AD Wildhack On The No Call | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

AD Wildhack On The No Call

1633712924085.png

Discipline the moron crew. Suspend them. Dock their pay. Do something.
All referees from this level down to HS are evaluated and graded based on in game performance. Their assignments are impacted by those grades, including their ongoing certification to ref at that level. Just because that process is not made public does not mean that there is an absence of accountability, training, and corrective action when necessary. There is, but you are not going to have a pound of flesh.

No one's asking for a pound of flesh. We want accuracy, competency and accountability. The same things most employers require of their employees. I would like to see the number of referees annually who failed to have their contracts renewed by the ACC because of repeated errors. I would bet the number is very low. If you permit the appearance of impropriety people will believe the system is tainted. Check their bank accounts while you're at it.

No one's asking for a pound of flesh. We want accuracy, competency and accountability. The same things most employers require of their employees. I would like to see the number of referees annually who failed to have their contracts renewed by the ACC because of repeated errors. I would bet the number is very low. If you permit the appearance of impropriety people will believe the system is tainted. Check their bank accounts while you're at it.

The guy behind them are likely worse. It just is what it is. And make the job more miserable less people will do it.

In response to a question about the non holding call from Steve Infanti:

Candidly, when you have a call like that, and it’s that egregious, and we were on the opposite side all the way up in the visiting AD suite – with three other guys who played college football (and) we spotted it live immediately.

I mean, it was obvious and it’s right in front of the official. I’ve been in rules seminars with the NFL for 25 years, and the rule of thumb is, in a close game you’re not going to call unless it’s egregious. It can affect the outcome of the play that was both egregious and affected the outcome of the play. I’m disappointed it wasn’t called. I did exchange notes with the (ACC) Commissioner Sunday morning. We sent in that clip and a couple other clips to the ACC office yesterday, which is standard protocol, but I just I think, we deserved better. And I think all 14 ACC schools deserve better.
I have a question. Babers sends in three questionable calls each week and the ACC gets back to him and either agrees or disagrees with him. What is the ultimate purpose of this?

Does the ACC punish the Refs for the bad calls? Do they have re-education for refs? Do they fine the refs? Do they keep track of offending refs? Do they weed out the bad refs? That must be some database. Educate me my football expert friends.

I have a question. Babers sends in three questionable calls each week and the ACC gets back to him and either agrees or disagrees with him. What is the ultimate purpose of this?

Does the ACC punish the Refs for the bad calls? Do they have re-education for refs? Do they fine the refs? Do they keep track of offending refs? Do they weed out the bad refs? That must be some database. Educate me my football expert friends.
They get put on double secret probation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom