Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End

I don’t think that’s a true statement.
JB has done a lot for a lot of people and that includes myself.

I'm talking about with respect to his own self-interests related to his job. That is unequivocally true, as evidenced by past behavior.

I in no way apply that to work he's done off the court, in the community, fundraising for CvC, etc.

Seems an odd thing to be concerned about, especially after some of the cringy pcs over the last however many seasons.
Exactly, just don't make the headlines on ESPN.com and we'll call it good, Coach Autry.

I don't know what do say ...

One hand sad that JB went out the way he did not only the last couple of seasons but the PC today...
On another hand I am happy for Red and hope he succeeds here and he needs to get started now...
On another hand extremely frustrated that we didn't exhaust all options to find a replacement and took the easy way out...
On another hand excited for change...
You've got hand.

Sad it ended the way it did but what a career JB had and all that he's accomplished. Congrats to RED and excited for the next chapter of Syracuse Basketball. I was told awhile ago it was Red but didn't expect it so quickly after the loss...definitely curious what the rest of the staff will look like. What a run it's been! Red needs to work immediately on keeping guys and get after the transfer portal!

Thank you coach. !!!
CBCA7450-4C61-4DE4-9D54-35E865A4B895.jpeg

I'm glad the fair weather fans got what they wanted. Can't wait for the Louisville-level slide into last place for many years to come. Or at least until we can pick from the HOF coaches tree that want to come to Syracuse NY.
Fair weather fans? Where’ve you been while I’ve been building up this stupid post total?

Would you be saying this about Gerry? Bad take.
No I wouldn’t. I’ve also heard Gerry on the radio and don’t feel the same way. However, much like someone else just said, perhaps some coaching via Newhouse etc would help.

Terrible, Kevin Ollie all over again.
Name one way they are similar, other than both were assistants. I’d guess this is all worry, with no factual basis for this post. Give him a chance, he might succeed!

I hope I’m wrong but this could be grob 2.0. They could have hired anyone.
“Hired anyone”? This isn’t football coaching. You can do a national search and you’ll end up with a great mid major coach who could be good, or not. You’re not stealing anyone away from where they’re comfortable, we couldn’t even get Ed Cooley if we wanted him.

I almost wish he had another year.

I try to feel indifferent toward the program, but this is just so sad that this is how it ended. I hope the University gives him a job or something to do. Let him work in the football offices though.
Actually that's a good idea. Have him meet football recruits.

professional PR/Media training is a thing if needed... my guess is Newhouse has plenty of people who could do this. Color me not concerned (unless he's as stubborn as our last coach, LOL).
Just like every new plant manager at my company gets executive training, I’m quite sure new P5 head coaches get exec level communications training.

Several interesting questions remain:

How long ago did the university decide to move on?
Were there negotiations?
When was Boeheim told?
When was Adrian Autry offered?
What have Boeheim and Autry been saying to each other?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom