After we beat USF this weekend... | Syracusefan.com

After we beat USF this weekend...

Rocco

Watching you.
Maybe some of you guys step back from the ledge and start having faith in Babers & Co. This is going to be a fun ride. If you're going to sulk, stay home and rake some leaves or practice shoveling snow. It's been 2 games for fock's sake. Hearing the bittching and moaning already is truly hard to understand.

Yes, they win this weekend. Enjoy your tailgates and the game.

K, good talk. Thanks.

Maybe some of you guys step back from the ledge and start having faith in Babers & Co. This is going to be a fun ride. If you're going to sulk, stay home and rake some leaves or practice shoveling snow. It's been 2 games for fock's sake. Hearing the bittching and moaning already is truly hard to understand.

K, good talk. Thanks.
PREACH MY BROTHA

K, good talk. Thanks.

Actually I agree we win for these reasons. USF scored 35 of their 45 points in the second half and what I remember about that game is that the heat got to us and we looked gassed in the 2nd half. Both the players and FHCSS said the "air" was hot & thick but coach said he could't use that as an excuse (then why mention it?).

Eric D had 232 yards passing & team had 73 yards rushing. USF had 259 yards passing but 281 yards rushing. Most of the USF rushing & passing was done in the 2nd half. And we had 3 turnovers to their 1. It was 0-0 after 1st quarter & 10-3 them at the half.

If they beat us, it's not going to be because of conditioning this time around. I don't think we will be out coached either. I "expect" us to put up 500-600 yards of offense and expect them to do the same. Get ready for a wild one boys! Go Orange!

We turn our attention to beating unconn.

We have to get the lead. Our D has to play with a lead it is not geared to come from behind

I don't think people have lost faith in Babers whatsoever as some are saying, I think people are thinking that we have a rather large rebuild on our hands, much like the one Marrone had, if not worse because of the conference we are in. That with zero fan base will make it very difficult for Dino who I agree with Cuseregular the Freudian slips are becoming a bit troublesome but as I have said from day one it may take 3-5 years but they need they need to give him plenty of time. Pretty evident that Shafer and company weren't getting it done on the recruiting trail, don't care what systems we were playing. In addition, as I have said if Babers can't get us back I highly doubt it's doable.

If we get thumped Saturday I will write this season off as year 1 in a 3-5 year rebuilding process, doesn't mean I have lost faith in Babers but that he has a much bigger job than I originally anticipated. We will struggle on the road on grass versus UCONN as well, we may win but it wont be easy, some here have an inflated self worth.

Doesn't make me less of a fan or that I will still be rooting for a bowl birth but just what is evident on the field. In addition as I have said 1000 times nobody here is remotely part of the problem with Syracuse football as some like to insinuate

Last edited:
kcsu said:
We have to get the lead. Our D has to play with a lead it is not geared to come from behind
What defense is geared to play from behind? They're all designed to stop the opposing offense.

IthacaBarrel said:
If we get thumped Saturday I will write this season off as year 1 in a 3-5 year rebuilding process, doesn't mean I have lost faith in Babers but that he has a much bigger job than I originally anticipated.

But by saying this you are displaying a lack of faith in Babers because he said it takes 16 games to really get the offense going, not 3-5. You can't rightfully judge his system before it is fully in place. It sounds like you're giving him the benefit of the doubt, but it falls short of faith.

But by saying this you are displaying a lack of faith in Babers because he said it takes 16 games to really get the offense going, not 3-5. You can't rightfully judge his system before it is fully in place. It sounds like you're giving him the benefit of the doubt, but it falls short of faith.

I think a year and a half to get his offense right is one thing, 8-10 wins is another. Two different barometers. In 18 months I still don't see us competing and beating the top 3 opponents on our schedule. I see us more competitive but not where we want to be as a program, and again the fact that people think we SHOULD beat this program and that program kind of blows my mind. Other programs are trying to compete and get better as well. Only win on paper was Colgate.

UCONN to me looks like a pickem game

I think a year and a half to get his offense right is one thing, 8-10 wins is another. Two different barometers. In 18 months I still don't see us competing and beating the top 3 opponents on our schedule. I see us more competitive but not where we want to be as a program, and again the fact that people think we SHOULD beat this program and that program kind of blows my mind. Other programs are trying to compete and get better as well. Only win on paper was Colgate.

UCONN to me looks like a pickem game
100% agree. It may take 1.5 season to click but they still won't have the players needed or they won't be ready to play. It's going to take 3 recruiting cycles. Most of the players we have are the exact opposite of what babers wants. We are small and slower then most of the teams we are going to Play. Uconn, nc state and wake are all picks after that it's going to take the ball rolling our way for any chance.

IthacaBarrel said:
I think a year and a half to get his offense right is one thing, 8-10 wins is another. Two different barometers. In 18 months I still don't see us competing and beating the top 3 opponents on our schedule. I see us more competitive but not where we want to be as a program, and again the fact that people think we SHOULD beat this program and that program kind of blows my mind. Other programs are trying to compete and get better as well. Only win on paper was Colgate. UCONN to me looks like a pickem game
You never said anything about 8-10 wins. You said it would be a 3-5 year "rebuilding" effort. 8+wins is a post-rebuild win total for all but a few programs. I fully expect us to be able to pick off an upset in year 3.

You're also putting words in my mouth by bringing up what teams other posters are claiming we will beat. I don't take any game for granted and I don't write off any game as a loss before it starts. I'm nearly 48 years old and I've always felt that way. I've seen enough strange outcomes in sports to be dissuaded from this stance.

Can people stop creating this fiction that the fanbase has turned on Babers? It hasn't.

Agreed, but there are "likes" there for the taking by creating a strawman argument that the fanbase doesn't have faith in Babers, and Rocco as a savvy poster is cashing in on it. Alsacs and Orangeauburn did the same thing in other threads.

I actually think this board handled getting humiliated Friday very well.

Last edited:
Agreed, but there are "likes" there for the taking by creating a strawman argument that the fanbase doesn't have faith in Babers, and Rocco as a savvy poster is cashing in on it. Alsacs and Orangeauburn did the same thing in other threads.

You really think people are posting to get likes?

11434d1397571921-incoming-new-product-jms-boost-max-cmon_man.jpg

Its an apple to orange comparison. The db injuries the two db's not qualifying not a single returning starter at DE coupled with playing a potential playoff team the second game. We will be fine. Kids will get well the frosh will learn and get stronger we will bring in some help next year and turn this program around. I still expect 5 or 6 wins this year and significant progress

I agree. I want this team to win as badly as everyone else on this board. But I'd prefer people save the "when we beat team X" stuff. We haven't proven anything to this point. We beat a team we should have. We lost to a team we should have. This weekend is the real test of where we stand, and according to Vegas we're roughly 2 TD's worse than USF. Let's pump the brakes and wait & see. IF we beat USF, then it's time to get excited.

Getting a like on the football forum is a hard earned like! Post anything positive on the basketball forum you get 10 likes guaranteed! Basketball likes would give me such an emptiness and hollow feeling forcing me to go see my therapist again (she's cute!). I see her enough over my manic depression tendencies I get from reading the football forum! :confused:

Can people stop creating this fiction that the fanbase has turned on Babers? It hasn't.

This is comical to me. Read the board. Further, just listen to people walking out of the Dome last weekend. The ship has already sailed on so many "fans". It's not fiction by any means, so please stop with the spin.

Again, I never said the whole fan base has turned on Babers. Several have and think we were going undefeated this year. LVille is a damn good team that beat up on an inexperienced, far lesser-talented Cuse team.

Please block me. If you think I post to get likes, then you maybe you need to start finding other hobbies in your own life. That is the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. I mean that.

Anything I post on here is what I say in conversations with friends and it is EXACTLY how I feel. Enough with the "like" BS. Wow.

Please block me. If you think I post to get likes, then you maybe you need to start finding other hobbies in your own life. That is the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. I mean that.

Anything I post on here is what I say in conversations with friends and it is EXACTLY how I feel. Enough with the "like" BS. Wow.

I'm not going to block you, I think you're a quality poster.