Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So not only is everyone employed by SU an idiot, but all of their donors are too? Except Saint Adam?

Got it.
If you took that from anything I said you really need to reread everything that I wrote because that was never implied and is just stupid. I’m blown away that’s what you took from what I said.

If you took that from anything I said you really need to reread everything that I wrote because that was never implied and is just stupid. I’m blown away that’s what you took from what I said.
You think they bungled the situation with Weitsman, that other donors are just jealous of him, and that they’ve also not done anything right for years.

What was I supposed to take from what you said?

It’s funny that none of Weitsman’s fans respond about his utter lack of funding for facilities, or endowed positions, or scholarships. I’ve mentioned that a dozen times and not a peep.

You think they bungled the situation with Weitsman, that other donors are just jealous of him, and that they’ve also not done anything right for years.

What was I supposed to take from what you said?

It’s funny that none of Weitsman’s fans respond about his utter lack of funding for facilities, or endowed positions, or scholarships. I’ve mentioned that a dozen times and not a peep.
“But he’s number 2 on the donor list.” The guy is all smoke and mirrors. Everything he does is for a wow factor and roi. It really is a shame cause he could have done some really good things for the university that would have lasted longer then the guy who brought some flash in the pan rapper to a basketball game.

I think things changed when the NCAA issued its statement in February that they were going to ramp up enforcement of NIL abuses. The reiterated that boosters CANNOT be involved in recruiting and that they would no longer require a smoking gun to launch investigations.

I have been a strong proponent of Adam on this forum from the beginning and have cited his philanthropic initiatives repeatedly. I respect and appreciate his efforts to own up to past failures and to support the community.

But no matter how much you squint and cite the letter of the law, Adam was recruiting for Syracuse and doing it in a very high profile manner.
Thank you. I didn't realize the ncaa had come out with that. Has the ncaa actually sanctioned any teams for breaking nil rules?

Nor have any of them attempted to explain Boeheim's comments to Thamel about his bestie. I guess they must have talked about other stuff and Jim just didn't know about all of amazing deals that were being made.

Over the past few years and more if you add football in, I give zero benefit of the doubt to the university at this point. When I see positive actions being done I’ll change my opinion, as of right now there are so many questions that we don’t have answers to, sometime I’m sure we’ll get some answers but not all of them.

All I know is that this is the beginning, when the super conferences happen we could be standing on the outside looking in. There is so much going on in college sports and we seem to be not very proactive in any changes happening.

This is the conundrum we are in. If this ordeal wasn't the icing on top of many issues and concerns then sure. There is however a trend of odd handling of situations that has placed programs and the school in positions very few would be envious of.

I do think we have reached the point though where there is no longer a point for AW and others that are carrying his message to keep pushing. It's maxed out and is now on that edge if not already being too much. The school would be at major risk to respond outside of a general statement to it's commitment to the success and standards of our athletic programs. If AW and company want to make their point in Mid May when it's clear we either are making things happen in this space or we aren't and that missing piece could be his contribution then sure have at it. For now though the timing of this sucks with a new coach trying to work through a difficult landscape. None of it is helpful and it's a bad look. The media's job is to be mostly objective and I would argue the combination of statements and articles is extremely counter productive.

I'll just tack on that a behind the scenes conversation would be a welcome course correction to all of this even if by proxy or via JB etc. Mend fences, find a compromise but don't do it so out in the open where it can put additional strain on the hoops program and staff to do their job effectively. That part to me is what I don't understand. What can possibly be done publicly by anyone except Red getting commitments to clean up this circus?

I don't think the circus will stop anytime soon. If their press release on Inside the Loudhouse is any indication, I don't think AW has any real appetite to mend fences. It looks like they are turning the screws.

I don't think the circus will stop anytime soon. If their press release on Inside the Loudhouse is any indication, I don't think AW has any real appetite to mend fences. It looks like they are turning the screws.

Not sure I've got a read on intent. AW has added comments that he has told other schools that reached out to kindly go kick rocks. I would say the problem is actions in the moment more than anything. To go to the over used business cliche- take it offline. Even if offline means it's a year to do so.

I know I'm beating a dead horse myself but the fact the rift is now a matter of public discussion is my issue. I don't think that there was a well thought out end game to the messaging that is aggressively coming at the university here. The best possible thing from a hoops perspective is for this specific issue/disagreement to go quiet for a little while giving Red time to establish the roster for next year. I don't agree that there is harmful intentions from the AW side reading through everything but intent and outcomes don't always align. Again at this point mending fences, if the desire is there must be a silent game. There is no right way publicly to handle this in the short term outside positive news via the portal as that extends positivity outward.

Last thing- just imagine being a student or not so highly paid employee in the SUAD right now with all of this circling around. You don't have a role in it but also have no way of answering questions or having any influence.

This isn't a 1 to 1 but I went through hell of similar challenge during the great recession. Questions from everyone around, questions of future job status and then nasty stuff and commentary from the public who only knew your company and by association, you, to be inept, greedy and many other adjectives. Meanwhile you could not address it nor could those above you due to much greater implications as a result. There were few options to seek out other employment commensurate with pay. It was a matter of sticking it out. I even dealt with someone leaking my own and teams names in Washington Post article that misrepresented an audit finding. The public circus helps absolutely no one in all this. Is that over the top and defeatist? Maybe it is. The mud slinging and posturing amass needs to take a long time out.

Not sure I've got a read on intent. AW has added comments that he has told other schools that reached out to kindly go kick rocks. I would say the problem is actions in the moment more than anything. To go to the over used business cliche- take it offline. Even if offline means it's a year to do so.

I know I'm beating a dead horse myself but the fact the rift is now a matter of public discussion is my issue. I don't think that there was a well thought out end game to the messaging that is aggressively coming at the university here. The best possible thing from a hoops perspective is for this specific issue/disagreement to go quiet for a little while giving Red time to establish the roster for next year. I don't agree that there is harmful intentions from the AW side reading through everything but intent and outcomes don't always align. Again at this point mending fences, if the desire is there must be a silent game. There is no right way publicly to handle this in the short term outside positive news via the portal as that extends positivity outward.
AW should have kept his mouth shut, simple as that. Some things are better left unsaid, if he is such a super fan and cares so much he wouldn’t have put the University in such a bad position by going public. As others have said he is full of crap

AW should have kept his mouth shut, simple as that. Some things are better left unsaid, if he is such a super fan and cares so much he wouldn’t have put the University in such a bad position by going public. As others have said he is full of crap

That's a fair take. I'm staying out of the assessment or opinion of AW... but the actions of recent and mini media blitz I'm calling out.

It’s a big difference. The names on buildings aren’t promoting someone hocking NFTs or crypto to bros on Insta. They’re about a legacy.

But find me one building that he threw money at anyway. Or an endowed coaching position or scholarship.

That’s the difference too. The vast majority of people who donate big money to SU aren’t doing it for ROI. They’re doing it because they believe in the mission of the university.
Mic drop

I would not mind being introduced to them.
Nice to look at, for sure. However, I made the mistake of looking them up online (annoying as hell). But again, nice to look at.

It's sort of the problem now days with "influencers" and the look at me mentality that many young people have (and in Adam's case - older dudes too).

Last edited:
I really wish AW and Jesse could have left without the noise. I would bet it would have served both of them more in the long run to do so, but what are you going to do.

No one cares about this outside of a specific and relatively small community in the grand scheme of things. This isn't changing the way the world rotates, no one is winning nobel prizes...

"You'll stop caring what people think about you when you realize how seldom they do."

Hope AW continues on his philanthropic efforts for whatever community he chooses and I hope Jesse finds whatever he needs to find in Morgantown.

Cuse has work to do and our coaches and supporters are out there working to get it done without shouting into a microphone.

How about we stop talking about this guy? He said he was done with Syracuse Basketball as far as NIL and attendance goes...so let's be done talking about him. Guy isn't even close to being our biggest donor, he wasn't going to "save" anything regarding Jesse and besides choppa (still some grey area if he even helped with it), he didn't bring in or help.

Nice to look at, for sure. However, I made the mistake of looking them up online (annoying as hell). But again, nice to look at.

It's sort of the problem now days with "influencers" and the look at me mentality that many young people have (and in Adam's case - older dudes too).

Could not agree more. I watched some of the UM tournament game against Indiana. Can't recall which twin it was - but she was unbearable to watch. To look at - obviously a different story.

FYI Dean's new pod is a good listen. Don't bother with the complaint fest that is the squares but most recent pod has some good stuff on it including a nugget on Cisse. Between that and Reds pod much more productive things to listen and focus on.

“But he’s number 2 on the donor list.” The guy is all smoke and mirrors. Everything he does is for a wow factor and roi. It really is a shame cause he could have done some really good things for the university that would have lasted longer then the guy who brought some flash in the pan rapper to a basketball game.
Fabolous has had a successful career for over 2 decades.

th

It’s our new sugar daddy and his companies new suite.
The guy who actually stepped up to put his name on top of the dome?

He got an insta? Who will be the first paid celebrity the he pays to sit with him? I'm excited.

FYI Dean's new pod is a good listen. Don't bother with the complaint fest that is the squares but most recent pod has some good stuff on it including a nugget on Cisse. Between that and Reds pod much more productive things to listen and focus on.
Red's appearance on Rothstein was basically 15 minutes of words that meant nothing.

Planning on grabbing a guard and a center between now and November is about it but that isn't hard to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.