After the shot, my wife said I was Hysterical | Syracusefan.com

After the shot, my wife said I was Hysterical

Should do a poll of how many spouses/significant others who said (or thought) the same thing. My wife didn't say it, but surely thought it as I screamed and ran around the living room for two straight minutes, and tossing my three year old into the air.

my wife went nuts.

You also know when to let your kids be who they are when my 16 year old repeatedly screamed "holy sh it" as we were jumping up and down in our section trying to high five each other.

My son got out of bed to tell me to stop yelling during the game because he was trying to sleep, as I watched player after player leave the floor on every single shot fake!!! They must have been out cold once Gillon hit the shot, because I was screaming twice as loud that time, and jumping all over the room! My wife did text me from the other room to make sure I was OK!

My son got out of bed to tell me to stop yelling during the game because he was trying to sleep, as I watched player after player leave the floor on every single shot fake!!! They must have been out cold once Gillon hit the shot, because I was screaming twice as loud that time, and jumping all over the room! My wife did text me from the other room to make sure I was OK!
My 13-year old son pointed out us going for the shot fakes in the first half last night, well before anyone in the game thread mentioned it. Proud papa here.

Last edited:
My 13-year old son pointed out us going for the shot takes in the first half last night, well before anyone in the game thread mentioned it. Proud papa here.
Still trying to brainwash my son. He supports Cuse, but is only 7 so I can't really get him to stay and watch an entire game with me. He is though obsessed with the Titanic, the boat, not the stupid movie! So he loves watching the Titanic Hoops videos...so I'm using those as a hook! We're just going to have to hit a bunch more game winners to help me out!!!

Your 13-year old son probably would do a better job than half the commentators on the ACC broadcasts.

He's actually pretty good with the observations.

Now if I could just get him to take away the opponents right hand when actually playing hoops, we'd be onto something. But I'm just some idiot dad who knows nothing. Despite the fact I still play 2-3 times a week, and watch way too much basketball.

I was upstairs, my wife downstairs. She can't watch with me because I go crazy and she feels she's a bad luck charm (she is). She was following the score updates on her phone, so didn't know exactly what happened. When Gillon drained it, she said it sounded like I was getting murdered and wasn't sure if we won or lost. I was just making loud, guttural sounds apparently.

We can probably all be diagnosed with bipolar disorder after this season. I screamed and dropped F bombs after each of the last two games but the reactions were quite different.

I was upstairs, my wife downstairs. She can't watch with me because I go crazy and she feels she's a bad luck charm (she is). She was following the score updates on her phone, so didn't know exactly what happened. When Gillon drained it, she said it sounded like I was getting murdered and wasn't sure if we won or lost. I was just making loud, guttural sounds apparently.
Same here. I kept yelling mother... and she wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Last edited:
With these 3pm week day games, I just watch at the office. My girl and a coworker came in to watch the last two minutes. I have gotten pretty good at keeping my cool during games while I'm here but when that shot dropped, we all lost it. My boss and an HR lady came running down the hall, caught us still jumping up and down and screaming. He was p!ssed that I didn't come grab him.

I've been putting in work to get these guys hooked on Cuse, so when I drop bombs like "hey guys, I'm leaving for Chicago tonight for a basketball tournament" they are on board. Working out pretty good so far.

I was also at work when Ennis hit his buzzer beater a few years ago. Broke my keyboard.

my wife went nuts.

You also know when to let your kids be who they are when my 16 year old repeatedly screamed "holy sh it" as we were jumping up and down in our section trying to high five each other.

That's freaking awesome!

my wife was upstairs with the bedroom door closed watching some crazy girl thing on TV. Can't get her to be a sports fan, but i did make her watch the video of the shot.

She heard the racket I made from downstairs !!!

My daughter (18 YO) and I went nuts, but we had to quickly settle down as our commotion sent the dogs in a tizzy, three of which are Great Danes. We had stop before someone got hurt.
Yup, my ridgebacks were cheering along right besides me !!!

My reaction was similar to what Kurt Russell portrayed of Herb Brooks after beating the Russians. The genuine whisper scream (didn't want to wake up my daughter).

Of course my father-in-law was over, and got caught up in it all, jumped up and screamed. Thankfully she slept thru it.

I was watching with my wife and two college baseball players that are Duke fans that I mentor/disciple. I have two young kids, both sleeping. When the shot dropped I gave the silent two fists in the air, jumped off the couch with both fists stilled raised and just walked out of the room. Came back in fists raised, and walked out again. So amazing, both the baseball players said they are never coming over to watch Duke at my house again. Perfect ending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom