Against Louisville our fastest DB should play LB and spy Jackson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Against Louisville our fastest DB should play LB and spy Jackson

Shy is used to dealing with shifty lightning quick kick returners running at weird angles on special teams. If he is in to spy and blitz and doesn't have to go into coverage I think he could put a hit or two on Jackson that may make him think twice about running.

Plain simple devote one guy at LB level with speed to just follow the progressions of Jackson.

Louisville will be able to throw on us.
To win this game though we need to contain Jackson’s running.

Our LBs are veterans and smart but they aren’t fast. I would play a 4-4-3 basically with one of the safeties in the middle spying Jackson.
On passing downs just hope our DL which has done well can get pressure.

Like the idea, but spys on D are a thing of the past. If we didn't dedicate a spy to wofford last week (how about those HT adjustments) ; then don't expect it this week.

Jackson doesn’t run faster than 4.4.
We have to have some DBs in 4.4-4:5 range.
I don’t expect anyone to be faster but someone who can run with or close to him.

Agree, people throw around these 40 times VERY casually. There arent many sub 4.3 guys around.

I would enumerate all the reasons why this is a bad idea, but I don't want to type that much...

I know... switch to a 3-4 for one game...

Ok, what if we stay in the same defensive alignment but set up three yards back of the line of scrimmage. It will freak out and disorient the offense.