Scoop on Pearl - The benchmark | Syracusefan.com

Scoop on Pearl - The benchmark

Vshukla

Walk On
We had an alumnus gathering in SoCal to watch the NC State game and were joined by former SU guard Scoop Jardine. Since I was wearing my “Pearl” shirt, I asked Scoop about Pearl and loved what he had to say.

Scoop said that Pearl was the benchmark. He was the player that all SU players tried to live up to. Scoop said that if someone told him “Pearl did it this way”, then Scoops thought was “then I’m going to do it that way”. He also said that while Melo won us a championship, it was also Pearl’s championship, and we wouldn’t have ever been in position to get there without Pearl. Scoop talked about how almost 40 years later Pearl is still the most revered player in SU history and hoped that people would remember him half as fondly in the years to come.

This was so great to hear and reinforces how special Pearl was and how special the SU bond is.

I was always a fan of Scoop. As Coach Boeheim said, Scoop took big shots and made big plays. Getting to chat with him and see what a good guy and passionate alumni he is makes me a bigger fan.
scoop.jpg

We had an alumnus gathering in SoCal to watch the NC State game and were joined by former SU guard Scoop Jardine. Since I was wearing my “Pearl” shirt, I asked Scoop about Pearl and loved what he had to say.

Scoop said that Pearl was the benchmark. He was the player that all SU players tried to live up to. Scoop said that if someone told him “Pearl did it this way”, then Scoops thought was “then I’m going to do it that way”. He also said that while Melo won us a championship, it was also Pearl’s championship, and we wouldn’t have ever been in position to get there without Pearl. Scoop talked about how almost 40 years later Pearl is still the most revered player in SU history and hoped that people would remember him half as fondly in the years to come.

This was so great to hear and reinforces how special Pearl was and how special the SU bond is.

I was always a fan of Scoop. As Coach Boeheim said, Scoop took big shots and made big plays. Getting to chat with him and see what a good guy and passionate alumni he is makes me a bigger fan.View attachment 237078
Nice report. Scoop saying the right things. Awesome.

And he looks good too.

Scoop started just one game as a sophomore yet averaged 22 MPG. dude worked his butt off here to help the team win any way he could. didn't start but often times he was the guy with the ball in crunch time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom