played college football (and) we spotted it live immediately.

I mean, it was obvious and it’s right in front of the official. I’ve been in rules seminars with the NFL for 25 years, and the rule of thumb is, in a close game you’re not going to call unless it’s egregious. It can affect the outcome of the play that was both egregious and affected the outcome of the play. I’m disappointed it wasn’t called. I did exchange notes with the (ACC) Commissioner Sunday morning. We sent in that clip and a couple other clips to the ACC office yesterday, which is standard protocol, but I just I think, we deserved better. And I think all 14 ACC schools deserve better.

Meanwhile... in Greensboro

muppets-twoold.gif

In response to a question about the non holding call from Steve Infanti:

Candidly, when you have a call like that, and it’s that egregious, and we were on the opposite side all the way up in the visiting AD suite – with three other guys who played college football (and) we spotted it live immediately.

I mean, it was obvious and it’s right in front of the official. I’ve been in rules seminars with the NFL for 25 years, and the rule of thumb is, in a close game you’re not going to call unless it’s egregious. It can affect the outcome of the play that was both egregious and affected the outcome of the play. I’m disappointed it wasn’t called. I did exchange notes with the (ACC) Commissioner Sunday morning. We sent in that clip and a couple other clips to the ACC office yesterday, which is standard protocol, but I just I think, we deserved better. And I think all 14 ACC schools deserve better.

He's 100% right.

Glad he went on record with those comments, because all of the posters trying to downplay how blatant that missed call was were 100% wrong

He also talked about Dino getting flagged against Jersey St. when “Schiano was going on a rant for 3 minutes”. Then he caught himself and didn’t go further.
This is a big deal, IMO.

It means he thinks we are much closer to 5-0 (and probably should be) than to 3-2. That matters a great deal for Babers' job status. Unless the wheels completely fall off, I don't see any way he's getting fired this year. Those 2 L's will be counted more as W's in the determination. I approve.

I stopped watching college basketball about 20 years ago because I got tired of seeing referees decide games through the use of loosely-defined rules and arbitrary enforcement. Quit it cold turkey after starting at about the time Boeheim took over. Hopefully someone finds a way to bring some pain to this crapshow. I wish, anyway.

Great. But nothing will change. It will happen again versus Clemson and if the game is on the line the call is going to Clemson.
I dont agree. You call them out and keep calling them out. Louder and more broad media based each time it happens as it will make a difference. If it can make a difference against unjust social issues it can certainly make a difference in something as insignificant as refs on a football game. Going public is the only way to effectively change this type of behavior regardless of the issue.
Glad to see JW call it out.

This is a big deal, IMO.

It means he thinks we are much closer to 5-0 (and probably should be) than to 3-2. That matters a great deal for Babers' job status. Unless the wheels completely fall off, I don't see any way he's getting fired this year. Those 2 L's will be counted more as W's in the determination. I approve.

I stopped watching college basketball about 20 years ago because I got tired of seeing referees decide games through the use of loosely-defined rules and arbitrary enforcement. Quit it cold turkey after starting at about the time Boeheim took over. Hopefully someone finds a way to bring some pain to this crapshow. I wish, anyway.
I can tell you the exact moment I went from die hard Cuse basketball fan to “I keep an eye on the sport”

Cuse vs Ohio State in a he NCAA tournament in the Bernie Fine aftermath. The refs got their marching orders and it was clear we were not to advance.

Football is getting close for me. The game has to have integrity. Missed calls are one thing. Blatant finger on the scale repeatedly? Garbage. Can’t waste time on it.

there was no clear video evidence that one of his knees wasnt down and it was called short on the field, it would have to be obvious for them to overturn
Yeah it’s just a shocker that despite the ball going over the goal line during the play on his second effort that they said he was short.

Yeah it’s just a shocker that despite the ball going over the goal line during the play on his second effort that they said he was short.
they could of whistled the play dead before then also

devil's advocate. Wax can been seen committing possibly his second personal foul after some excessive contact getting off the pile during punt coverage. delivers what appears to be a late blow to the head to a nole lying on his back after the whistle. (maybe someone can post the replay i can't). that possibly might have led to his disqualification long before the holding call. some people will also suggest he pulled up on the sidelines run to avoid another call. lotta plays go into a game. 1 call doesn't usually decide it. unless of course you're talking about the pass interference call in the Tennessee game. i was there ! screw job !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom