Al Golden | Syracusefan.com

Al Golden

RoofBeam

2nd String
Would people be upset if Golden was the choice? Lots of varied experience, northeast recruiting connections, presumably less of a gamble than Chesney. He might tend toward meatheatedness- not sure about this but my general observation is that this seems to be the (d)evolutionary direction of football coaches as they age. (Dino is a good example of this.) I really like Rocky's defense for SU as I think it fits the kind of athletes the program is likely to attract. What kind of D would Golden run? Maybe he would keep Beck and Campanile on staff?

Would people be upset if Golden was the choice? Lots of varied experience, northeast recruiting connections, presumably less of a gamble than Chesney. He might tend toward meatheatedness- not sure about this but my general observation is that this seems to be the (d)evolutionary direction of football coaches as they age. (Dino is a good example of this.) I really like Rocky's defense for SU as I think it fits the kind of athletes the program is likely to attract. What kind of D would Golden run? Maybe he would keep Beck and Campanile on staff?
That would be fine. Unless he immediately let it be known he had zero interest, IDK why Manny Diaz' name has never been mentioned.

Terrible . I’ll puke. Rather have Chesney. Actually F’it i don’t even care anymore. Hire Liam Coen if you want at this point and pay him $750k

IDK why Manny Diaz' name has never been mentioned.
Completely agree. After the presser he was the one that I immediately thought about. Checks every box and also called Syracuse his dream school but couldn’t afford it (Newhouse).

I don't think Manny Diaz would necessarily take this job. He's within a year or two of popping up on shortlists for much bigger jobs. Coming here would be somewhat of a gamble. Especially with that 2025 schedule lurking.

Anybody with power 4 experience would be better then Chesney.

No he didn’t. It was coach speak because he has a job.

And it wasn't even much of that.

My ND buddies (note: these are not sources) think he'll be gone anyway and wants back in the NFL.

Zero chance we get him. Let’s be happy with the guy from holy cross with a losing record this year. He’s a winner.

lol he did not have a losing record this year

And it wasn't even much of that.

My ND buddies (note: these are not sources) think he'll be gone anyway and wants back in the NFL.
I’m fine with that.

I’m coming around to Chesney.

He’s a NE guy. He wins everywhere he goes. He can build a legacy career on The Hill.

We shall see.

Whatever he didn’t make the playoffs.
His career is more than one season. I'm not thrilled about him either, but let's be fair about it.