Ahhhh, Help me Syracusefan.com. Should I go or not? | Syracusefan.com

Ahhhh, Help me Syracusefan.com. Should I go or not?

texascpa

Living Legend
Living here in Houston, it's almost excusable for me not to go, but...the ticket prices are out of this world. $200 in the upper deck endzone? for what? Won't be able to see anything and will have to watch the game on the scoreboard. $4000/ticket on the temporary lower section - I'd need to mortgage my house...again!

I am close to pulling the trigger on two club level tickets. Seem to give the best bang for the buck, but even after a 10% primesports.com coupon code, and after the absurd 18% "processing fee", I'm still looking at $2200 for two tickets. :eek::bat:SUball

UPDATE: Two tickets purchased through cuse.com for $680. Will be in Section 102. Not optimal viewing, but optimal entertainment! Thanks all.

Last edited:
I'm a season ticket holder so if there is anyway possible for me to buy two tickets for you I will. However, going to the website I don't see that as an option (at least at this current time).

You still have 16 days to knock out some tax returns for extra scratch.

Living here in Houston, it's almost excusable for me not to go, but...the ticket prices are out of this world. $200 in the upper deck endzone? for what? Won't be able to see anything and will have to watch the game on the scoreboard. $4000/ticket on the temporary lower section - I'd need to mortgage my house...again!

I am close to pulling the trigger on two club level tickets. Seem to give the best bang for the buck, but even after a 10% primesports.com coupon code, and after the absurd 18% "processing fee", I'm still looking at $2200 for two tickets. :eek::bat:SUball

I'm only a $109 flight away, was going to go but saw the tickets and the distance from the seat to the court, I just can't justify it.

If money is really the issue, then do not spend money you don't have. No game is worth spending money you don't have.

If money is not the issue and it is a question of value, there is no value at the Final Four. If you really want to go and see the game, you can justify paying 2K for a ticket by the fact that you are spending zero on flights, hotels and meals.

If you cannot justify paying enough to get good seats, then you can justify paying whatever you can pay just to be there. How often does your team play in the Final Four in your hometown? It may never happen again...

Or maybe watch the semis on TV and then, if they win, buy tix to the final...seats will be a lot cheaper Monday night...

I decided not to go, mainly because I would be spending an exorbitant amount of money just to have the right to watch the game on the scoreboard in the stadium. These football stadium games are probably great for TV, but terrible unless you can get in the student section. Shame...

Looking back, it looks like Chicago should have been the move. Oh well.

If you can swing it in the Cuse section, go...I will never forget the spontaneous celebration in the stadium with fellow Orange fans (who were complete strangers) after we knocked off Gonzaga...

So, someone said unsold school tickets will be released to the public tomorrow. Wonder if that will drive down prices.

Dude I gotta tell you. I'm in the same boat, I have all but decided not to go as well. It would be strictly to say I was there. I'd basically have to watch the game on my phone from the type of seats I'd get and also ditch my daughter for the game because I can barely justify spending that kind of money for adults let alone a 6 year old who will be wanting to bail after 12 minutes.

I would just wait until Sat and find a Cuse fan with buddies who backed out. Heck there is a chance I'll have 2 extras.

So, someone said unsold school tickets will be released to the public tomorrow. Wonder if that will drive down prices.

If you can get them through SU - it will be face value. So call them ASAP.

But it won't drive down the price. Primesports is terrible. Did the same thing in Atlanta

There is a limit for everything It would be foolish to jeopardize your finances for something available on nation television regardless of the fun being there in person. That of course is jusy my option and the choice is always yours. I'll be gut wrenching here in Santa Clarita in front of a large screen television

If you want Monday night tickets only, should we be fortunate enough to get there, what price range would you expect tickets to be?

If you want Monday night tickets only, should we be fortunate enough to get there, what price range would you expect tickets to be?

Crazy expensive now, but there should be lots available from the losing teams. I don't know how that works though with the electronic tickets. I thought you had to have the correct credit card or drivers license to use them?

If it were me, i'd get a baby sitter, take the wife out to a great sports bar with mico brews and use the money i saved toward a trip to Disney for my daughter. You'll have a better view of the game and be a hero. I'd also call in sick on Tuesday.

I am sure you could get into the stadium on Monday for ~ $200 a pop if you wait till after the semis to buy.

Just my honest 2 cents.
You should go to the tournament.

I am sure you could get into the stadium on Monday for ~ $200 a pop if you wait till after the semis to buy.
That seems high. They are ~$130 on ncaa.com for Monday night right now.

I'm coming in from Dallas. Suck it up and find a way.

I went to Atlanta in 2013. The experience of seeing your favorite team in the Final Four is worth it.

Went to Atlanta. Meh seats. Super expensive.

It was insane. I can't even imagine the craziness if we would've won...

The Final Four is a bucket list event for any college basketball fan... I'd go even if my team wasn't in it.

Yes, the view from 99% of the seats is poor,
( keep that in mind all those who keep asking for that to happen at our Dome) but the atmosphere is like no other I have experienced! It's about the entire experience both in and out of the game. You could always do cheaper seats.

If you can't afford the tickets,* you should at least get in to attend other events.

This coming from someone who just sold my soul to travel to Houston We did the responsible thing once... 2003-Went to Boston, Albany and then decided we couldn't afford New Orleans... Vowed to never do that again!! Went to Atlanta and will be in Houston !

Dude, if you're in town and don't have to pay the $$ for flights and hotels like so many of us do, then what the hell are you dithering about? Grab some cheapies in the upper level, (granted $250 isn't cheap for tickets but this is the FINAL FREAKING FOUR) and come join the party.

If we win the whole thing, you'll regret not going. If you really want to cover all your bases, watch Saturday at home, and if we win, then come on down for Monday.