Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats happening with his basketball seats and box for football?
I would hope that the gentleman who has the 4 seats at the other end of the table gets first shot. From what I’ve witnessed, the fans in those 4 seats are actually into what is happening on the court during the game.

As for the box, I would think that they just revert it back to the Executive Club and invite the fans that were displaced back.

Last edited:
I would hope that the gentleman who has the 4 seats at the other end of the table gets first shot. From what I’ve witnessed, the fans in those 4 seats are actually into what is happening during the game.

As for the box, I would think that they just revert it back to the Executive Club and invite the fans that were displaced back.

Yeah I don’t think they had any issues selling season tix (or whatever they called them) to the Executive Club. I sat there for a basketball game once and it was a great experience. Elevated suite seating.

Adam frequently referred to Jim as his "best friend," but Jim never referred to Adam that way. Based on what I know, Adam would not have ranked in the top 100 of Jim's best friends. I'm not going to name any non-public people (i.e. private citizens who are not in the spotlight), but there are scores of them whom Jim would consider closer friends. And, even in the public spotlight, there are many folks who Jim would consider closer friends, e.g. Dave Bing, PJ Carlisimo, Carmelo and countless more.
Adam calls everyone his bf

I literally stopped reading after “NIL expert”. There is no such thing.

How do you qualify that statement?

This is from his law practice website... Assuming it's true, he kinda looks like an expert.

In 2019, Heitner was asked to help draft and support legislation in the State of Florida to allow, for the first time, college athletes to earn money from their names, images and likenesses. In early 2020, the legislation passed both the Florida House and Senate on its way to becoming law, causing Florida to be the first state to make effective an NIL law with a July 1, 2021 effective date.​
Heitner was extensively counted on and quoted thereafter with regard to NIL and was a leading voice in the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s decision in the case of NCAA v. Alston.​
Many athletes, agents, brands, and universities have counted on Heitner for guidance on NIL since July 1, 2021.​

How do you qualify that statement?

This is from his law practice website... Assuming it's true, he kinda looks like an expert.

In 2019, Heitner was asked to help draft and support legislation in the State of Florida to allow, for the first time, college athletes to earn money from their names, images and likenesses. In early 2020, the legislation passed both the Florida House and Senate on its way to becoming law, causing Florida to be the first state to make effective an NIL law with a July 1, 2021 effective date.​
Heitner was extensively counted on and quoted thereafter with regard to NIL and was a leading voice in the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s decision in the case of NCAA v. Alston.​
Many athletes, agents, brands, and universities have counted on Heitner for guidance on NIL since July 1, 2021.​
Hooray. NIL isn’t what it was even 6 months ago, let alone 3 years ago.

Weitsman pays him. I don’t care what he says.

And I see your like kcsu . Wanna reply to my posts?

Thank you for saying this. I for one am sick to death of Weitsman being portrayed as THE guy behind SU athletics.

He’s not. As far as I know, he didn’t donate to facilities and he didn’t endow any coaching positions or scholarships.

That’s the stuff that matters and lasts.

Weitsman wanted to be flashy, bring attention to himself and be adored. He’s desperate for adoration. Just because he does some things privately doesn’t change that.

Anytime he wants to fund the construction of a needed building or throw a few million at paying our assistants better, he’s welcome to. I doubt he ever would.
Is this the post that you wanted a reply to? If so, why do you have a problem with what he did do to help SU athletes and the department? Are you in the same camp as Kent in that Flashy doesn't work for you or do you have anything concrete on what he specifically did that put Syracuse in jeopardy? Just because you don't like his style or approach shouldn't matter. If on the other hand, he has done something to actually put Syracuse in jeopardy that you and others allude to that would make sense. Which is it?

Is this the post that you wanted a reply to? If so, why do you have a problem with what he did do to help SU athletes and the department? Are you in the same camp as Kent in that Flashy doesn't work for you or do you have anything concrete on what he specifically did that put Syracuse in jeopardy? Just because you don't like his style or approach shouldn't matter. If on the other hand, he has done something to actually put Syracuse in jeopardy that you and others allude to that would make sense. Which is it?
No, the one before it where I told you that you were wrong. Where I noted that it’s well known now that the administration was very very concerned that his behavior was putting us at risk. Just because you say it doesn’t matter doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter.

Hooray. NIL isn’t what it was even 6 months ago, let alone 3 years ago.

Weitsman pays him. I don’t care what he says.

And I see your like kcsu . Wanna reply to my posts?

You want to argue Heitner is biased because he's got irons in the fire with NIL whales, no problem... I'd agree.

NIL is a contract business and the experts are the contract lawyers structuring the deals and ensuring the legal requirements are met... It's their business to be experts.
This guy is retained by whales for NIL contract writing as well as universities for NIL guidance and compliance.

Your statement "There are no NIL experts“ is simply preposterous and that's what I took issue with.

No, the one before it where I told you that you were wrong. Where I noted that it’s well known now that the administration was very very concerned that his behavior was putting us at risk. Just because you say it doesn’t matter doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter.
If he was in fact putting us at risk, then of course it matters. I'm going by the articles that have been published stating that he doesn't buy a slice of pizza for a kid without passing it by compliance.

If he was in fact putting us at risk, then of course it matters. I'm going by the articles that have been published stating that he doesn't buy a slice of pizza for a kid without passing it by compliance.
Of course he was putting us at risk. Do you really think SU just randomly distanced itself from him for kicks and giggles? Come on.

I’m glad the guy did nice things for your family. I’m glad the guy donates money to charity. But his relationship with SU has been self serving and potentially dangerous for the school.

He could be a regular donor, fund facilities, endow coaching positions, buy seats, and contribute to an NIL collective. He has chosen not to do that.

You want to argue Heitner is biased because he's got irons in the fire with NIL whales, no problem... I'd agree.

NIL is a contract business and the experts are the contract lawyers structuring the deals and ensuring the legal requirements are met... It's their business to be experts.
This guy is retained by whales for NIL contract writing as well as universities for NIL guidance and compliance.

Your statement "There are no NIL experts“ is simply preposterous and that's what I took issue with.
I hear ya. Honestly it’s mostly because the article you posted was published by Weitsman’s blogger fanboy quoting his highly compensated attorney.

The guy’s Insta feed is like a Harvard Business Review masterclass on cliche douchiness.

Rise and grind, bros!

If you had to pick between a million dollars now, and 100,000 dollars in ten annual installments which would you pick?

Personally I would rather pay my teacher five thousand dolllars a month for the knowledge I get to earn EVN MORE over my lifetime. Plus regular payments will make me even HUNGRIER and force me to keep my EDGE so that I can keep up with the GRIND.

Of course he was putting us at risk. Do you really think SU just randomly distanced itself from him for kicks and giggles? Come on.

I’m glad the guy did nice things for your family. I’m glad the guy donates money to charity. But his relationship with SU has been self serving and potentially dangerous for the school.

He could be a regular donor, fund facilities, endow coaching positions, buy seats, and contribute to an NIL collective. He has chosen not to do that.
Im 100% behind this if he actually broke the rules. Im not if its a style issue.

Im 100% behind this if he actually broke the rules. Im not if its a style issue.
The style is what put us at risk. His attention hoaring and related behavior is *precisely* the kind of thing that the NCAA warned everyone about a few months ago.

I mean the NCAA literally said they’ll be applying a “guilty until you prove yourself innocent” standard towards the things he’s been doing.

The fact that people here are still all “what did he do?” Is either willful ignorance or stupendous naïveté.

Status
Not open for further replies.