After Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

After Pitt

Yeah, the accumulated losing sucks. It matters. If it was just that I can see giving more time.

The accumulation of bad decisions makes me think things won't get better.
for me stupid decisions bother me more when they matter.

i have no hope for shafer ever having a good offense so it's moot.

if shafer ever did have a good offense, his bad snap decisions on saturdays would make me nuts, I'd want him fired, but a lot more people would ignore the bad decisions because a good offense is going to win enough games no matter what.

marrone's punt against USC in 2012 was so unbelievably stupid but no one cared a couple months later because they could move the ball.

i could go back further in time but i'm not gonna

so when the team's terrible, the meathead stuff is meaningless to me and when the team's not terrible, the meathead stuff is meaningless to people who are satisfied that we're not terrible

I have been an ardent supporter of the staff since the beginning, but there comes a time when I have to ask myself if they are worthy of continued support. If I step back and look at the results and the state of the program I am shocked.

I cannot find a single valid reason to continue down this road.

Shafer's hiring decisions have been poor at best. McDonald and now Lester are on him.
Failure to recruit at certain positions is also on him.
Overall recruiting has not kept pace with our ACC peers. We can't improve by staying in the ACC cellar.
Our game planning, game management and more importantly, in game adjustments have been very poor.

In which games has Lester not been out coached, especially in the second half?

On virtually EVERY metric the offense, with the most experienced unit on the team is worse than McDonald's and it is getting worse by the game. After Clemson and BC we will probably be last in the ACC in both total offense and defense.

We are losing to teams just as young as ours.

Where are the measurements and objective criteria at which to point? What magic will happen next year to turn things around?

I am afraid that the job is just beyond our staff.

There is nothing sacred about four years when it gets this bad.

Crusty said:
I have been an ardent supporter of the staff since the beginning, but there comes a time when I have to ask myself if they are worthy of continued support. If I step back and look at the results and the state of the program I am shocked. I cannot find a single valid reason to continue down this road. Shafer's hiring decisions have been poor at best. McDonald and now Lester are on him. Failure to recruit at certain positions is also on him. Overall recruiting has not kept pace with our ACC peers. We can't improve by staying in the ACC cellar. Our game planning, game management and more importantly, in game adjustments have been very poor. In which games has Lester not been out coached, especially in the second half? On virtually EVERY metric the offense, with the most experienced unit on the team is worse than McDonald's and it is getting worse by the game. After Clemson and BC we will probably be last in the ACC in both total offense and defense. We are losing to teams just as young as ours. Where are the measurements and objective criteria at which to point? What magic will happen next year to turn things around? I am afraid that the job is just beyond our staff. There is nothing sacred about four years when it gets this bad.

I feel this same way.

I would understand if Coyle needed the rest of the season to see if we get better... But if lose all three if be shocked if he doesn't make a move.