AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE?

Yikes. Seems to me they have two options:
1. Recreate the belt and just deny this story as a false rumor.

2. Somehow make it into a storyline?

Too bad.

Jericho’s backstage stuff after winning the title was pure gold.

Jericho's belt was stolen while he was eating at Longhorn Steakhouse.

Or...it could be a work. It SEEMS like a work. Hmmm, wonder if the belt makes its next appearance at the first TV episode in order to set up Jericho's next challenger.

Last edited:
This Sasha and Bayley stuff is awesome so far. I’m all in.

Or...it could be a work. It SEEMS like a work. Hmmm, wonder if the belt makes its next appearance at the first TV episode in order to set up Jericho's next challenger.

I thought I saw that the police had a report on it? Still could be a work, I guess, but I dunno.

Bryan Alvarez was saying they have another belt, fwiw.

Jericho’s post title match backstage promo. So good...

First 15 seconds or so are a blank screen.

BREAKING! Jericho's title belt found:

I still say it was a work. Or, if not, it can sure be made into an angle.

For example, the guy who ostensibly found the belt (some indy guy) could be invited into the ring for a Jericho 'thank-you'. Instead, Jericho clotheslines him and lays him out and starts relentlessly beating him. Whoever makes the save would then establish himself as Jericho's next challenger. I bet you can come up with something better.

Last edited:
BREAKING! Jericho's title belt found:

I still say it was a work. Or, if not, it can sure be made into an angle.

For example, the guy who ostensibly found the belt (some indy guy) could be invited into the ring for a Jericho 'thank-you'. Instead, Jericho clotheslines him and lays him out and starts relentlessly beating him. Whoever makes the save would then establish himself as Jericho's next challenger. I bet you can come up with something better.

Vince has done nothing to make me want to watch Raw tonight instead of the NFL games. Don't think he will be too excited when the ratings come in this week.

Could Impact, of all promotions, be back from the dead?

They've just acquired a majority ownership in AXS-TV, which carries New Japan Pro Wrestling and Women of Wrestling:

Impact Parent Company Anthem Purchases Majority Interest In AXS TV, Steve Harvey On Anthem's Board - Wrestling Inc.

Impact Parent Company Anthem Purchases Majority Interest In AXS TV, Steve Harvey On Anthem's Board - Wrestling Inc.
TNA had a chance to develop if Hulk Hogan didn’t bury it in 2010.
He killed that company with his ego.

He was never going to wrestle and he had creative control and ruined what was working.
Sting/Kurt Angle/ Samoa Joe/ AJ styles/ Jay Lethal it was a nice company.

Then Hogan buried it by rushing a new Monday night wars for a company not ready for that type of burial.

He was never going to wrestle and he had creative control and ruined what was working.

Then Hogan buried it by rushing a new Monday night wars for a company not ready for that type of burial.

I hear that the product is currently pretty good. But I couldn't find the station it's on even if I wanted to. If they move to AXS, and if the product is solid, I'll check 'em out.

Yup. That’s about when I started losing interest, and probably within a year or two I stopped watching completely.

Christian was so great in TNA circa 2006-2008. When he had “Christian’s Coalition” with Tomko and AJ Styles. Great stuff.

Always liked Christopher Daniels too. And Joe and Angle were beasts. Plus Roode and Storm! LAX! They had a good thing going.

I hear that the product is currently pretty good. But I couldn't find the station it's on even if I wanted to. If they move to AXS, and if the product is solid, I'll check 'em out.

Yeah. I have no idea where they’re on. I watch some of their stuff on YouTube. Tessa Blanchard is legit.

Vince has done nothing to make me want to watch Raw tonight instead of the NFL games. Don't think he will be too excited when the ratings come in this week.

I like that Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte, and Becky are getting the pushes right now. Not Lacey Evans, not Rousey...just the 4 best all around that they got.

And I’m always into a King of the Ring tournament. Hoping Samoa Joe wins.

Also the Bayley/Banks stuff is awesome so far.

Reminds me of when Sting and Luger would always be friends even if one was heel and one was face.

Bayley is doing typical “heel” things with the chair beatdowns but claiming she’s still a role model because she’s being loyal to her friend. Meanwhile Sasha is pretty clearly heel. Not the typical cookie cutter, “hey you’re a good guy and I’m a good guy so we’re automatically friends and forget the entire last 6 months of programming” dumb stuff. Love it so far. Hope they don’t screw it up.

Finally The Rock comes back to Friday Night Smackdown. The Rock is still must see tv for me.

Finally The Rock comes back to Friday Night Smackdown. The Rock is still must see tv for me.

I think Fox ran a commercial for that Smackdown during every single commercial break of the Giants game yesterday.

I think Fox ran a commercial for that Smackdown during every single commercial break of the Giants game yesterday.

Yes they are going crazy with the promotion for sure. If the ratings don't follow, Vince can't say it wasn't because people didn't know about it

If you-ah smmmmmeeeeellllllll-ahhh ... Vince McMahons ... Desperation

I watched some of Raw last night, primarily because I had zero interest in the MNF matchup.

Lesnar’s stuff was great for a heel reaction. Not sure where that will lead for Rey. I’m on the fence with Wyatt. Hopefully they’re able to make it work this time. His first run was off to a great start, until he lost. Then he kept losing, and it just got boring. The challenge will be to keep him hot once he starts wrestling.

Flair is both great and terrible on the mic now. Seems like he’s lost all sense of timing and his exchanges often just come off awkward, but you also never quite know what he’s going to say or do so it’s kinda great too.

AJ is rock solid. I’m all in on Sasha vs. Becky. To me they’ve both finally been allowed to be characters that work for them on the main roster.

My biggest problem is that I just can’t get into Rollins as the top face. Kinda wish he was just another mid carder putting on 10 minute matches.

I wasn’t watching for the Lashley-Lana stuff.

I watched some of Raw last night, primarily because I had zero interest in the MNF matchup.

Lesnar’s stuff was great for a heel reaction. Not sure where that will lead for Rey. I’m on the fence with Wyatt. Hopefully they’re able to make it work this time. His first run was off to a great start, until he lost. Then he kept losing, and it just got boring. The challenge will be to keep him hot once he starts wrestling.

Flair is both great and terrible on the mic now. Seems like he’s lost all sense of timing and his exchanges often just come off awkward, but you also never quite know what he’s going to say or do so it’s kinda great too.

AJ is rock solid. I’m all in on Sasha vs. Becky. To me they’ve both finally been allowed to be characters that work for them on the main roster.

My biggest problem is that I just can’t get into Rollins as the top face. Kinda wish he was just another mid carder putting on 10 minute matches.

I wasn’t watching for the Lashley-Lana stuff.

I totally agree on Flair, I watched that segment and it was kind of painful, cause he was definitely a step slow, but also, it's Ric Flair! Like i got the feeling his mind was still working and he knew what he wanted to say, but he was just a beat or two too late and it did come off a little poorly.

Even saying all that, doesnt it blow your mind Vince didn't do Hogan-Flair at mania 8?