Ahhhh, Help me Syracusefan.com. Should I go or not? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ahhhh, Help me Syracusefan.com. Should I go or not?

Prices for flights from syr to houston are high. If I was you I'd wait for the national championship game on Monday

There is a limit for everything It would be foolish to jeopardize your finances for something available on nation television regardless of the fun being there in person. That of course is jusy my option and the choice is always yours. I'll be gut wrenching here in Santa Clarita in front of a large screen television

Honestly, I would not be jeopardizing my finances in the least. We do well. However, it's really hard for me to justify this for 2-4 hours of entertainment.

Dude, if you're in town and don't have to pay the $$ for flights and hotels like so many of us do, then what the hell are you dithering about? Grab some cheapies in the upper level, (granted $250 isn't cheap for tickets but this is the FINAL FREAKING FOUR) and come join the party.

If we win the whole thing, you'll regret not going. If you really want to cover all your bases, watch Saturday at home, and if we win, then come on down for Monday.

I hear ya. I hear ya.

I'm coming in from Dallas. Suck it up and find a way.

I went to Atlanta in 2013. The experience of seeing your favorite team in the Final Four is worth it.
Coming from the Cayman Islands, we dropped 3k for this. We got pretty crappy seats but I've learned just being in the atmosphere is worth it.

With that said, like others have mentioned, you dont spend money you dont have.

As long as it's not the morgtage payment, or your kid's college savings, then you should GO FOR IT.

To paraphrase Jay Leno's Doritos commercials tag-line - "crunch all you want, you'll make more."
It's only money. And not even an obscene amount of it.
A month from now, a year from now - are you even going to miss a couple hundo? Nope.
You'll have the memories for a lifetime.

How often does Cuse play in a Final Four, period?
Much less one you don't have to fly to or get a hotel room for, etc?

Being there to watch Cuse play in the Final Four? And possibly win a NC?
Priceless.

pretty sure on during the morning on saturday, you are going to find a big drop in price.

Honestly, I would not be jeopardizing my finances in the least. We do well. However, it's really hard for me to justify this for 2-4 hours of entertainment.

I'm just going to say this...If you are on this board, you are a die-hard and if finances are not an issue:

If they win it all in your hometown and you are not there, you will be kicking yourself for the rest of your life...

Outside of my wife and kids, those five days in New Orleans are among the most memorable experiences of my entire life...I rooted for 27 years waiting for that moment...

For what it's worth, I was in the upper deck in Atlanta in 2013 and you could still see everything that was going on. Yes it's not the 300 level of the dome but the game isn't unwatchable. There is plenty to do as well (meet and greets, autographs, free concerts, etc.) that will be happening in the city on top of the basketball games. You could always buy tickets for the semi-finals and then purchase tickets for the championship if we make it to Monday. If we lose you won't be paying nearly as much.

Favorite team + Final Four + Hometown. It may hurt the wallet for a bit but you will make the money back. Besides finances, we make money to do things like this!!

Two things about me - I'm a glass-half-empty guy and I try to ask questions before I give answers.

So I ask you this: Which are you going to regret more this time next year? Spending an exorbitant amount of money for (relatively) poor seats and a few hours entertainment or missing out on seeing your team in what for many is the biggest American sporting event?

I think the advice some posters gave to wait for Monday is a reasonable compromise that makes things easy to rationalize/justify (depending on your perspective). If Syracuse doesn't win, then you didn't spend money on what turned out to be a loss. If they win, it sounds like you can get cheaper tickets and still get to see them in the championship.

It sucks, I almost drove down to NO on Sunday April 6th 2003 to try to be in the stadium for the NC but opted not to. I said if they made the NC again I would go but it just happens that I'm planning a trip to Europe to celebrate retirement in October and it is a big financial undertaking for someone in my tax bracket. Ran it by my wife Monday (going) almost got clubbed . But I say get cheap tickets off the vanquished if we should happen to win Saturday.

UPDATE: Tickets purchased through cuse.com. Will be in Section 102. Not optimal viewing, but optimal entertainment! Thanks all.

Glad to hear that. It's a memory you will have forever.

I'm only a $109 flight away, was going to go but saw the tickets and the distance from the seat to the court, I just can't justify it.

I'm the other way around. Have an offer from a friend (Villanova fan) for one ticket at face value - phenomenal seats 20 rows up at mid court. Flights out of NY are insane plus have to juggle some work issues so probably have to pass.

I'm the other way around. Have an offer from a friend (Villanova fan) for one ticket at face value - phenomenal seats 20 rows up at mid court. Flights out of NY are insane plus have to juggle some work issues so probably have to pass.

I was thinking about going, was talking to my ex in NY and we were going to meet in Houston (SU basketball is the only thing that we have together and we get along about) and we were looking at flights for her the second they won and they were over $700 from Syracuse, that we didn't mind it was the price of ticket/location of ticket. If we got the tickets we wanted, the flights, and hotel, we were looking at almost $5,000 combined. She's coming out to Vegas to see me the week after for a concert which we have about $2000 invested in and just couldn't pull the trigger.

I have decided that when we do this again (and I have full faith we'll be back soon) there will be no dollar amount to keep me away and for this years squad I'll be cheering as hard for them as if I was in Houston. LGO!

I was thinking about going, was talking to my ex in NY and we were going to meet in Houston (SU basketball is the only thing that we have together and we get along about) and we were looking at flights for her the second they won and they were over $700 from Syracuse, that we didn't mind it was the price of ticket/location of ticket. If we got the tickets we wanted, the flights, and hotel, we were looking at almost $5,000 combined. She's coming out to Vegas to see me the week after for a concert which we have about $2000 invested in and just couldn't pull the trigger.

I have decided that when we do this again (and I have full faith we'll be back soon) there will be no dollar amount to keep me away and for this years squad I'll be cheering as hard for them as if I was in Houston. LGO!

you spend a lot of time with an ex...

you spend a lot of time with an ex...

Haven't seen her in a year, just so happened we had a trip planned for Guns n Roses a week after the Final Four. After this I doubt I'll see her for awhile.