After we beat USF this weekend... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

After we beat USF this weekend...

Yet, you think I post for "likes"? C'mon bro, I mean everything I posted in my "We beat USF rant" earlier. Truly.

The negativity around here is nauseating at times.

There I just gave you 3 likes lol :rolleyes:

If anyone was posting for likes on the football forum gag me :vomit: if you want likes you go to the basketball forum for that as nothing much important gets discussed there just :blah::blah::blah::blah:. We are diehards and discuss serious stuff here :mad: and we don't need no likes :mad: just ridiculous to accuse anyone of this on the football forum.

Last edited:
Back to USF.

As I recall, last year's game was our first road game, and Eric Dungey's first game away from the Dome.

We couldn't slow down their rushing attack--at all. Both their RB and their QB wracked up a ton of yardage against us.

Their defense got a lot of upfield pressure against us and disrupted many drives.

As lopsided as that game was, it was close for 3 quarters, and then we just collapsed [kind of like last Friday's game].

I believe that we wilted under the heat of playing in Florida that game.

The questions that will determine the outcome of the game in my mind are:
  • How well will the offense execute?
  • Does USF have comparable athletes on defense to Louisville, or will we be able to sustain drives, move the ball, and score a lot more points?
  • Can USF's QB beat us through the air?
  • Can our defense shut down the USF rushing attack "enough?"
  • Will playing in the Dome instead of at their place help our cause?
  • Can our defense regroup and take away the big play?
  • Will our offense continue to show growth in game 3?

IthacaBarrel said:
I think a year and a half to get his offense right is one thing, 8-10 wins is another. Two different barometers. In 18 months I still don't see us competing and beating the top 3 opponents on our schedule. I see us more competitive but not where we want to be as a program, and again the fact that people think we SHOULD beat this program and that program kind of blows my mind. Other programs are trying to compete and get better as well. Only win on paper was Colgate. UCONN to me looks like a pickem game

Have you watched the 2016 UCONN team?

I read the board more than I care to admit and find the overwhelming majority (including me) are very supportive of Babers. If anything, just a few frustrated posts after a tough loss. I challenge you to find more than a few who have stated otherwise and think some are just being a bit dramatic about it.
This is comical to me. Read the board. Further, just listen to people walking out of the Dome last weekend. The ship has already sailed on so many "fans". It's not fiction by any means, so please stop with the spin.

Again, I never said the whole fan base has turned on Babers. Several have and think we were going undefeated this year. LVille is a damn good team that beat up on an inexperienced, far lesser-talented Cuse team.

Maybe some of you guys step back from the ledge and start having faith in Babers & Co. This is going to be a fun ride. If you're going to sulk, stay home and rake some leaves or practice shoveling snow. It's been 2 games for fock's sake. Hearing the bittching and moaning already is truly hard to understand.

Yes, they win this weekend. Enjoy your tailgates and the game.

K, good talk. Thanks.

I agree that we're going to be OK in the long run with Babers. The offense already looks much improved. But to me, this is the make or break game for this season. We need this win, and they have pretty much owned us ever since they joined the Big East. If we don't win this game, attendance is going to really be embarrassing for the remainder of the year.

I agree that we're going to be OK in the long run with Babers. The offense already looks much improved. But to me, this is the make or break game for this season. We need this win, and they have pretty much owned us ever since they joined the Big East. If we don't win this game, attendance is going to really be embarrassing for the remainder of the year.

Have to win this or Pitt game IMO to get to 6.

Back to USF.

As I recall, last year's game was our first road game, and Eric Dungey's first game away from the Dome.

We couldn't slow down their rushing attack--at all. Both their RB and their QB wracked up a ton of yardage against us.

Their defense got a lot of upfield pressure against us and disrupted many drives.

As lopsided as that game was, it was close for 3 quarters, and then we just collapsed [kind of like last Friday's game].

I believe that we wilted under the heat of playing in Florida that game.

The questions that will determine the outcome of the game in my mind are:
  • How well will the offense execute?
  • Does USF have comparable athletes on defense to Louisville, or will we be able to sustain drives, move the ball, and score a lot more points?
  • Can USF's QB beat us through the air?
  • Can our defense shut down the USF rushing attack "enough?"
  • Will playing in the Dome instead of at their place help our cause?
  • Can our defense regroup and take away the big play?
  • Will our offense continue to show growth in game 3?

All excellent points. The whitner play was huge in that game. That said, their lines took over in the second half and our lines took a beating. If we get a performance from our dline on sat, we can win this game.

This is comical to me. Read the board. Further, just listen to people walking out of the Dome last weekend. The ship has already sailed on so many "fans". It's not fiction by any means, so please stop with the spin.

Again, I never said the whole fan base has turned on Babers. Several have and think we were going undefeated this year. LVille is a damn good team that beat up on an inexperienced, far lesser-talented Cuse team.

Come on Rocco, people walking out of the Dome after that game?? I bet all 32k of them walked out of the Dome saying many of the same things so often over the past 15 years.

That's like reading into the prediction thread.

The people on this board, and the 32k who go to the Dome are part of the solution, not the problem. They'll be back. Everyone else is the problem.

Come on Rocco, people walking out of the Dome after that game?? I bet all 32k of them walked out of the Dome saying many of the same things so often over the past 15 years.

That's like reading into the prediction thread.

The people on this board, and the 32k who go to the Dome are part of the solution, not the problem. They'll be back. Everyone else is the problem.

Exactly..

No to be cocky, but I have a feeling you guys are running into a buzz saw this weekend. As long as we aren't looking forward to FSU I think it's going to be very similar to the Louisville game.

wasnt that always the case.. 4 games people thought we had little shot to win. win 6 of the other 8. beat uconn/wake/bc/colgate. good offense still wins those 4 games.

nothing pitt has done has made that game any less winnable from watching them play twice.
USF has had better athletes for years on location alone.
ND has shown little so far
nc st who knows.
the clemson that played last week was beatable.
Vt is a fumble fest. if that continues if they dont beat BC they might be 1-4 when we play them. ECU will be tought and jury still out on UNC.

FSU-UL have shown they have a big upside but UL is playing with fire they way the run that QB.

wasnt that always the case.. 4 games people thought we had little shot to win. win 6 of the other 8. beat uconn/wake/bc/colgate. good offense still wins those 4 games.

nothing pitt has done has made that game any less winnable from watching them play twice.
USF has had better athletes for years on location alone.
ND has shown little so far
nc st who knows.
the clemson that played last week was beatable.
Vt is a fumble fest. if that continues if they dont beat BC they might be 1-4 when we play them. ECU will be tought and jury still out on UNC.

FSU-UL have shown they have a big upside but UL is playing with fire they way the run that QB.

Just my opinion, and not to get thrown in anti-Dino land, but I really don't think people should look at 845 yards and think we'll be fine as long as we don't play an athletic QB with spread option in the playbook.

We're really thin (as Dino said Friday night). We don't have enough DL to generate the front 4 pass rush that this defense requires. We don't have the depth or talent in the secondary to cover the WRs in this league. And worst of all were the basic running plays at the end of Friday night for 48 and 30 yard TDs.

Our offense is going to have to get much more efficient in a hurry to keep up.

I 5hink sone people may already be saying things like you hear every year like just wait till he ets his own players , and he Need's three more years, as something that seems to be heard every year and maybe they are just frustrated by the same ol cliches after he drubbing they just watched, but, I tend to believe if you are here you are a good fan just with a lot of frsutrations.

I for one think the biggest problem the team has right now by far and away if the lack of a running game that provides balance and in some forms ball control to slow down the defense and keep them from playing our receivers so tight, if the running game does not improve drastically it stunts the overall effectiveness and growth of the offense and the defense.

usfbull said:
No to be cocky, but I have a feeling you guys are running into a buzz saw this weekend. As long as we aren't looking forward to FSU I think it's going to be very similar to the Louisville game.

I wonder what an attempt at straight-up cockiness would look like?

Also, let's be honest here. You and BC are the Kansas and Kentucky of the ACC.

Leave football to better kids...

usfbull said:
Also, let's be honest here. You and BC are the Kansas and Kentucky of the ACC. Leave football to better kids...

Ok guy. Your community college has never achieved anything, in any sport, ever. Just because your teams rise to mediocrity happens to coincide with our worst period in school history doesn't mean you can even sniff our jockstrap. Your school is right were they belong, in academic and athletic purgatory collecting the scraps from real programs plates. Run along now.

Also, let's be honest here. You and BC are the Kansas and Kentucky of the ACC.

Leave football to better kids...

Did you just imply that BC is good at basketball?

Leave sports to the schools who earn real money doing it.

Now I feel bad. I do think it's adorable that USF has a fan.

There I just gave you 3 likes lol :rolleyes:

If anyone was posting for likes on the football forum gag me :vomit: if you want likes you go to the basketball forum for that as nothing much important gets discussed there just :blah::blah::blah::blah:. We are diehards and discuss serious stuff here :mad: and we don't need no likes :mad: just ridiculous to accuse anyone of this on the football forum.
I couldn't agree more. The hoops board has slowly morphed into a slightly more tolerable version of the newspaper slop. EVERYONE over there is an expert. Hysterical.